[REPORTED]Oil Pressure warming up issues

ShadowFrost

After 10 minutes of idling at 1000 rpm oil pressure/temp show minimal difference. Here is an example with the oil cooler shutters open, but with oil cooler closed results are no different.

Cold start mission.

Then appears to magically be within limits after a unknown amount of time passes. The gauges on an R1340 and R-985 don't work like that. 

I imagine its just EA issues, nonetheless, still posted.

Edit- Does it have something to do with intercooler? I didn't see anything in startup checklist but I will test as well.

Edit2- Tested that as well, it seems around the magic 10 minute mark for a 1000 rpm warmup oil pressure goes to where it should be. I can't say for how long it should take a P-47 to warm up (one imagines not this long) but the instant transition is wrong in my experience.

https://streamable.com/fod4mn

And a streamable for easier review.

oilpressure.trk

oilpressure2.trk

Edited by ShadowFrost

• 4 weeks later...

The same issue. Tried today 4 times to start up and I cannot get oil pressure to normal operation in 3-5 minutes. Did exactly as instructions says, but no joy.

I think, there seems to be some kind of bug, as it stayed long time between 140-150 psi (used time forwarding), then it started to decrease a bit and then suddenly went up to 180-190 psi and magically dropped from there to 90-100 psi. Weird behavior!

Intel Core i7 9700k, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, 2 x 16GB HyperX DDR4 Fury, RTX 2080Ti, Corsair PSU RM750, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + SSD 860 EVO (DCS), NZXT CPU cooler Kraken X62, Fractal Design R6 black.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster F-18 HOTAS, RealSimulator FSDB-R3 Lighting, Sim Gears F-16 ICP LT, 3x Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR5, VoiceAttack+Vaicom PRO, DCS UFC app in Samsung 10" tablet.

I find mine warms up in about 3 min consistently. Other than close the oil coolers the only thing that I do differently is your Turbo boost leaver is fully forward and I keep mine fully back as the manual warns you not to let it get ahead of the throttle.

Now THAT's something I'd like to see on a track, as you seem to be the first person on this forum to make that claim :D.

Not saying it can't happen, but we're trying to figure out what mission and control conditons are needed to make oil presssure and temps behave as expected.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

same issues. Engine damage mdel not implemented yet, so I guess the gauges are lite placeholders at the moment.

Even with oil cooler doors fully closed, oil temp remains at close to zero and pressure stays high. after several minutes, the oil pressure gauge will snap down to the green zone like flicking a switch and then thereafter you do get a small amount of control over the oil temperature, although the effect is pretty instantaneous with the position of the cooler door, not a steady rise or fall.

Likewise the cowl flaps do not work at cooling the engine as they should, just partially.

At the moment, I go through the motions, just to get the habit of checking the gauges and making adjustments, but do not allow the readings to affect my in mission decisions.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 2 weeks later...

The oil pressure gauge is bugged. It is increasing pressure instead of decreasing slowly. The devs need to make a sign change in the code. The P-51 has the correct behavior. I think the switch to green pressure was a quick workaround.

Figured out the problem after switching to the P-51 after trying out the P-47. The P-47 is too early in the EA for my taste.

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad that other people have also noticed these sudden changes in the oil indicator.I noticed that the indicator remained very high and then suddenly went into place in the area considered normal.Afterwards after about half an hour of flight but also more 'the pressure value went up a lot, I thought it was connected to the fact that I was going down very quickly and the engine had dropped sharply abruptly. Suddenly the value went back to normal but I can't understand why.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

• 6 months later...

I never had any issue with the oil until I went on multiplayer. Some maps or missions, not sure which one, give's me issues with warming the oil up. We usually fly Normandy and on 9 out of 10 servers my oil warms up as should, but on 1 server nothing happens. Even if I close the oil cooler door, I let it run for 20 minutes nothing happened. Then on the runway had it running on 24MP for 5 minutes straight.....nothing. But the strange thing is, the plane seems to behave like a cold one, I can barely lift off or climb, it won't reach 150MPH. Then, disconnect, login other server, start up.... everything's working like charm. Anyone idea's? 

• 1 month later...

I fly P-47 a lot, i don't see any issue with oil temp, only anomaly which i noticed was oil pressure, but it was long time ago.

Now on my end everything looks good.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

8 hours ago, Decibel dB said:

I've been flying since 2.7 and bring some new friend with me that are new with the P47 all have engines that are dying on the takeoff roll, it seem to be random. We where on a multiplayer server

No proper warm up i would guess, keeping rpm too low, not warming up oil. I wait for +40 oil temp before take off, while keeping engine running above 1000rpm on ground. 

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor