Policy regarding redistribution of ED's files

Eight Ball

After putting more thought into it, I'm a bit confused about ED policy regarding the distribution of their files.

Just as long as its clear that he cannot redistribute ED files with this mod, he can tell people what they might need to copy from their own install, but if he plans on releasing this mod in any form, including free, it cant contain any ED owned files.

Now, my question has nothing to do with the Bell-47, it's about the files I've uploaded to the user files website:

Desert M-4 Soldier

Environmental Protesters

French Navy E-2C/D

Customizable Cargo Weight Hotfix

Like stated in the description, all of them are based on ED's work, modified or edited by me.

Is it tolerated or are those going to be taken down?

• ED Team

Skatezilla posted a guide here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178996

Give me some time and we can check your files with ED

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok, thanks BigNewy.

All these were uploaded a while back and never had any problem with them.

But I updated the license today because some of them were listed as "Freeware, unlimited distribution", changed that to "Freeware, do not redistribute"

I don't really care if the textures are removed but the cargo hotfix is essential in order to enjoy most of the new cargo objects if you're flying the UH-1H.

I don't really care if the textures are removed but the cargo hotfix is essential in order to enjoy most of the new cargo objects if you're flying the UH-1H.

You should be aware, the weight limitation on certain "Cargo" has a reason, as even empty it would be too heavy for the Huey!

So "Fix" as in "bug fix" is wrong.

Actually it is a "weight cheat" that let you use cargo that usually a Huey shouldn't be able to lift.

Don't get me wrong, I like this little tweak, but it "fix" implies "currently there is something wrong, which isn't". ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Actually it is a "weight cheat" that let you use cargo that usually a Huey shouldn't be able to lift.

(...)"fix" implies "currently there is something wrong, which isn't". wink.gif

Is that the official stance on the issue ?

I mean, did you, as a translator, saw that issue raised by the testers and that was the answer provided by the devs ?

Sorry, No, it is just my personal oppinion.

Don't get me wrong, I like this tweak, as it helps with making more diverse and interesting missions!

Just the wording is a bit irritating. Especially in the light of certain parts of this community often overreacts.

Sorry, if my earlier post sounded negative.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• ED Team

Eight Ball I would not worry, your files look ok to me, most of them are skins.

Also if they are on the user file section ED had to approve them anyway.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2