Help: Corrupt controls setting menu

fencible

I'm having problems with my Huey - it won't start (I've been flying it for many months, but just switched it to DCS Beta stand-alone). I suspected control setting issues, but when I looked in my control setting menu I found duplicated control entries. I've also seen this issue in my MiG-21 module.

Can anyone tell me which file the command settings for a module are stored in, and suggest a way to repair or refresh this file? Running 'DCS_updater repair' command does NOT fix this issue.

Thanks

This is "normal" for DCS it will attempt to assign every controller to axis and keys. Just delete the incorrect settings out.

If you still have a backup of your old input cfg's you might be able to drop them back in, else they may well have be overwritten.

They live C:\Users\username \saved games\DCS\config\input

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

The duplicated (orange) control entries for my ED modules are gone, including the Huey, since yesterdays beta update. I still have several of them in the Gazelle and Viggen.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

This issue has disappeared for me with the newest beta release. Thanks for your help.

...AAAnnnd this issue is now back with the latest Beta release - same corruption in the key bindings with two lines for a single control function. Both lines show as yellow. Something is corrupting the file(s) associated with control bindings in the Huey. I was having similar problem with the MiG-21 and MiG-19 before.

...AAAnnnd this issue is now back with the latest Beta release - same corruption in the key bindings with two lines for a single control function. Both lines show as yellow. Something is corrupting the file(s) associated with control bindings in the Huey. I was having similar problem with the MiG-21 and MiG-19 before.

What version is that? The version I have and had when posting above is 2.5.4.28461, and running the updater (using Skate Zillas tool) doesn't reveal any more resent. As I mentioned above, the duplicates are not present for me anymore.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

What version is that? The version I have and had when posting above is 2.5.4.28461, and running the updater (using Skate Zillas tool) doesn't reveal any more resent. As I mentioned above, the duplicates are not present for me anymore.

I'm seeing this in the current (as of March 18, 2019) version. It was clear when I first flew the Huey, but after that 1st flight, the key-binding issue was back again. Something is corrupting the key-binding menu on me.

If it wont repair by itself it means you have to rebind,

or more drastic,

you have to delete either the full saved games <DCS> user dir

or at least the .\saved games\<dcs version>\config folder

which hold the binding definitions for DCS to rebuild the correct updated ones, which will have the usual double bindings for axis that you have to re-configure.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

If it wont repair by itself it means you have to rebind,

or more drastic,

you have to delete either the full saved games <DCS> user dir

or at least the .\saved games\<dcs version>\config folder

which hold the binding definitions for DCS to rebuild the correct updated ones, which will have the usual double bindings for axis that you have to re-configure.

No, doesn't have anything to do with the Saved Games content. I've tried to remove it completely and no MODs, but still corrupted entries, even many that I never touched/assigned. Now all ED modules are fine for me but still some others got them.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

No, doesn't have anything to do with the Saved Games content. I've tried to remove it completely and no MODs, but still corrupted entries, even many that I never touched/assigned. Now all ED modules are fine for me but still some others got them.

If not the saved games

then the only other place is the default files in install dir

x:\DCS\Mods\aircraft\F-15C\Input

for F15 for instance, and if these are unnoticed in DCS repair, you delete (or rename them .backup or something) and do a DCS repair again, and most likely DCS repair will notice now they're not there

BTW My Huey as a false double command anyway, there seems to be a typo in either the default keyboard or joystick and nothing that can be done, but no harm, so dont care

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |