Suggestion Box

EvilBivol-1

Simple Suggestion:

Please add more Payment options!

I do not have a Credit or Debit Card (and won't get one) and i don't have Paypal (because i have issues with the Company).

Also, because there is no option in gifting a Module i have no way of getting new Modules.

Maybe add common things like paydirekt or sofortueberweisung (these are specific for Germany i guess).

There are also Multi-Payment platforms like Xsolla which give a wide variety of Payment options for customers.

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

support 7z file upload

it is much better at compressing data than zip

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May I suggest an 'Eagle Dynamics aircraft modules' subsection?

With all the former BST modules now also showing up on the main page it has become extremely scroll-heavy IMO. A little bit of tidying up would be appreciated.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

With all the former BST modules now also showing up on the main page it has become extremely scroll-heavy IMO. A little bit of tidying up would be appreciated.

+1

Or what I was thinking: structure the main section like the Products menu of the ED Store web page:

Eagle Dynamics

...DCS World

...Planes

...... A-10C

...... F/A-18C

...... etc.

... Helicopters

...... Huey

...... etc.

... Terrains

... Campaigns

3rd Party Devs

... VEAO

... Razbam

... etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Show your rig and Show your setup Sticky Post

Would love to have in the "Computer hardware" Section a Sticky for people to post pictures of the Computer Rig

Same goes with the "Input Section" a Sticky for people to post there control setup and so on.

Both non discussion threads

• 6 months later...

Please rename the "Magnitude 3 LLC" subforum into "Magnitude 3 LLC - Leatherneck". (apparently one is the parent company of the other)

Most forum users don't even know that Leatherneck is still in the DCS module business, this renaming would finally clear things up for everyone.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Please rename the "Magnitude 3 LLC" subforum into "Magnitude 3 LLC - Leatherneck". (apparently one is the parent company of the other)

Most forum users don't even know that Leatherneck is still in the DCS module business, this renaming would finally clear things up for everyone.

Oh please. Leatherneck broke up and now M3 is trying to say that they are still Leatherneck. The names are meaningless. All that matters is which persons are associated with M3 and which are associated with Heatblur. The distinction is easy. M3 creates great art but little substance. Heatblur creates great substance but is more interested in hype than actually producing a product in the timeline that they announce.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

IDK if this is intentional or a bug but this is highly annoying. I log in, then if I start a new thread/post then it asks me AGAIN for my login info before the post will...well post...

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

IDK if this is intentional or a bug but this is highly annoying. I log in, then if I start a new thread/post then it asks me AGAIN for my login info before the post will...well post...

This just means that the login has timed out and you'll need to re-authenticate.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Make the forum site load a different image (i. e. aircraft) each time you load a page, showing off the many beautiful modules, unless there is a specific product to be advertised at a given time.

Or make them specific to the corresponding sub-forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

• 2 months later...

Something I've struggled with on the site, and a situation I've seen play out a few times is disagreements between forum users and subject matter experts (SME).

It usually plays out something like SME says something, and a member of the forum disagrees because of their opinion or researched opinion, then learns that the opinion they disagreed with was from a SME, then they apologize, and we all move on.

It would be really beneficial if there was some way to identify who is a SME, and who isn't. I don't think it would even be necessary to say what they are a SME of, as I've noted these users are in general very careful about what they say.

It wouldn't provide them any additional privileges, but may prevent some unnecessary back and fourth "arguments". (I've been here 6 months and still have trouble knowing who is a SME/Former Pilot/Engineer/Etc).

TLDR: Identify Subject Matter Experts in some manner so their input stands out from the "I read a thing on the internet" users.

Edited by A2597
formatting

Hello,

Plase, add a "Mission Editor Template" to the File Type list on User Files (right below "Multiplayer Mission"):

T526gyH.jpg

The new "Static Templates" feature of the Mission Editor is a really neat way to encourage a building-block approach to Mission editing and allow the users to share and re-use mission-pieces, simplifying the creation of new missions as they can now re-use previous components.

I've created a lot of Static Templates that would like to share but I've refrained, as posting them with an "Other" type will make them very hard to find.

Thanks a lot

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...

Two new subforums on the main page, so I'm giving myself a +1. You could even divide them into jets, props, helicopters for example.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest updating the User Files servers? I'm on a fiber connection getting 100-300mpbs and yet the User Files is so incredibly slow that pictures won't even load, and downloading a 100MB livery takes nearly an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Change is site behaviour for modules

Hello,

I think it would be a welcome addition to the site if the person looking through modules would not see the ones he already owns. The site would need an extra page for all the modules (a page where all the modules would be listed including price and all). This would make it easier to look at modules that you might want to buy.

• 1 month later...

I'd appreciate a bug tracker instead of handling bugs via the forums. BT means efficient display of the issue at hand, categorizing severtiy, add tags, have a proper feedback channel via comments and mail notification, file attachments for logs and screenshots wetc., but without the hundreds of pages of chatter that make if tedious and harrassing to find specific information.

Something like serverfault.com plus attachments would do.

• 1 month later...

Spam

Hello,

I'm not sure where i can post this, so i figured i would put in suggestion area. I recently received a PM from here and it was a spam message. It was stating i could find a girlfriend. Is there a way for this to be controlled? Or at least a way to report this?

Sorry if placed in wrong area.

thank you for your time.

John A.

• 3 weeks later...

Forum suggestion #1

I would really like to see this, (how do you call it? HSI? :smartass:) useful line

forum-suggestion.jpg

being present not only on the top of the showthread page but also on the bottom.

This would enhance forum navigation immensely.

We scroll down to read newer answers in each thread and once done, we have to scroll all the way up again to locate this line and go back to the sub-forum we came from, to continue browsing the remaining threads. Above or under the "Tags" line would be an ideal spot to place it.

Using the browser's back function is not helping in situations that we have gone through several pages of a thread.

Forum suggestion #2

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional but If unread marks have an expiration period, they shouldn't. I see posts that I haven't read, marked as read.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edited by Santus
typos

Suggestion: after me button.

I would like to see what replies came after my last post. To see this I have to go my profile then find all post then click them to see what happened after me

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 months later...

Sorry didn't read this whole thread...

How about a "Classifieds" section. To trade/buy/sell gear?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• ED Team
Sorry didn't read this whole thread...

How about a "Classifieds" section. To trade/buy/sell gear?

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=144

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2