104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

On the subject of KA-50 performance, I did some testing with a FARP placed at the same location as in the mission, at 30C, 29.92 and no wind.

Looks like you need to keep under 24000 lbs weight to be able to take off effectively. That's 80% fuel or so with the standard KA-50 loadout. I made sure I could take off with dust protection engaged, and no power set limit indications during my takeoffs.

Do note: You'll have to fly IGE off the FARP and gain about 30-40 kph before you will be able to climb OGE. However, if you back yourself up on the FARP pad, and then roll off the FARP pad into your climb you should have no problems getting off the ground. You could even manage this with a heavier load nearer to 24500-25000 lbs, but it requires you to be 'on the numbers' with your controls.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to some challenging helicopter flying!pilotfly.gif

Interesting, I did not change loadout last week so this may have been the problem. I will join on friday in the Hokum again and hope to take off this time. Must pay more attention to weather. :thumbup:

I just want to say how much fun I've been having the past few days on the 104th server. I've been flying under the call sign "Counsel"

I've been flying choppers almost exclusively since I purchased a Rift last month. I spent a few weeks learning the ins and outs of the various choppers in Single Player and on the Open Conflict server. A few days ago I decided to try out the 104th. Man, I'm glad I did.

CTLD gives chopper pilots some real tasks to accomplish and a real impact on the mainly fighter-centric battlefield.

I generally start a session in a Gazelle of some sort. I will go scout the FARP location and see what's what. I've been really enjoying the Mistral version for this reason. The RWR and defensive AA capability are great. The RWR really helps to give some context to the fighter battle waging around.

If the FARP is squared away, I might drop the AA team I generally carry or push forward to the bulls eye. Carrying the AA team in the Mistral allows me to "bracket" a valley with an AA team on a hill top and my own mistrals circulating around another hilltop. I got my first F-15 kill doing this.

Last night, a buddy and I took up Hueys and secured a FARP by ourselves. We brought a Mix of AA and standard troops. The ability to fast rope troops into combat and then support then with CAS is so freaking cool. We managed to ferry out enough crates to get a FOB setup. At that point I setup a KUB launcher by myself. So neat. I had to call the session short at that point as I was getting "VR Neck." So, I wasn't able to see if my SAM made a difference. However, knowing that choppers have such a large "area-denial" capability is great.

I can't wait to get home from work and take up another chopper!

• Like 1

I just want to say how much fun I've been having the past few days on the 104th server. I've been flying under the call sign "Counsel"

I've been flying choppers almost exclusively since I purchased a Rift last month. I spent a few weeks learning the ins and outs of the various choppers in Single Player and on the Open Conflict server. A few days ago I decided to try out the 104th. Man, I'm glad I did.

CTLD gives chopper pilots some real tasks to accomplish and a real impact on the mainly fighter-centric battlefield.

I generally start a session in a Gazelle of some sort. I will go scout the FARP location and see what's what. I've been really enjoying the Mistral version for this reason. The RWR and defensive AA capability are great. The RWR really helps to give some context to the fighter battle waging around.

If the FARP is squared away, I might drop the AA team I generally carry or push forward to the bulls eye. Carrying the AA team in the Mistral allows me to "bracket" a valley with an AA team on a hill top and my own mistrals circulating around another hilltop. I got my first F-15 kill doing this.

Last night, a buddy and I took up Hueys and secured a FARP by ourselves. We brought a Mix of AA and standard troops. The ability to fast rope troops into combat and then support then with CAS is so freaking cool. We managed to ferry out enough crates to get a FOB setup. At that point I setup a KUB launcher by myself. So neat. I had to call the session short at that point as I was getting "VR Neck." So, I wasn't able to see if my SAM made a difference. However, knowing that choppers have such a large "area-denial" capability is great.

I can't wait to get home from work and take up another chopper!

I too like the helos on 104th. I wish capturing Farps gave us spawn slots kind of like Blue flag, but other than that they are very fun. If you haven't joined Team speak jump on. There is usually some guys on TS flying helos.

Veelax is spamming chat right now. Please take action ASAP thx

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I hate to keep complaining about skins and liveries, but flying the MiG-21 makes it almost impossible to visually IFF between US and Israeli F-15's.

The game already has aggressor skins that are impossible to mistake, is there any reason red doesn't use them for example? That way US and Israeli F-15's can fly on one side which makes more sense?

For most other aircraft this isn't an issue, as the liveries used are pretty different for both sides, but for the F-15 (the most flown aircraft) being the same causes huge headaches for those fighters that can't IFF using equipment instantly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate to keep complaining about skins and liveries, but flying the MiG-21 makes it almost impossible to visually IFF between US and Israeli F-15's.

The game already has aggressor skins that are impossible to mistake, is there any reason red doesn't use them for example? That way US and Israeli F-15's can fly on one side which makes more sense?

For most other aircraft this isn't an issue, as the liveries used are pretty different for both sides, but for the F-15 (the most flown aircraft) being the same causes huge headaches for those fighters that can't IFF using equipment instantly.

I second this, also for suggestions, using other factions for red side western fighters, or blue side Russian fighters could be a really good idea, and could add to more realism too. Iranian F-5s for one, so the Blue side players would be forced to see if the F-5 is Green or camo colored and then engage. Or to spot the roundel which makes it more realistic too for WVR engagements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Am I the only one seeing planes flying backwards, landing upside down and god knows what else...?

I had been experiencing a good bit of warping the last couple of weeks, but I haven't been on to fly in over a week due to traveling so can't comment on it since the most recent patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I had been experiencing a good bit of warping the last couple of weeks, but I haven't been on to fly in over a week due to traveling so can't comment on it since the most recent patch.

It seems to me that the latest patch introduced some weirdness which affects human as well as AI. At least on my end. Before that it was all good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Is SARH september starting today? Missions still look like they have active missiles on them.

As far as I could tell, August was 90% SARH only missions already...maybe it was just poor timing for me on the times I was able to fly.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Operation Fireshield - Civilian Trafic is enforced... Bad FPS, Lagg (i don`t have any permission to poke admin or chat msg on your ts..sry)

Edit:

Op.Watcher Lagg, freezing... crash

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Operation Fireshield - Civilian Trafic is enforced... Bad FPS, Lagg (i don`t have any permission to poke admin or chat msg on your ts..sry)

Yeah something has changed from a couple days ago. There is a lot more lag now and the server is in a constant state of failure. At the airfields Im getting 15fps and that is with a 1080 ti. In the air Im getting under 50 which is under half what I normally get. Its been this way on every mission that has been up today.

(i don`t have any permission to poke admin or chat msg on your ts..sry)

This is why we have a Help Desk channel! If you need an admin you simply join that channel ;)

Will take a look at the mission later today when I get time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3236491']...Help Desk channel! ...

I thought this channel was for noobs: "How to repair DCS?",... "How to kill Su27?", "How to avoid ET`s?", "How to escape from Flankers?" ...etc. :D

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Seems to be all fixed up now

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Seems to be all fixed up now

I retract this statement...the server has crashed 4-5 times in a row now, unbearable lag and warping, etc. etc.

Now the mission running (the one with the snow) gives a max of ~25 FPS right from the reboot and is getting progressively worse.

Just wanted to update here so people don't get their hopes up.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Just a heads up guys. The Su33 and MiGs on the Fire Shield mission have ER and ET. People tend to abuse it once they see that they can get those weapons there and not from the airfields. Can we just remove the carriers since we cannot restrict weapons on them? If you want to keep the ER and ET on those aircraft that is fine, but I would suggest you give the 27 the same weapons.

Just a heads up guys. The Su33 and MiGs on the Fire Shield mission have ER and ET. People tend to abuse it once they see that they can get those weapons there and not from the airfields. Can we just remove the carriers since we cannot restrict weapons on them? If you want to keep the ER and ET on those aircraft that is fine, but I would suggest you give the 27 the same weapons.

+1 to just removing the carriers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22