REQUEST:Weapon Release Tone

Shrike88

Greetings. This has been bothering me for a long time. Can we please add soon to development the missing weapon release tone on deployment. It's an amazing feature in the Harrier that I didn't thing should be too hard to implimented as it uses some already implimented systems in our harrier and is still missing.

It's very prominent on several YouTube videos on practice runs and is clearly heard.

This would greatly increase situational awareness when deploying ordinance, and for those that dont want to utilize this feature it can be turned off in the

Weapons Stores page on the MCPD

----------

Tone Option Pushbutton.

Actuating the tone option pushbutton boxes the

TONE legend and enables the COMM 1 and 2

ARC-182 receiver-transmitter to transmit a

weapon release tone at weapon release (on

selected channel(s)

2.3.9 Release Tone. At weapon release both

radios transmit a 1020 Hz tone for 250 millisec-

onds. This release signal is heard as a sidetone in

the pilot’s headset. Release tone volume depends

on the AUX volume setting on the ACNIP. The

pilot can disable tone transmission by deselect-

ing the TONE option on the DDI stores display.

Tone selection is indicated by the boxed TONE

legend. Tone transmission (if selected) is also

disabled if EMCON is selected on the UFC. The

TONE legend on the DDI remains boxed and the

tone is automatically re-enabled with EMCON

deselection.

_20190712_123105.JPG.aafa162a79dc0d0ba54f02f0759b6b65.JPG

2127296256_Screenshot_20190712-1224012.png.52c2b743224868b0ca8e1a7722a774de.png

+1 if we could have this.

And the cherry on top, if it could tie into SimpleRadio so we can hear it over multiplayer comms.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

+1 if we could have this.

And the cherry on top, if it could tie into SimpleRadio so we can hear it over multiplayer comms.

Would that be realistic? Is it TX'ed over radio? Seems like it would be a bad idea to do that for many reasons.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This is an internal sound in cockpit only? Audio I am reading in the manual is generated by the arc182 and transmitted to the pilot through their own helmet /spkr only for audio alert to notify of store release. I

Edited by Shrike88

Would that be realistic? Is it TX'ed over radio? Seems like it would be a bad idea to do that for many reasons.
As far as I've read ("Joint Force Harrier" or "Nightmare's Prayer") it is indeed transmitted over the radio, so the wingman/lead does know his partner has released.

Can't say exactly if this was mentioned in "Joint Force Harrier" and may be specific to the british Harriers, but I doubt they won't use it the same in the Marines, as it is a cool way to ensure your partner does know there's a bomb in the air...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

As far as I've read ("Joint Force Harrier" or "Nightmare's Prayer") it is indeed transmitted over the radio, so the wingman/lead does know his partner has released.

Can't say exactly if this was mentioned in "Joint Force Harrier" and may be specific to the british Harriers, but I doubt they won't use it the same in the Marines, as it is a cool way to ensure your partner does know there's a bomb in the air...

Ah ok nice find ! Ill settle for an audio queue on each client PC for now just to get it in the module.

Edited by Shrike88

Well, I guess there are reasons to do it too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 months later...

Definitely want to see this. Based on training documents I’ve seen, tone is a required part of the fence in check.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

At this stage i’d Be happy if they just fixed the CCIP piper for high drag bombs

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg