Simpit Software from SDA

HJPuhlmann

Let me introduce you today Ikarus. For the average user, there is a easy way to build a virtual cockpit. For many modules, we already offer a solution.

You get pre-configured solutions for the DCS modules:

• A-10A

• A-10C

• BF-109-K

• F-15C

• F-5E

• F-86F Sabre

• FW-190D9

• KA-50

• L-39C

• L-39ZA

• Mi-8MTV2

• MiG-15Bis

• MiG-21Bis

• MiG-29A

• MiG-29G

• Mig-29S

• P-51D

• SU-25

• SU-27

• SU-33

• TF-51D

• UH-1H

All these configurations are customizable.

https://github.com/s-d-a/Ikarus

And the best is, Ikarus is open source. Have fun.

Thanks to the whole team and the beta tester.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Edited by HJPuhlmann

Heinz

Intel i7 3930k | 16 GB | GTX 980 | TrackIR 5 Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind| Win 10 x64 |

Simpit Software by SDA"SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus A Cockpit Designer
  • DCS ExportScript

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC

https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts

Ikarus forum thread

Do you have a video or pictures to demonstrate what this is and how it works. Is this similar to helios or something like mmjoy?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Follow this link:

https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus

Heinz

Intel i7 3930k | 16 GB | GTX 980 | TrackIR 5 Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind| Win 10 x64 |

• DCS ExportScript

Ikarus forum thread

That explains what it is and the intentions but doesn't show Ikarus in use or displayed. I think either a video of it working or screens of how it works or how to work it would convince someone who doesn't know a lot about cockpit interfacing.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Well I'd rather see what it looks like and how it functions before downloading it to try it out. A teaser or tutorial of sorts. Not judging at all just would like to actually SEE Ikarus in action first.

Makes sense..:music_whistling:

Well I'd rather see what it looks like and how it functions before downloading it to try it out. A teaser or tutorial of sorts. Not judging at all just would like to actually SEE Ikarus in action first.

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

I would say it is similar to Helios, some things are better some things might be less. I.e. export instruments/gauges and indicators to a second monitor or client.

You still need to export viewports for radars and MFD´s etc. though.

I consider it easier to configure than Helios, but that is probably very much a personal thing.

Here is a thread with some images from a MIG-15 profile I have been working on. If you are used to Capt Z profiles in Helios you might think a stock Ikaurs profile looks poor when it comes to looks, but it is possible to add layers of gfx on top of it and customize it as you like.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167717

Do you have a video or pictures to demonstrate what this is and how it works. Is this similar to helios or something like mmjoy?

Hello Oberfeldwebel Elmo,

Ikarus is similar to Helios, but has much more different gauges to adjust detailed cockpit panels.

Ikarus is a Windows application that requires .Net 4.5.

The software can be operated on the same PC as DCS or over a network on another PC.

The exporting script is required for exporting the data: DCS ExportScript.

Not only is it possible to display instruments, but also the use of switches and pushbuttons, so you can create complete cockpit panles.

For the modules listed above, there are all the instruments of the respective front panels, each of which is arranged on a base profile.

For the A-10C and the Ka-50, we have created a few detailed profiles.

See the following pictures.

picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=8554

A-10C front panel

picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=8556

A-10C Radio panel

picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=8555

A-10C CDU panel

picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=8558

Ka-50 front panel

CU Micha

Edited by McMicha

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

I would say it is similar to Helios, some things are better some things might be less. I.e. export instruments/gauges and indicators to a second monitor or client.

You still need to export viewports for radars and MFD´s etc. though.

I consider it easier to configure than Helios, but that is probably very much a personal thing.

Here is a thread with some images from a MIG-15 profile I have been working on. If you are used to Capt Z profiles in Helios you might think a stock Ikaurs profile looks poor when it comes to looks, but it is possible to add layers of gfx on top of it and customize it as you like.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167717

that is a very nice looking profile. I fly the MiG-15 a lot, would love to use this one! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

That's kind of a dry introduction to your software, just posting a gihtub link, but hey, I guess you guys are not into marketing that much. ;)

Anyway, thank for you contribution to the community. Why did you feel the need to create this when Helios + Captain Zeen profiles have been doing the job so far? Not a critic at all, but what does Ikarus do better than Helios?, or what did you miss in Helios for creating Ikarus?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, just read the McMicha post.

I have found an issue with Ikarus L-39 HSI. I am no programmer, but I am guessing there is a number rounded off incorrectly and once export starts it shows up.

Please note the following photos:

picture.php?albumid=254&pictureid=8550

Photo above shows enlarged HSI with only Ikarus running. Course pointer and RMI are 'in-line' and pointing at 180 degrees. Both ends of pointers are lined up correctly (North).

picture.php?albumid=254&pictureid=8551

This photo shows HSI after receiving export from DCS (1.5 or 2.0). Plane is on a runway at Mozdok. RMI and course pointer are pointing at 088 degrees. Note that opposite end of pointers are now 2.5 degrees apart. Pivot point for course pointer art has shifted, hence my guess of a number rounded off and creating math errors.

Shut off DCS and both pointers jump back into alignment. This error affects how the ILS works and it would be wonderful if someone much smarter than I took a look at the cause.

Edited by JG14_Smil

So it's like helios OK doesn't really fit my bill as I don't have a second monitor or the desire for one. What is the button mapping portion....it's it similar to what mmjoy or the target software does?

That's kind of a dry introduction to your software, just posting a gihtub link, but hey, I guess you guys are not into marketing that much. ;)

Anyway, thank for you contribution to the community. Why did you feel the need to create this when Helios + Captain Zeen profiles have been doing the job so far? Not a critic at all, but what does Ikarus do better than Helios?, or what did you miss in Helios for creating Ikarus?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, just read the McMicha post.

Hello BaD CrC,

Yes you are right, that was not a good marketing, but we are just software developers and no PR gurus.

Ikarus has a long history.

We started with D.A.C. (D.A.C. on GitHub) to control a special I/O USB card from DCS.

The export script was quickly extended by an export for Helios.

Unfortunately, it turned out that Helios was no longer developed and there are accordingly only a few instruments.

Then Heinz developed HT (HT on GitHub) as an extension for HawgTouch.

Unfortunately, there were many technical limitations and unfortunately we do not get the source code from the original developer.

Icarus was then developed.

Especially in the endeavor, that we always there the complete gauges of the respective available modules.

This is, what Icarus can do better than Helios. It has (almost) all the gauges of 22 different aircraft and helicopter.

CU Micha

Edited by McMicha
  • Like 1

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

So it's like helios OK doesn't really fit my bill as I don't have a second monitor or the desire for one. What is the button mapping portion....it's it similar to what mmjoy or the target software does?

Hello,

The buttons have a mouse and touch event.

This causes the button ID stored in each case to be sent to the export script.

The ExportScript then sends the data directly to DCS.

All inputs and gauges are transmitted over the network.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hello JG14_Smil,

Thank you for the error message.

We will check it.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hello,

The buttons have a mouse and touch event.

This causes the button ID stored in each case to be sent to the export script.

The ExportScript then sends the data directly to DCS.

All inputs and gauges are transmitted over the network.

CU Micha

So it's a cockpit panel that works by clicking the screen similar to how you already do in dcs?

Can we get a better idea of how this works in a multi PC setup and how we go about configuring it? Very interested to see it working as per others so if someone can do a youtube demo that would put some questions to bed perhaps?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Can we get a better idea of how this works in a multi PC setup and how we go about configuring it? Very interested to see it working as per others so if someone can do a youtube demo that would put some questions to bed perhaps?

Hello ward8124,

that is a easy task.

1.) Change the IP for the DCS Host:

picture.php?albumid=1309&pictureid=8563

and

2.) Change the IP for the Ikarus Host:

picture.php?albumid=1309&pictureid=8562

and save these changes and restart Ikarus.

Edited by HJPuhlmann

Heinz

• DCS ExportScript

Ikarus forum thread

Hello JG14_Smil,

Thank you for the error message.

We will check it.

Hello JG14_Smil,

Please download Ikarus again.

I hope we have fixed the bug.

Please also download the latest version of the ExportScripts.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Are you able to export the kneeboard? I presume if it is possible I can adjust the location on my second monitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Unfortunately, no....

But you can do this via the Viewports or the Kneeboard Builder.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Simpit Software from SDA

Hi Guys,

We (HJPuhlmann, McMicha and tomcat97) are "SDA", or in long "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION", and proudly present our software package for Simpit builder.

The software package consists of three components which can be combined with each other and additionally with external software.

"DCS ExportScript" to export the data from DCS World to the other programs.

"D.A.C." (DCS to Arcaze Communicator) controls the Acraze USB card and its modules.

"Ikarus" a new virtual cockpit software.

You can always find our software package in the latest version on GitHub at https://github.com/s-d-a or here in the respective descriptions.

We support new DCS modules as long as these featrue are complete (but best if they are no longer in the beta or Eary Access) and we own these modules ourselves.

For some modules this may take longer because we are not interested in all aircraft.

The DCS ExportScript is compatible with the current DCS World (version 1.5.7) and ALPHA (version 2.1.1).

D.A.C. And Ikarus need a Windows PC (Windows 7 to Windows 10) with an installed .Net 4.5 or above.

All the software is for free and open source.

If you have any questions or problems, just write us here.

CU Micha

From the SDA team

PS: Excuse me for my bad English, it's not my native language.

Edited by McMicha
  • Like 1

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread