Yak-52 Discussion Thread

Eight Ball

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Yak-18 conversion. With a fin stolen from P-51...

Yes, the 52 looks much more beautiful!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Nanchangs in the front YAK52's in the rear:

GF-3_Aero_preview.jpg

Nice formation Ivan, you in that one? When are you upgrading to the YAK:) Now DCS is getting the Christian Eagle II I am torn as I am looking for a YAK52 but all confused with the CE - what to do, what to do!

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Yak-52

New DCS flier here, currently learning the F-5E Tiger II (awesome fun).

Will be interesting to see the Yak-52 in DCS, as I own one in real life - fly it in aerobatics, formation, and formation aerobatics.

Video below is from the Fall, 1st 2 elements are me flying right and left wing during formation loops (I normally lead), 3rd sequence is flying line abreast (hard), 4th is a multi-figure airshow sequence with me as lead, you can see wingmen in formation mirrors.

The -52 is an excellent sportplane, an effective trainer, affordable, easy to maintain, tough as nails, and the sound from the Vedenyev M-14P is unbeatable.

'Gimp

13243738_10154033859286900_3264308086866682380_o.thumb.jpg.de6aa1c1ef62287909557c9ebf59f964.jpg

pIMG_4234.thumb.JPG.c4efb29601c191b39a7b7329a43596d3.JPG

pIMG_1144.thumb.JPG.f3f49f52ec812beaa035d86998b5da96.JPG

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Nice video, thank you. You are a lucky man to call one your own, Gimp.

The Yak-52's "ramp presence" is unbeatable on a GA airfield, even more so with the engine running, and flying it must be loads of fun, never had the chance so far though.

This plane is my wet dream, being an aerobatic-licenced pilot. Would love to call one my own, but haven't found a shareholder partner yet (owning one alone is too expensive in this corner of the world), so flying this plane in DCS hopefully eases the pain a little bit. Looks like 99,5% here are excited about the Hornet to arrive - not me, I'm waiting for this baby. :pilotfly:

Nice formation Ivan, you in that one? When are you upgrading to the YAK:) Now DCS is getting the Christian Eagle II I am torn as I am looking for a YAK52 but all confused with the CE - what to do, what to do!

:) Had a share in a YUK so the upgrade to a Chang was an Epiphany ..... Yep in the front of this gorilla :)

Some more Chang goodness with some YUK goodness thrown in :)

https://www.russianroolettes.com/

Nice Vid acrochimp... need to visit you guys I get to LA pretty regularly.

P.S. How do you embed a Youtube directly nowadays in a forum post ?

Edited by IvanK

Will be interesting to see the Yak-52 in DCS, as I own one in real life - fly it in aerobatics, formation, and formation aerobatics.

Video below is from the Fall, 1st 2 elements are me flying right and left wing during formation loops (I normally lead), 3rd sequence is flying line abreast (hard), 4th is a multi-figure airshow sequence with me as lead, you can see wingmen in formation mirrors.

The -52 is an excellent sportplane, an effective trainer, affordable, easy to maintain, tough as nails, and the sound from the Vedenyev M-14P is unbeatable.

'Gimp

Great shots! The Yak-52 has always been my dream plane! Have fun!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

It can serve as a practice target... if your radar can find it...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Nice vids Ivan. I've got a share in a Yak but considering buying own or a CEII. Why did you (upgrade) to the Chang, is the performance better for the smaller engine?

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Having had a share in a 52 and sampled the Chang I went with the Chang.

In my case I removed the 285Hp Housai and replaced with 400hp M14PF (A common mod in the US and Aus) Chang doesn't have an inverted Oil/Fuel system like the 52. That coupled with fully retractable main gear and fully flushed riveted skin makes the Chang a whole lot faster, way better ROC and way better sustained turn performance. I get 180Kts IAS on the deck at max power. 52 Roll rate is better but thats about it. Chang handling is imo significantly better wrt Control Harmony and Max lift "on the buffet' type flying. The depth of the Buzz and buffet in the Chang is great in comparison to the Knife edge buffet handling in the 52. The extra 40 litres internal fuel in the Chang makes X country quite reasonable. Cockpit is way nicer in the Chang with a stick that sits comfortably at knee height rather than at Chin height as it does in the Yak.

Also equipped with "Shinning Dragon MK I" Light strike fighter site specially developed for the Multi Role Chinese Aircraft (MRCA) to swat pesky Yaks ... Outer ring subtends Yak at 500Feet range :)

LSFcomposite2.jpg

Edited by IvanK

There is a word Yak drivers have for CJ drivers, it sounds a lot like a certain North American mid-market retailer with a red and white logo that is made up of 3 concentric circles....

Only kidding a little, CJ's are nice, especially the big engine ones with the M-14PF, but in terms of actual maneuverability/aerobatics or airframe strength there is no comparison.

CJ's are fine for Gentlemen style positive aerobatics but inverted is poor (dihedral outboard section) and no inverted fuel or oil. They are comfy and faster but I didn't buy the Yak to travel.

Lomcevak's, any manner of spin, rolling circles, true competition aerobatics, or airshow acro, the Yak does it all and IMO does it way better - in BFM/ACM there is no contest if it gets to a knife fight although the speed for the CJ is good for extend and escape or slashing attacks.

Several of my formation buddies have nice CJ's but Yak's outnumber them in our neck of the woods 3 to 1.

Really, they both have a place for the guy who knows what he wants but they really aren't for the same kind of mission at the end of the day.

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

"in BFM/ACM there is no contest " .... Rofl .... Be happy to merge with any Yak 52 ... in good hearty competition. I guess the Yaks negative G and roll advantage is important ......... for the guns jinks they feel the need to perform so often when confronted with a PF Chang :)

Having had a share in a 52 and sampled the Chang I went with the Chang.

In my case I removed the 285Hp Housai and replaced with 400hp M14PF (A common mod in the US and Aus) Chang doesn't have an inverted Oil/Fuel system like the 52. That coupled with fully retractable main gear and fully flushed riveted skin makes the Chang a whole lot faster, way better ROC and way better sustained turn performance. I get 180Kts IAS on the deck at max power. 52 Roll rate is better but thats about it. Chang handling is imo significantly better wrt Control Harmony and Max lift "on the buffet' type flying. The depth of the Buzz and buffet in the Chang is great in comparison to the Knife edge buffet handling in the 52. The extra 40 litres internal fuel in the Chang makes X country quite reasonable. Cockpit is way nicer in the Chang with a stick that sits comfortably at knee height rather than at Chin height as it does in the Yak.

Also equipped with "Shinning Dragon MK I" Light strike fighter site specially developed for the Multi Role Chinese Aircraft (MRCA) to swat pesky Yaks ... Outer ring subtends Yak at 500Feet range :)

LSFcomposite2.jpg

Why does the ADI have the dirt side up?

'Gimp

AcroGimp?!! ;) Nice... that's gotta be John! Welcome to DCS!

Condor said you wanted to come fly with us sometime?... what happened?! Text or email me.

Cheers, Limey

AcroGimp?!! ;) Nice... that's gotta be John! Welcome to DCS!

Condor said you wanted to come fly with us sometime?... what happened?! Text or email me.

Cheers, Limey

Hey Limey!

Yeah, I'll drop you a line, finally getting back after ACL reconstruction surgery.

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

release it !! early buy !!! until tucano will be modeled by razbam, YAK will be an awesome alternative :) hoping for aerobatic tutorials/qualifications so the mass of flyers know what they're talking about when burning a subject :)))

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)