JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Hi, was on last night and still not getting any tacview - anyone else seeing the problem or is it me ;) I get tacview in standalone mission ok.

Hi Kulla.

Tacview should be on on the main server. The beta has limited bandwidth and the export is off only for this reason.

If you still have problems let me know and I will check it. I have not updated tacview for quite sometime.

Cheers !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Every time I join the Hornet has more fuel in it. I'm tired of this Hornet nerfing on every server

Hi chappingbrillopad1.

No intentional nerfing on the Hornet.

But if it makes you tired, here's some things you could do :

- Let me know what quantity in what area you would like to have and I may change it.

- Burn it up. The afterburner (especially with speed-breaks !!!) will quickly leave you with fumes.

- Land and refuel-rearm.

- Does fuel dumping exist - work ? IDNK.

- Use one of the servers that do not nerf it down !

In all of the above keep a positive attitude. ;)

Cheers !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Kulla.

Tacview should be on on the main server. The beta has limited bandwidth and the export is off only for this reason.

If you still have problems let me know and I will check it. I have not updated tacview for quite sometime.

Cheers !

Many thanks Flighter ... perhaps I'm on the beta and just not realising it! I'll check next time I'm on.

Hi,

I wanted to ask about one issue: when I enter server it is ok, but when I take place in plane I fly only a few seconds and all game crashes to one fullscreen black monitor (no, no, no it is not bo, or black out :))) ..simple: starting to fly and all off, then I can only get Alt+Tab and throug task manager to kill game process. On other server I dont have any such a problems.

Hey Flighter, would you please consider changing the default loadout of the a10c? I would like to suggest removing the TGP, Fuel at 25%, guns at 40%, remove jammer pod, 180 flare, 120 chaff and add 2 aim9s for a total of 4. Thanks!

Edited by Delta59R

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

Hi,

I wanted to ask about one issue: when I enter server it is ok, but when I take place in plane I fly only a few seconds and all game crashes to one fullscreen black monitor (no, no, no it is not bo, or black out :))) ..simple: starting to fly and all off, then I can only get Alt+Tab and throug task manager to kill game process. On other server I dont have any such a problems.

Hi Antaskas.

I am afraid I do not know what your issue is.

The difference with each server is how many different objects are used the quantity of them and various scripting/macros.

Something in the mission spoils it for you.

Have you got enough system RAM and GPU RAM ? AT the time of your crash, the game pre-loads all objects in memory. Try lowering the "Preload Radius" and the quality of the textures; see if this helps.

If you can, attach the log file in case someone spots something there.

Hope you join us soon !

Cheers

== UPDATE ==

Please see now if all is OK.

There was a server issue, hopefully now resolved.

Many thanks for the help.

Edited by Flighter
UPDATE

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hey Flighter, would you please consider changing the default loadout of the a10c? I would like to suggest removing the TGP, Fuel at 25%, guns at 40%, remove jammer pod, 180 flare, 120 chaff and add 2 aim9s for a total of 4. Thanks!

Hi Delta !

Your requested payload is active on the Main server, and I will have it soon on the OB too.

Let me know any more mods are needed for the A10, as I have barely flown it a couple of times... total stranger to me.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Delta !

Your requested payload is active on the Main server, and I will have it soon on the OB too.

Let me know any more mods are needed for the A10, as I have barely flown it a couple of times... total stranger to me.

Cheers !

Hey Thanks! I'm trying it out now, make sure both are (aim-9m-2), one of the ones loaded is a (aim-9L-2) and for some reason will not work together. Thanks!

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

Hey Thanks! I'm trying it out now, make sure both are (aim-9m-2), one of the ones loaded is a (aim-9L-2) and for some reason will not work together. Thanks!

Hi again

Modified so tail numbers ending with "L" have AIM9-Ls (eg "108L"). Same for "M".

I hope one of the two works.

If you want test and let me know which one to keep (or both).

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi again

Modified so tail numbers ending with "L" have AIM9-Ls (eg "108L"). Same for "M".

I hope one of the two works.

If you want test and let me know which one to keep (or both).

Cheers !

Cool, yeah I tried them out! I would just do the M's, the L's are not working atm for some reason but the M's are perfect. Also could you change the time of year to jan/feb and the temp to -10c? THANKS! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Hi chappingbrillopad1.

No intentional nerfing on the Hornet.

But if it makes you tired, here's some things you could do :

- Let me know what quantity in what area you would like to have and I may change it.

- Burn it up. The afterburner (especially with speed-breaks !!!) will quickly leave you with fumes.

- Land and refuel-rearm.

- Does fuel dumping exist - work ? IDNK.

- Use one of the servers that do not nerf it down !

In all of the above keep a positive attitude. ;)

Cheers !

I think the Hornet is best at 5400lbs of fuel. Right now it's at 6500. That extra 1100lbs of fuel makes a big difference in how much worse the Hornet accelerates.

I think the Hornet is best at 5400lbs of fuel. Right now it's at 6500. That extra 1100lbs of fuel makes a big difference in how much worse the Hornet accelerates.

Hi !

I have modified the fuel of the F18 so it is now at 50% (5400lbs). This is only for the 1vs1 and GUNS areas.

Possible mistakes aside, the intended capacity for all modules and areas are as per attached table.

Also note that this is only on the beta server for now. Will eventually be ported to main.

Cheers !

attachment.php?attachmentid=205429&stc=1&d=1551523237

JDF-FuelOnBoard.png.f218fe7562ce843ebca03ae0ccb9c68c.png

🙂 Smile 🙂

Guest Guest
Hi !

I have modified the fuel of the F18 so it is now at 50% (5400lbs). This is only for the 1vs1 and GUNS areas.

Possible mistakes aside, the intended capacity for all modules and areas are as per attached table.

Also note that this is only on the beta server for now. Will eventually be ported to main.

Cheers !

attachment.php?attachmentid=205429&stc=1&d=1551523237

Awesome, thank you so much. I flew in the Hornet in OB today. Despite the trim issue that's developed since the latest OB update the lower fuel state really makes the Hornet more fun to fly for me.

Hi Flighter,

two quick questions if you don‘t mind.

Is the standby/open beta server already running the dedicated server system?

Could you kindly confirm that the two IP adresses from the very first post of this thread are still valid for the main and standby server?

Somehow I‘m having trouble finding the servers or get an „Server is offline“

message.

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Hi Flighter,

two quick questions if you don‘t mind.

Is the standby/open beta server already running the dedicated server system?

Could you kindly confirm that the two IP adresses from the very first post of this thread are still valid for the main and standby server?

Somehow I‘m having trouble finding the servers or get an „Server is offline“

message.

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Snappy

Hi Snappy !

The IP addresses were correct but not the ports.

I have updated them (thanks for spotting the mistake). For convenience here they are :

DCS v2.5.xx Release : 94.130.23.93:10309

DCS v2.5.xx OpenBeta : 94.70.240.200:15308

Just for my information, does the server browser not show them for you ?

Both servers now run the new system, or to be precise the GUI-less mode of the software.

Please note that a few people have reported disconnections from the main server. I have not been able to pin-point the cause. They started a couple of updates ago.

Please let me know if you also have this issue and if you have any workaround that works for you.

Happy flying !

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Flighter,

thank you very much for your quick reply.Excellent support!

Cool thing that you already implemented the dedicated server.

Regarding your question, no the problem was/is that for me the

just dogfight server doesn't show up in the server list by default.

I have to use "Connect via IP" to access it.

However that is most likely an issue on my end or DCS in general.

In the DCS 2.5 -> bugs-> multplayer forums there is a topic about

rather empty server lists for some users.Seems to have become a bit better

with the new dedicated server system.

Thank you again,

Kind regards,

Snappy

Guest Guest

CAN YOU PLEASE..... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE allow Tacview on Open Beta and while you're at it make sure integrity check is on.

It is probably the most annoying thing in the world to me to get my ass kicked brutally and then not be able to figure out how it happened so I can try to prevent it from happening the next time.

I'm being robbed of the opportunity to figure out what I did wrong and not do it again next time

Edited by Heavy-D69420

Guest Guest

There's some guys that fly in the JDF on OB that are really good. They are suspiciously good. Too good.

These guys there's probably 6-10, somehow can get their fighter jet modules to pull a lot of AOA while throttled back out of after burner during hard maneuvering yet seem to bleed little to no energy. I suspect they have replaced the PFM or 3rd party flight model that comes standard with DCS modules with the AI simple flight model. When I try to do that with the flight model that comes standard in the Hornet I bleed all my energy reserves and get slow. Yet these guys can do it, come around the circle on me, and brutally hand my butt to me in a energy or turn fight.

I also think it's suspicious that the JDF on OB doesn't or at least hasn't in the past had integrity check on and has disallowed the use of Tacview. Not that integrity check would really matter. I think these guys are ahead of the technology that is integrity check. I'll just go out on a limb and say that the JDF admins are possibly enabling this ring of cheaters.

