When cancelling update, updater doesn't check for patch on next launch.

D4n

When clicking "DCS_Updater.exe" for openbeta, then downloading the update (big patch), cancelling (also HTTP), then starting the updater again, DCS just launches without ...... even checking for update.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I don't want to have 2 shortcuts for DCS in my taskbar (1 to play, 1 to update). We're not in 2008 anymore. we're 10 years later already.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I don't want to have 2 shortcuts for DCS in my taskbar (1 to play, 1 to update). We're not in 2008 anymore. we're 10 years later already.

It's normal for this company to treat all customers as beta testers and co developers, by making customers write batch files for simple things they refuse to fix.

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

• 3 months later...

Still present, after more than 3 months later

The program checks for updates once per day ... it isnt that big of a deal, isnt it?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The program checks for updates once per day ... it isnt that big of a deal, isnt it?

DCS to my knowledge is the only software in the world to behave this way instead of checking on every game start.

DCS to my knowledge is the only software in the world to behave this way instead of checking on every game start.

so? ... it still isn't a very big problem ... if it bothers you that much, just avoid canceling the update the first time it offers :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Actually most software will force an update whether you want to or not. I like that DCS gives me the option to cancel the update and run the update anytime of my choosing.

It's not a bug, its a feature. ED gives you the choice to install or not. If you want to run it later run the updater.

Edited by Dagger71