[CANT REPRODUCE] Performance problem in Quick Start mission Bomber Intercept

Sporg

It's definitely a global problem, just tested a mission with the F-86. Huge fps drop with wake turbulence enabled. I'm on the latest beta.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Yeah, FPS tanked to single digits in VR as soon as I came close to the bombers. Anyone tried without the wake turbulence activated (just a wild guess)?

:thumbup: That's it. With wake turbulence fps go down to 8, without fps stay at 45 with some deeps to 40' at closest relative to bombers' flight.

Thank you very much!

I will test this, as it can very well be my problem:

I tested F-14 on OB when it came out, and of course enabled wake turbulence to try out the new feature.

However, I didn't test F-14 on my release version, so I didn't think of switching on wake turbulence there.

Another thing is, if it was playable, it could be marvellous to have the added challenge of having to fly through the turbulence from a massive bomber formation as well.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

• 2 months later...
Yeah, FPS tanked to single digits in VR as soon as I came close to the bombers. Anyone tried without the wake turbulence activated (just a wild guess)?

:thumbup: That's it. With wake turbulence fps go down to 8, without fps stay at 45 with some deeps to 40' at closest relative to bombers' flight.

Thank you very much!

I will test this, as it can very well be my problem:

I tested F-14 on OB when it came out, and of course enabled wake turbulence to try out the new feature.

However, I didn't test F-14 on my release version, so I didn't think of switching on wake turbulence there.

Another thing is, if it was playable, it could be marvellous to have the added challenge of having to fly through the turbulence from a massive bomber formation as well.

Okay, I finally came back to trying this (not much time to fly anymore, sadly):

I can now confirm, wake turbulence is the issue!

I tried the mission again in OB, FPS slowed to a crawl near the bombers.

Switched wake turbulence off, then tried again: Smooth as butter, no FPS deterioration anymore.

Checked my release version to confirm: Wake turbulence was already off there.

Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use