Just as an example I did 2 guns only dogfights with a guy in a mirage 2000 tonight while I was flying the Hornet. The Mirage is supposed to have a lower thrust to weight ratio than the Hornet in any configuration and carry limited fuel which it burns through quickly. This guy in the Mirage 2000 somehow had enough fuel to turn and burn with me for almost 7 minutes, but the thing that doesn't make sense to me is he also had a thrust to weight ratio good enough that he could out perform my clean and light Hornet in every way imaginable. He could also pull crazy amounts of lead when I would transition to the vertical or pull in turns without the energy bleed that is inherent to an aircraft at high AOA. Something seems fishy about that to me. It doesn't add up.

I like your server. It's my favorite. I just have some issues with the one on OB and sometimes I have to fly in it because the JDF on OB is typically more populous, a new module is released, OB and stable are on the same version, or when the JDF on stable isn't up.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

hello guys,

while i was playing few minutes ago, i just got banned !

may i know why?

thanks !

Hi Dlegion !

It was nice chatting with you over TS.

Happy flying !

🙂 Smile 🙂

There's some guys that fly in the JDF on OB that are really good. They are suspiciously good. Too good.

These guys there's probably 6-10, somehow can get their fighter jet modules to pull a lot of AOA while throttled back out of after burner during hard maneuvering yet seem to bleed little to no energy. I suspect they have replaced the PFM or 3rd party flight model that comes standard with DCS modules with the AI simple flight model. When I try to do that with the flight model that comes standard in the Hornet I bleed all my energy reserves and get slow. Yet these guys can do it, come around the circle on me, and brutally hand my butt to me in a energy or turn fight.

I also think it's suspicious that the JDF on OB doesn't or at least hasn't in the past had integrity check on and has disallowed the use of Tacview. Not that integrity check would really matter. I think these guys are ahead of the technology that is integrity check. I'll just go out on a limb and say that the JDF admins are possibly enabling this ring of cheaters.

Just as an example I did 2 guns only dogfights with a guy in a mirage 2000 tonight while I was flying the Hornet. The Mirage is supposed to have a lower thrust to weight ratio than the Hornet in any configuration and carry limited fuel which it burns through quickly. This guy in the Mirage 2000 somehow had enough fuel to turn and burn with me for almost 7 minutes, but the thing that doesn't make sense to me is he also had a thrust to weight ratio good enough that he could out perform my clean and light Hornet in every way imaginable. He could also pull crazy amounts of lead when I would transition to the vertical or pull in turns without the energy bleed that is inherent to an aircraft at high AOA. Something seems fishy about that to me. It doesn't add up.

I like your server. It's my favorite. I just have some issues with the one on OB and sometimes I have to fly in it because the JDF on OB is typically more populous, a new module is released, OB and stable are on the same version, or when the JDF on stable isn't up.

Hi there !

Just to keep it short :

- We HATE CHEATING

- NEVER AGAIN insinuate that we allow or tolerate it.

- The OB server HAD integrity check off because of kegety's VR mod. It is now (unfortunately) on again.

- The data export is off because of limitted bandwidth. The main server that has about 1000 Mbps up/down has all data feeds active.

- Some players are very good indeed. Some take advantage of DCS's flight model inaccuracies (in the worst cases).

- Some players are very good indeed (I will repeat that).

I do understand your concern, but we do not have the time or the inclination to play policeman. We want a fun sever with good, smiling players that respect each other.

Give me a date of interest and I will upload all your Tacview logs so you can check what was happening.

Cheers !!!

🙂 Smile 🙂

Great server. Can you remove the phoenix launch rails from the F-14s in the 1v1 slots. They add a lot of extra weight to the aircraft that isn't needed. Thanks.

Done !

Thanks for the tip.

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hello,

I like this server, but it is always crashing and giving black screens to ppl. Why is that?

Hi !

Can you please tell me the following :

- Are you connecting to the open beta or the stable release ?

- What name do you connect with ?

- When was the last time that you saw the server crashing (date) ?

- How many ppl do you know that have the same issue ?

According to the server's logs (stable) the last crash was on the 8th of October 2018. The server seems stable. It's probably your PC that crashes, but with good reason.

There is something very wrong since the last 2-3 updates. Maybe you can ask ED, and please, if you find a solution let me know too !!!

I have spent a crazy amount of time and resources the past two months, trying to fix something that I didn't break.

I believe is the transitional state to the new server system. And I hope they fix it soon.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