Please add TDC Slew axis

Headwarp

Don't get me wrong I'm not upset. Just please add this even if slightly unrealistic, I kind of need the slew nub not to be useless to make the most of my WH Throttle.

Hope this is planned.

I'm stoked to be sitting in a virtual Hornet. I'm quite excited. For me slew nub for TDC is must have.

Apologies if this belongs in the bugs and problems thread.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Yeah I'm using the Coolie hat (proper designation for the hat you're refering to, not to sound snobby or anything).

I'd rather be using the coolie hat for radar elevation since I don't have a rotary on the throttle like the f/a-18c does, as well as for the buttons on the front of the throttle. Hopefully it's just a matter of them programming in axis controls for the TDC. See no reason why they won't be able to, as there are TDC Mouse assignments.

. Not too big a deal. I've managed to get around it by putting what should be throttle grip assignments on one of the extra hat switches on the stick, but, it feels wrong lol. I usually match the HOTAS diagrams in the manual as closely as I possibly can. There is really nothing else the Slew Axis is useful for on the WH Throttle IMO, because of its nature to return to center. I'm not even asking for the team to set up a saturation/curve/deadzone profile for it. I can do that much. Just the ability to assign it like every other aircraft with some kind of camera/target designator allows for.

I also don't really agree with this thread moving to wishlist rather than bugs and problems, but please don't take that as me attempting to give anyone a hard time. Slew nubs make more sense to me than using my mouse for the task. :) I see this as more as an oversight, no offense. I know you guys have been busy today, I'm not trying to be harsh. Also not going to be upset if this is where this stays.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I’m using the T1600 throttle. No extra hat switches for me right now, so I’m forced to use the keyboard. There really needs to be an axis assigned since the T1600 “mini stick” is pretty much right where the TDC is on the real unit. Kind of surprised this isn’t an option straight away, but I’m sure it’ll be added as the module gets flushed out.

I’m using the T1600 throttle. No extra hat switches for me right now, so I’m forced to use the keyboard. There really needs to be an axis assigned since the T1600 “mini stick” is pretty much right where the TDC is on the real unit. Kind of surprised this isn’t an option straight away, but I’m sure it’ll be added as the module gets flushed out.

I'm confident it will be added at some point. Just kind of feels like a no brainer since you can use it with any other aircraft with similar functions. As well as the Warthog being such a popular choice for this community.

Not trying to rain on anybody's parade today with the release of such an iconic aircraft. FWIW i only managed about 2 hours of sleep last night, and am squealing with glee sitting in this virtual cockpit. The excitement is real. Just wanted to also add - thank you guys for the 3 position switch functionality off the getgo. This plane is amazing.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Hello Midnightzulu

I have plans to get the T1600 throttle for the FA-18C. So I will be glad if you can fill me in on whether it sit very well with the Hornet throttle configuration. I thought looking at the RL Hornet throttle, the T1600 throttle would be very close to matching it.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I will be making one for the Hornet drivers out there with the X55 throttle mouse nipple.

My previous TDC axis profile for x55 throttle mouse nipple will work on F/A-18C

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3288785/

I will try to get something working for you A-10C HOTAS and T1600 HOTAS users.

Just a bit hard to program the software without the hardware so I am not making any promises, other than that I will attempt to create profiles for you guys using the respective software for profile creation for each Device

Hello Midnightzulu

I have plans to get the T1600 throttle for the FA-18C. So I will be glad if you can fill me in on whether it sit very well with the Hornet throttle configuration. I thought looking at the RL Hornet throttle, the T1600 throttle would be very close to matching it.

Hi Eaglewings,

Looks to me like the T1600 throttle was designed after the F/A-18 quadrant with a few limitations/differences:

1. The unit is a single throttle setup. No issues flying twins with it so far though.

2. No detents for idle/cutoff or afterburner

3. On the far left there is a dial axis that is not there on the real unit. I use this as a radar elevation control. There is no external light switch there as in the real thing.

4. There is a rocker switch where the radar elevation dial is on the real aircraft. This is better used as a speedbrake or for other functions imo.

5. The three switches on the right side of the throttle are all 8 way hats. This actually gives you more potential functions than the real unit. In reality, I think they are essentially 4 way hats as the diagonals are quite hard to hit.

Overall I'm happy with the throttle. It is a budget option and is therefore quite lightweight with cheaper plastics. In no way a dealbreaker for me. Some have commented that it can be sticky, making small adjustments difficult. This was the case for me at first, but there is a tension screw at the bottom that can be adjusted. Loosening it a bit did the trick for me. I got the bundle with the T1600 stick as well. I do find the stick a bit lacking with only one hat (trim) and no other multi function switches. I'm planning on taking a look at the TM Hornet stick when it is released or just purchasing the warthog stick only at some point in the future.

Radar cursor slew axis

There is a radar tdc axis setting in options but it says "mouse" and i can not asign my mini stick

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

There is a radar tdc axis setting in options but it says "mouse" and i can not asign my mini stick

Same here

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

Hi Eaglewings,

Looks to me like the T1600 throttle was designed after the F/A-18 quadrant with a few limitations/differences:

1. The unit is a single throttle setup. No issues flying twins with it so far though.

2. No detents for idle/cutoff or afterburner

3. On the far left there is a dial axis that is not there on the real unit. I use this as a radar elevation control. There is no external light switch there as in the real thing.

4. There is a rocker switch where the radar elevation dial is on the real aircraft. This is better used as a speedbrake or for other functions imo.

5. The three switches on the right side of the throttle are all 8 way hats. This actually gives you more potential functions than the real unit. In reality, I think they are essentially 4 way hats as the diagonals are quite hard to hit.

Overall I'm happy with the throttle. It is a budget option and is therefore quite lightweight with cheaper plastics. In no way a dealbreaker for me. Some have commented that it can be sticky, making small adjustments difficult. This was the case for me at first, but there is a tension screw at the bottom that can be adjusted. Loosening it a bit did the trick for me. I got the bundle with the T1600 stick as well. I do find the stick a bit lacking with only one hat (trim) and no other multi function switches. I'm planning on taking a look at the TM Hornet stick when it is released or just purchasing the warthog stick only at some point in the future.

Thanks Midnightzulu.

That was a very informative review.

We seemed to be thinking along the same line on the combination. Plan is to pair the T1600 throttle with the warthog flight stick too. Also considering pairing the T1600 throttle with CH flightstick pro.

I think the T1600 stick was designed with space simmers in mind.

Please how about the mini analog stick. I am certain this would be used for slewing the cursor on the HUD and ddi.

I hope the FA-18 stick from thrustmaster isn't too pricey. Looking at it closely, it has few hat switches compared to the warthog flight stick. If I were to switch from the FA-18C to A-10C, I will be very limited with the fa-18 stick. Would definitely benefit more to have the warthog flightstick and use the extra buttons for other functions on the FA-18C

I very much appreciate your recommendation. Cheers

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

The TDC is the problem right now. No way to bind it to the mini stick that I can see. No issues doing this with other aircraft so I’m really hoping it’s just an oversight by the developers which will be fixed soon. I have no plans to learn the A-10 so the stick isn’t an issue, but if you wanted to swap between aircraft I imagine the warthog would give you more flexibility.

This is an early access and it will be added soon. The team had higher priorities to achieve a May release.
Great....better..as we have basic training before using TDC

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The TDC is the problem right now. No way to bind it to the mini stick that I can see. No issues doing this with other aircraft so I’m really hoping it’s just an oversight by the developers which will be fixed soon. I have no plans to learn the A-10 so the stick isn’t an issue, but if you wanted to swap between aircraft I imagine the warthog would give you more flexibility.

I'm fairly certain they overlooked or plan to add in the future. "Oops we accidentally added the code for mouse TDC usage" or something hehe.

*edit* Wags himself has spoken on this topic - we'll be able to use it in the future for certain. just a matter of when. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3506178&postcount=5

Rejoice! :)

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

In the controls it says (mouse) in parentheses for tdc slew. I can only guess that this is a place holder.

This is the time to learn the hornet's systems. Don't worry about combat right now.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

This is an early access and it will be added soon. The team had higher priorities to achieve a May release.

Thank you for the reassurance. I'm sure everyone's been working really hard, so it's extra appreciated.

Spoiler

In the meantime you could use the TARGET software to assign the slew buttons ( ; , . / ) to Axmap2 commands. Axis SCX for left/right, and axis SCY for up/down.

I think that might work. I've done this myself but haven't managed to get into using the radar yet.