Radio within Normandy map

KonniRichter

Can anybody please explain how the radio in german ww2 planes works with the Normand map? Which frequencies to i have to set in ME? The 2 digits or 3 digits showing at airfield in ME?

When i set the "COMM" and frequency in ME, i thought me wingmen within my group will talk to me, but i get no answer. Radio targets (text) in menu is always shown black. Where is my fault?

Would be very helpfull to have a tutorial on that, or is it still work in progress?

I hope I don't sound condescending, but have you read the manual for the airplane? It's in the DCS World openalpha/mods/aircraft/aircraft name folder/docs. If that doesn't answer your question, try DCS World Topics » Guides & Tutorials » Chuck's Tutorial Library (JSGME+Sound Mods+Transfer Licenses from Steam to Non-Steam). Chuck has excellent tutorials that include radio use. For example, see pages 37 and 38 of his DCS Fw-190D-9 guide.

Edited by Balzarog
Added information

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I hope I don't sound condescending, but have you read the manual for the airplane? It's in the DCS World openalpha/mods/aircraft/aircraft name folder/docs. If that doesn't answer your question, try DCS World Topics » Guides & Tutorials » Chuck's Tutorial Library (JSGME+Sound Mods+Transfer Licenses from Steam to Non-Steam). Chuck has excellent tutorials that include radio use. For example, see pages 37 and 38 of his DCS Fw-190D-9 guide.

Thanks for your reply, but that is not my problem. I know how to use radio in planes.

Let me explain more detailed. I set in ME a FW190 plane as player, starting from parking position at Sommervieu at Normany map. Sommervieu got Tower Frequency 39.150 MHz. I set this 39.150 as channel 1 with my FW190 plane in ME and start the mission.

Within the mission I switch FZG16 channel selector to "I" as i set in ME. Set radio mode "FT" and press "Push to talk" > Comm menu "Request taxi to runway" ... i got no answer now.

So, where is my fault? I cannot get any answer when using FW190 at normandy map. Hope you can tell me what i forgot to set or to do.

Thanks for your help!

The channel 1 can not be used in the focke, see manual. In the original, the radio transmits and receives on different channels when it is set to I.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

I own it, but I've never flown the FW-190 embarrassed-smiley17.gif, but I did just read the manual radio section.

For ATC communications you should be using the "△" setting, so I would do that, just to eliminate any other possible issues.

Also, when setting up the mission in the ME note the faction color in which "The Third Reich" is included (generally red, but YMMV), and set the airfield you will be using to that faction color by clicking on the airfield and selecting the color.

I expect if you follow those rules, it should work.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Speaking of radio's...........

I may have to create a WW II radio station mod that plays big band music!

We also need a radio mod that has the enemy radio broadcasts sent to allied troops.

Similar to the North Korea broadcasts sent to the south.

I know the Germans did this. Did the allies do this as well in WW II?

I need to investigate further...........

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 1 year later...

Every base Tower has its own frequency.

HF for Luftwaffe planes.

VHF for Allied WWII planes.

UHF for modern planes.

and 4th, do not know for what, maybe CA?

It is the same like for others maps.

Screen_181206_093249.thumb.png.7fa5a46102b650ac71accb3cfcf2b457.png

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

The allies did do this in WWII. I have a number of radio broadcasts from Glenn Miller who had a woman named "Ilsa" who would speak German during the broadcasts over Armed Forces Radio. Additionally, Glenn would also try to speak a few words or phrases in German for those German soldiers listening.

So the normand map supports to be played as a modern map too ? Like airport slots for big planes etc? I don't have normandy, yet.

Maybe having map ERAs be a new feature of DCS just like seasons.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Maybe having map ERAs be a new feature of DCS just like seasons.

That's a great idea, but it'd most likely be too much extra work for the price point. So it's not gonna happen, I'm afraid.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 1 year later...
Every base Tower has its own frequency.

HF for Luftwaffe planes.

VHF for Allied WWII planes.

UHF for modern planes.

and 4th, do not know for what, maybe CA?

It is the same like for others maps.

I haven't gotten my Mustang to talk to Tower Yet even with the ME setup for A-D channels programmed to the tower freqs. Do I have to set another switch in the aircraft to get the frequency to work...I've been using VHF freqs.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All airbases i have tested talk to my Mustang/Spitfire, on ground or in the air (have not tested all, but most of them).

Tangmere is the exception, this tower reamains quiet. It is reported but without answer yet.

I just set the tower frequency in ME and in game open "COMMS MENU" - "F5" - then select intended airport, this works.

On ground / cold start, you need only battery "ON", proper chanel button and open comms menu, nothing more is required.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |