DCS-BIOS: Overview and Announcements

FSFIan

Released v0.2.9 of the Arduino Library.

I forgot to post an announcement here for v0.2.8, so here's the changelog for both versions:

New in v0.2.8:

• add ability to pass a custom map function to the ServoOutput class
  • provide DcsBios::piecewiseMap template function
  • adopt recommended file structure for Arduino libraries and add metadata file

New in v0.2.9:

• fix more (const) char* related compiler warnings (ActionButton, Potentiometer)

Please post comments in the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Released v0.2.10 of the Arduino Library.

• Added EWMA filter to DcsBios::Potentiometer. This should finally stop potentiometers from spamming the serial port. To tweak the filter parameters, use the DcsBios:otentiometerEWMA template instead (see Potentiometers.h for its definition).
  • provide both sendDcsBiosMessage and DcsBios::sendDcsBiosMessage. Both of these functions will now block again until the message has been transmitted successfully. The non-blocking variant has been renamed to DcsBios::tryToSendDcsBiosMessage.
  • fixed a bunch of compiler warnings (now compiles with -Wall -Werror in the Arduino IDE 1.8.2)
  • tried to improve the order in which inputs get the chance to send a message

Please post general comments and feedback in the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread.

If you have questions or bug reports, please start a new thread.

Edited by [FSF]Ian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Released DCS-BIOS v0.5.5.

Changes from 0.5.3:

• A-10C: fix Emergency Trim Hat on the Emergency Flight Control Panel
  • Add improved connect-serial-port.cmd script (ask for COM port, fix an issue with Arduino Mega boards getting stuck in the bootloader by adding a small delay)

For comments and general feedback use the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread. If you need help or have found a bug, please open a new thread in the Home Cockpits forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Released DCS-BIOS v0.7.0.

Changes from 0.6.0:

• Added support for Bf 109 K-4, contributed by ArturDCS
  • Added support for P-51D, contributed by pdmarsh
  • Added support for L-39ZA, contributed by kadda11

Fixes and corrections:

by ArturDCS:

• FW-190D: corrected several instruments (see commit 47c47417b0bddc5b1c77e0567eca563bb18afd84)
  • Mi-8MT: changed SPU-7 category

by PrestaMath:

• UH-1H: fix RESET/TEST and BRIGHTNESS switches on the caution light panel

Thanks and my apologies to all the contributors who had to wait several weeks to get their changes merged. I have recently started working full time and am still experimenting with integrating DCS-BIOS into my new schedule.

For comments and general feedback use the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread. If you need help or have found a bug, please open a new thread in the Home Cockpits forum.

Ian;3262586']

Thanks and my apologies to all the contributors who had to wait several weeks to get their changes merged. I have recently started working full time and am still experimenting with integrating DCS-BIOS into my new schedule.

No problem at all. Family, work and personal life come first. Thanks for the updates to DCS-BIOS.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Released DCS-BIOS v0.7.1.

Changes from 0.7.1:

• fixes for the Mi-8 ARC-9 radio by ArturDCS
  • fixed a bug in connect-serial-port.cmd that caused communication between PC and Arduino to fail because the baudrate was not set correctly

For comments and general feedback use the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread. If you need help or have found a bug, please open a new thread in the Home Cockpits forum or find me on the DCS-BIOS Discord server.

• 1 month later...

New Module Profiles for DCS-BIOS

Since it is unclear when there might be an official update of DCS-BIOS, we want to make some new profiles available to the DCS-BIOS user community. These have been developed in support of DCSFlightpanels, but could be of use to others as well.

New Profiles

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

AJS-37 Viggen

SA342M Gazelle

SA342L Gazelle

SA342 Mistral Gazelle

In order to use these profiles, simply extract the attached zip file into your DCS Scripts folder:

C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Allow all folders to merge and supporting files to be overwritten. As always, backup your original DCS-BIOS folder before making these changes.

I hope these profiles will prove useful.

Sincerely,

Paul

DCS-BIOS.zip

• 1 month later...
Is the AV- 8B being considered added to the bios?
I'm am also hoping for this. I want to display the radio channels on my diy SR Radio box

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

As stated in the very first post...

What to post where

This thread is for the announcement of new software releases only.

If you want to announce a new version of your DCS-BIOS-related software, post in this thread, including a link to your project's discussion thread.

The preferred way to report bugs is to open a new issue on GitHub.

Questions belong in a new thread. Let's avoid creating another 35-page monster.

For anything else, you can use the DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't seem to get hold of Ian to get my F/A-18C profile to DCS-BIOS, so I will add it here.

Simply unzip into Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS folder overwriting when asked.

Can't seem to link twice, file can be found here

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

As my last time i use this platform was 2 years ago by mading some POC to test arduino for UH—1U pit.

Now i like to try something new and create F-14 grip fir the upcoming module.

My qustion is :

Any way i can use arduino/dcs bios to made some Axis control for pich/roll and trust ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

• 2 weeks later...

Home Cockpit FA-18

Hello folks,

i am about to build my own homepit with functional switches etc.

Because I have no idea about DCS Bios and its tecnical functionalities is there any one who can give advice how to do so and what is needed?

Is it actualy possible to combine DCS F/A18 with DCS Bios for not only switches yet. Likely im also interested in Gaugs and indications for speed and barostaticals.

Best regards

:pilotfly:

Hello folks,

i am about to build my own homepit with functional switches etc.

Because I have no idea about DCS Bios and its tecnical functionalities is there any one who can give advice how to do so and what is needed?

Is it actualy possible to combine DCS F/A18 with DCS Bios for not only switches yet. Likely im also interested in Gaugs and indications for speed and barostaticals.

Best regards

:pilotfly:

Yes the code for the F-18 has been written and is very good. I am not sure about gauges as I never look at these, but buttons and switches and LEDs work great.

The DCS BIOS page has a great getting started guide. If you follow that page you will have a switch up and running n no time, after that it is your imagination that will limit you.

http://dcs-bios.a10c.de/docs/v0.7.0/userguide.html

It seriously is simpler than you thing to get started.

• Like 1