unable to use canopy

wivsteve

Hi

Have been trying to fly the spit but have a problem as the canopy appears lying on the ground

next to the aircraft. While this does not stop me from flying it is very noisy and I cannot do the training or really use the aircraft. I have tried redownloading etc and have the latest version of DCS 2.5.5. all to no avail. when I start there is always a load bang and the canopy is no longer on the aircraft. Lctrl c has no effect.

Any suggestions please

• ED Team
Hi

Have been trying to fly the spit but have a problem as the canopy appears lying on the ground

next to the aircraft. While this does not stop me from flying it is very noisy and I cannot do the training or really use the aircraft. I have tried redownloading etc and have the latest version of DCS 2.5.5. all to no avail. when I start there is always a load bang and the canopy is no longer on the aircraft. Lctrl c has no effect.

Any suggestions please

Hi wivsteve,

welcome to the forum,

after your flight during the debrief screen you can save a track replay.

you can then attach that replay here and we will be happy to take a look to see if we can reproduce the issue or give you some tips.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Hi

Problem solved a button was bound on my Saitek x55 throttle to Jettison Canopy

I have no recollection of ever doing that.:(:(:(:(

Thanks for all your replies

Thank you for letting us know.

Enjoy :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is what i do when i bought new plane in DCS.

I go to control settings i am wiping out every bindings assigned to mu rudder and hotas im leaving keyboard bindings alone both axis and key page.

Then i start assigning buttons and axis.

I found that default bindings are worth very little specially axis it always binds single thing like pitch to all my stuff rudder throttle and stick has pitch assigned by default.

This is always my first step wipe all default controls except for keyboard those im leaving alone

• Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor