IFR & VFR Real Charts

JorgeIII

Compiled by Alfredo -117-, real life pilot, for our squadron, BOE -117-.

This charts definitely deserves to be shared :thumbup:.

In english and with QNH & QFE altitudes.

Note: the original attached charts were deleted to prevet copyright issues. There is a new link with free ones.

Untitled3_zps095312f4.png

Untitled2_zpsc3308fcf.png

Contains the charts for the following airports:

• Sochi
  • Batumi
  • Tbilisi
  • Nalchik
  • Mineralye Vody
  • Krasnodar
  • Anapa
  • Gelendzhik

Notice that not all airports in DCS have ILS/TACAN stations as in real life.

Airports Data for DCS World:

INDEX_zpse89e1147.jpg

28-01-13: Visual aproach charts (great VFR but not IFR): http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index....t=37&file=1214

28-01-13: Atached IFR Chart for Batumi, adapted for DCS-World Magnetic declination (or error :music_whistling:).

29-01-13: Link for free russian AirPorts charts, link provided by Bad CRC (complete: Routes, VRF & IFR): http://aviadocs.net/aip/html/eng.htm

(Charts under AIP. ..../ AP PartIII/ AD 2/ AD 2.1.). Note: dosent include Georgian Airports.

29-01-13: Template for ME with real navigation waypoints for DCS: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/38356/

05-02-13: Mod by Ebs to add TACAN stations / ILS for some airports: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1667492

05-02-13: Mission for IFR aproach @ Batumi with step by step instructions: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1669588#post1669588

IFR Batumi.pdf

Edited by JorgeIII
  • Like 2

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Jorge: I'm working on an IFR tutorial for my youtube channel. The issue I've come across is that the real life charts (I love the jepp charts, but I end up using the FAA charts for everything since they're free) don't match to the navaids in DCS. TACANs being on the top of the airfield and so on, for instance. Did you guys make "DCS adjusted" charts or is this just the actual IFR LO and TPP for the region?

Would like to see the finished tutorial Headspace.

Charts are not adjusted.

As far as we tested as long as you choose an airport in DCS with TACAN and ILS, charts will work OK.

For IFR, specially for final you have to correct the heading by 4 to 6 degrees to make it perfect. I suposse the difference in magnetic bearing is because the static magnetic deviation in DCS world and the one in the charts dated on 2006, I will ask one of our RL pilots. Actually I dont know if bearings and radials in aeronautical charts are real or magnetic.

Example: Batumi bearing for RW 13: Charts 126 degrees, DCS world 120 degrees.

AFAIK Tacan beacons in DCS are on the side of the runways, and work OK.

Turning bank angle for A-10C on basic should be approximately 15 to 20 degrees.

We have a few custom made charts made for instrucción (by Alfredo):

Vazianitacan1_zps290d3ac4.jpg

VazianiILS13_zps1830532a.jpg

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Charts are not adjusted.

As far as we tested as long as you choose an airport in DCS with TACAN and ILS, charts will work OK.

For IFR, specially for final you have to correct the heading by 4 to 6 degrees to make it perfect. I suposse the difference in magnetic bearing is because the static magnetic deviation in DCS world and the one in the charts dated on 2006, I will ask one of our RL pilots. Actually I dont know if bearings and radials in aeronautical charts are real or magnetic.

You probably mean magnetic variation--the magnetic pole being offset from the true pole. Deviation is caused by devices in the aircraft (and in the case of military aircraft, ferrous materials such as armor plating, weapons, and so forth) affecting the magnetic field.

Bearings and radials in aeronautical charts are magnetic. For navaid radials, the bearings may sometimes be offset from the current variation due to when the navaid was set. The chart will indicate correct bearing.

For a latitude as far south as Georgia, the variation is not going to change by six degrees in just six years. The ILS localizers in DCS are just not aligned with their real-world counterparts, or something else is going on.

FWIW I have an instrument rating in real life as well. I haven't gotten deeply involved in the DCS ILS system until recently, so someone like BlueRidgeDx may have a much better answer for you.

Thanks. It's always tricky doing them since there's always a few people who will jump on any tiny error in a very complex subject matter after you make it. But my main goal is to show that a complex game like DCS can be made accessible to the average person, and also that it's capable of modeling some very interesting real-world stuff.

I'd be careful distributing those Jepp charts boys. Your friends airline might get a nasty email from Jeppesen. Having a Jepp subscription is not a license to share them on the Internet, expired or not. It's all copyright.

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Actually you're right Kaiza.

I even uploaded the current 2013 charts and not the old ones from 2006 you can see in the first post pics.

Deleting de link. If someone has any question, send me a PM.

PS: Outdated aeronautical charts have no commercial use.

Edited by JorgeIII

i downloaded the DCS MANAGER app for my pad, and i have all the charts and runway layuouts as well. Which is awesome because i have no damn idea where i start on a massive airport and have no clue where to taxi to runway lol. It helps. I also personally adjusted the headings on the printout of the table frequencies to make sure my course knob is set right.

And....how does the fear of being potentialy cought by the licencepolice feel?

Just breathe, it can just as well be a promotional item to get Jeppesen more attention andmore customers...

Its how you look at it + we dont have something called like FBI in my part of the world. ^^

The 'fear' emotion runs deeper in society than you think. You could say certain individuals did their job well on their implementation. Start with Yoda's teachings.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

You probably mean magnetic variation--the magnetic pole being offset from the true pole. Deviation is caused by devices in the aircraft (and in the case of military aircraft, ferrous materials such as armor plating, weapons, and so forth) affecting the magnetic field.

Bearings and radials in aeronautical charts are magnetic. For navaid radials, the bearings may sometimes be offset from the current variation due to when the navaid was set. The chart will indicate correct bearing.

For a latitude as far south as Georgia, the variation is not going to change by six degrees in just six years. The ILS localizers in DCS are just not aligned with their real-world counterparts, or something else is going on.

FWIW I have an instrument rating in real life as well. I haven't gotten deeply involved in the DCS ILS system until recently, so someone like BlueRidgeDx may have a much better answer for you.

Thanks. It's always tricky doing them since there's always a few people who will jump on any tiny error in a very complex subject matter after you make it. But my main goal is to show that a complex game like DCS can be made accessible to the average person, and also that it's capable of modeling some very interesting real-world stuff.

Yes what I ment was magnetic declination / variation, made a bad translation. I like sailing and have done it in many seas so I'm used to reading nautical charts, even in the GPS era. Love the old school, using the pínula, the compass and other map tools. AFAIK declination deppends on magnetic north and many other factors, like magma composition and flow below you, etc. Nautical charts gives you real bearing & the magnetic declination for a specific year and how to correct it over time.

Well, the fact is that magnetic North in DCS Black Sea Map is different for a few degrees from real north and from real aeronautical charts with magnetic bearings.

Maybe you can compile and share the free charts you have for those who doesent have the Jeppessen?

If they are easy to edit I can correct the courses and adapat the IFR ones for DCS. I will be a great tool for the sim.

This template with real naviagtion waypoints for DCS might be of your interest:

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/38356/

Edited by JorgeIII

And....how does the fear of being potentialy cought by the licencepolice feel?

No fear, just doing what's right :thumbup:.

And hopping more simmers get interested in IFR.

Edited by JorgeIII

Yes,that what I found when I did a search, nothing free for the Black Sea region.

I will think of something to share with DCS pilots.

FYI - There's an app for the PC, iPad and Android called SimPlates that has approach charts for over 70,000 airports around the world. Costs $25 bucks and allows you to download the plates you want so there wouldn't be any licensing issues to worry about

Those are known and excellent. I have de visual aproach ones printed. But they are groung charts of the airports and visual aproach charts (VFR = visual flight rules). Not for IFR (= instrumental flight rules).

Highly recommended.

From the charts I originaly posted only Batumi is usable, the other airports dont have TACAN in DCS (although some more do have only ILS) and thus are not suitable for full real IRL. I will edit the charts for Batumi, adapt them for DCS map magnetic declination and post them here.

Edited by JorgeIII

OK. BATUMI IFR chart adapted for DCS-World.

IFRBatumi_zpsd54add0f.jpg

(link for the high resolution PDF on the first post of this thread)

Edited by JorgeIII

Guys,

Unnecessary risk taking to post Jepp charts.

Use the official ones here: http://aviadocs.net/aip/html/eng.htm

Russian Airports, SID and STARS free and up to date. If someone got the same for the georgian authorities, please share.

NDB approaches are working great with DCS BS2 (assuming you have the correct ARK.lua file).

Note for Gelendzhik that today's runway is a 01/19 where DCS is having the old runway 04/22.

• Like 1

The problem is that in DCS, the ILS isn't coupled to a DME--the TACAN is the source of the DME signal. So you would need a different approach.

These approaches look pretty weird to me. I guess they're indicative of the type of approach one can expect in the region, but stuff in the continental USA isn't structured anything like those. Usually the missed approach point involves a holding pattern that can be flown while other aircraft are using the approach. In the case of the one I'm looking at from Bad CRC's link (Sochi) it seems like there is no MAP, and instead, you literally circle around for another shot at the ILS.

Edited by Headspace