T50CM Throttle is awesomeness

Johnny Dioxin

Well this topic has wandered quite a way from it's subject, but I'd like to get it back on track by saying that I am thoroughly enjoying my CM throttle and the more I get used to it's large array of inputs, the more I enjoy it.

Especially now that I have it mounted in the ideal position for comfort as well.

There are a couple of minor things that disturb me when using the CM2 stick, but I can live with them- and this thread is about the throttle, anyway, so...

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Can't wait. That's exactly the reason why i ordered it, for VR i need buttons, buttons, buttons and switches, switches, switches...

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah there are more buttons on here than the memory in your head can handle. So far besides the sensor they took out in the throttle handles, the only thing I can see where they went more cheap on is the scroll wheel on the front. I have version 1 and I like it better than the replacement they went with on v3. It's seems and feels cheap.

Perhaps I missed it, but just for sake of clarity, can someone detail the differences between the three or four throttle releases? (Is the latest one with the mini-stick and the redone handles, Version 3 or 4?)

There are 3 versions technically speaking. There is V1, the. V2 was really just v1 with some 4 way hats that became 4 way hats + push. Not much change really. The. There is v3 which is the one with the mini stick

Perhaps I missed it, but just for sake of clarity, can someone detail the differences between the three or four throttle releases? (Is the latest one with the mini-stick and the redone handles, Version 3 or 4?)

I ran across this video the other day, and he talks about some of the distinction differences between the v1/v2/v3 at 0:45. I don't believe he's trying to describe *all* the differences though; I think there's some other differences that he didn't cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf1vU2m2z_0

So far I'm loving the throttle overall. I am not really missing the throttle detents that much although it would be nice to have them just in case I wanted to use them. I use my TM throttle for the keys that have burners anyways and soon to be WinWing hotas. I love how the v3's ergonomics are. It just feels nice on the hand. The amount of buttons are stupendous. Every fingertip on my left hand has an assortment of buttons. The mini stick is definitely nice to have. Good job virpil.

V1 - has detents - has throttle lock detect - 1 x 8 way hat switch + push, 2 x 4 way hat switches (that can also do diagonals) https://virpil.com/images/2018/02/06/MT-50Final_01.jpg

V2 - has detents - has throttle lock detect - 1 x 8 way hat switch + push, 3 x 4 way hat switches + push (not sure if they do diagonals) https://i.imgur.com/UkxpZAM.jpg

V3 - no detents - no throttle lock detect - 1 x 8 way hat switch + push, 3 x 4 way +push + analog joystick, throttle grips re-designed, new toggle switch added to left throttle, 2 way switch changed for 4 way + push, rotary encoder has been added around pyramid hat switch, there is also a two way on the left throttle https://i.redd.it/c8ytj3558dx21.png

Most of the updates were on the throttle handles themselves the lower assembly button layout is the same.

Best pics I could find of them currently

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

My replacement switch arrived today - to my surprise it's a simple plug-in job, so when I do it, I'll make a short video for YouTube to help anyone without experience to see how simple it is.

I had thought I would be soldering (I'm a qualified radio tech, so no worries there), but this is good news for others with the switch broken in transit.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 2 weeks later...

Must say, I'm a bit disappointed about my throttle desk mount. I thought that with me having not ordered it on a restock day, it would go fairly quickly, but still wasn't expecting it any sooner than the two weeks that have been the case for my previous orders (all on restock days).

Nearly 2 weeks since purchased and paid and no despatch email. Although I've made my own support, I decided to get the Virpil mount for ease of moving the throttle out of the way, as I do the stick, but as long as I'm still using my own fittings, the throttle is constantly in the way, so its a bit more frustrating than it otherwise would be.

Kneeboard Guides

Hmmm that lever on the side looks super-handy for the Harrier..

Stop tempting me, I am waiting for the VKB so I can plug it into my existing black-box and save a USB!

Edit: no need to worry - looks like I can't even buy one if I wanted to anyway lol.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really? I haven't configured anything and mines a 4-way plus push and not PoV at all. That's how it is off the bat. Buttons 13 (push) to 17.

if you push diagonally does it activate two button in the VPC software ?

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Got a copy/paste response from Virpil regarding my order and it being 2 weeks and nothing happening, which gives me zero help and makes this the last order I'll be making.

I'll keep my current pedals.

Never known such poor business practices, especially for expensive, top-end gear. Had to chase them up last time, as well.

Kneeboard Guides