Unable to configure weapons in ME created mission

Pilou

Hello,

When I create a mission with an A-10C in the mission editor, I can't load the weapon configuration from the DTS. The stations remain red with invalid configuration after the load ALL (or load DSMS). This is the case whether I configure a loadout in the mission editor or leave it empty and ask the ground crew for rearming.

It is also not possible to manual configure the loadout. Certain options are missing from the inventory page. For instance, with AGM-65s on pylon 3 or 9 the option to configure the appropriate rack is missing.

Strangely if I place the master arm switch to training, the stations have the right loadout configured (but profiles are still missing).

How to reproduce:

- DCS openbate (latest but the same thing happened with the previous version)

- Create an empty mission on Caucas map with an A-10C at Kobuleti

- Select a loadout

- Fly the mission (or prepare the mission)

- Load the DTS

- go to DSMS page and set to ARM

What am I missing?

The culprit is most certainly "Prepare Mission".

When that feature is used on a mission, DCS saves a lot of settings into the mission file.

Open your mission file with WinRar or WinZip or 7zip or whatever; the .miz is really just a zip archive.

You will most certainly find a bunch of folders named after various aircraft systems.

Delete all folders except "l10n" ("localization") from the zip archive, load the mission again and it'll work.

I've heard of cases where the same problem occurred, but players swear they never used "Prepare Mission" on that mission file. The fix is the same, remove all those folders from the mission file and you're good to go.

To avoid the problem altogether, don't use "Prepare Mission" at all. (Maybe it would work when the loadout is entirely empty, not sure).

Either that, or players have to rearm the exact same loadout that was used during mission creation; I think at least in that case a DSMS Reload should work.

Hi, A .trk file would help, but I am going to presume you are doing a cold start. with the A-10, if you don't set a load out at mission start, or change the load out, before you load the DTS, the plane wont recognize the weapons, and they will be red. so go to the INV or inventory page and tell the airplane what weapon are on which pylon. then it should work.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, A .trk file would help, but I am going to presume you are doing a cold start. with the A-10, if you don't set a load out at mission start, or change the load out, before you load the DTS, the plane wont recognize the weapons, and they will be red. so go to the INV or inventory page and tell the airplane what weapon are on which pylon. then it should work.

OP clearly stated that the loadout is set in ME

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

• ED Team
Hello,

When I create a mission with an A-10C in the mission editor, I can't load the weapon configuration from the DTS. The stations remain red with invalid configuration after the load ALL (or load DSMS). This is the case whether I configure a loadout in the mission editor or leave it empty and ask the ground crew for rearming.

It is also not possible to manual configure the loadout. Certain options are missing from the inventory page. For instance, with AGM-65s on pylon 3 or 9 the option to configure the appropriate rack is missing.

Strangely if I place the master arm switch to training, the stations have the right loadout configured (but profiles are still missing).

How to reproduce:

- DCS openbate (latest but the same thing happened with the previous version)

- Create an empty mission on Caucas map with an A-10C at Kobuleti

- Select a loadout

- Fly the mission (or prepare the mission)

- Load the DTS

- go to DSMS page and set to ARM

What am I missing?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you repeat the problem and when you exit the mission during the debrief window save the track replay and attach it here.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If its a cold start remember you have , as part of the startup' to LOAD the mission details using the LOAD MFD page (Use the load ALL mfd button on the LOAD mfd page.. that will load everything including weapons config and Flight plan from the mission file ). You also have to do this is you land and rearm/refuel during a mission. If the LOAD MFD page is not assigned to a menu button you can reconfigure the buttons to show it. It works for me every time. I see you imply that you did indeed use the LOAD page, if so I'm puzzled why it isn't working.

Edited by Silversmith

Thats interesting.. just tried one of my old missions which has always worked fine.... Now it DOES NOT LOAD THE WEAPONS CONFIG wht first time I do a LOAD ALL from the DTS LOAD page. (Open Beta latest release). However if I REPEAT the DTS Load (have to reconfig the MFD buttons to give access to the LOAD MFD page again) the 2nd time I LOAD ALL it works correctly.

There are some issues that arise when the date of the mission is set prior to a certain date.... Possible that is the conflict?

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I did more tests based on the suggestions. I created the mission from scratch another time making sure not to do a PREPARE MISSION. I could get the loadout properly configured, rearm with a different one and all worked fine.

I rechecked my previous test mission and it was still broken. So I took the working one and did a PREPARE MISSION... loadout configuration fails too. So it seems to be related to the PREPARE MISSION.

I think I'm good for now. I will check if deleting the directories of the 'prepared' mission works too as soon as I have time. Is the track file still useful?

The tests were done on the latest open beta update today. I initially run into the problem with an older mission in which I added an A10-C (it is possible I accidently did a PREPARE MISSION on this one too).

I have attached the mission files:

A10-C training mission: initial attempt - NOT WORKING

A10-C test: redone from scratch: OK

A10-C test - prepare: previous file with a prepare mission step - NOT WORKING

Thank you all for the support.

A-10C training.miz

A-10C test.miz

A-10C test - prepare.miz

Edited by Pilou

I think I'm good for now. I will check if deleting the directories of the 'prepared' mission works too as soon as I have time.

Glad it's working now. :)

If you just look at the file size of the missions, it's a good indicator (2 of them are about 27 KB, the one that is actually working for you is only about 7 KB).

I think if you delete just the DSMS folder in the other mission files, rearming should work again.

You can simply rename a mission file to "whatever.miz.zip" so that your favorite zip tool recognizes it as a zip file. Once opened in a zip tool, you can delete the superflouos folders. Afterwards, rename it back to "whatever.miz" so that DCS recognizes it as a proper mission file, and that should do the trick. :thumbup: