Warthog throttle query re AB point

markturner1960

Hi, is there a way to move the point at which the afterburner kicks in, in the sim forward physically on the throttle please? I have removed my physical detent and would like to make use of increased range of movement. Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, is there a way to move the point at which the afterburner kicks in, in the sim forward physically on the throttle please? I have removed my physical detent and would like to make use of increased range of movement. Thanks

I think you have setting curves on the Throttle axis like all other axis, you'll need to set it up so the A-B kicks-in at your desired throttle setting.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Yes, you have to adjust throttle curves to match detent point. It's not complicated, just requires some messing around with manual curves, you will be done with it in 5 minutes max. This is the reason I love my Warthog throttle, that detent is making it so much easier to control AB usage.

Yes..

Again,.. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250033

Sorry but I can not explain better than what I did there. If that is too hard, then just use the in game user response curve.

Thanks, I am struggling with this so please bear with me. Antoine, I will try following your guide again later, as could not do it the first time.

I have been trying to see how adjusting the curves would move the point at which the AB kicks in, but have not managed to do anything that seems to affect this.

I am finding this somewhat frustrating, as I am not stupid, but just can’t seem to figure out what to do. I have watched Redkites guide and read Antoines thread several times, but am not getting it - to the point where I have had to do something else for an hour as it was really pissing me off!

Let’s just talk about the user curves here for now, as always good to start at the basics before diving into Antoines’ deeper waters......

So I have the black square which shows physically where the throttle currently is. How does DCS decide where 100 rpm or AB is then for a particular jet (and let’s just consider the hornet here)

If I want move my 100 rpm point nearer to the end of the travel range, exactly how would I do this within DCS? step by step, rather than just “adjust the curves”.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I just wanted to match AB kick in to the detent position. I did a free flight and 'F2' view so I was looking at the back of the jet. I moved 'curvature' from zero to 8 or 9. There seems to be a little bit of slop in the system. When I first did it I set it at 10 and later realized it went into AB at the correct position but coming out of AB there would still be a partial AB when I pulled the throttle back just off the detent. So 8 or 9 fixed that.

Thanks, I am struggling with this so please bear with me. Antoine, I will try following your guide again later, as could not do it the first time.

I have been trying to see how adjusting the curves would move the point at which the AB kicks in, but have not managed to do anything that seems to affect this.

I am finding this somewhat frustrating, as I am not stupid, but just can’t seem to figure out what to do. I have watched Redkites guide and read Antoines thread several times, but am not getting it - to the point where I have had to do something else for an hour as it was really pissing me off!

Let’s just talk about the user curves here for now, as always good to start at the basics before diving into Antoines’ deeper waters......

So I have the black square which shows physically where the throttle currently is. How does DCS decide where 100 rpm or AB is then for a particular jet (and let’s just consider the hornet here)

If I want move my 100 rpm point nearer to the end of the travel range, exactly how would I do this within DCS? step by step, rather than just “adjust the curves”.

Feel free to contact me directly on Discord, hon0#0570.

Or on the Hotas/Hosas/Simpit Discord, which is born from r/hotas.

https://discord.gg/szqaJE7

We could share our screen and it would be much easier for me to teach you how to do that weird curve things. With Target Script Editor or Joystick Gremlin.

Edited by Ant0ine

Thanks Antoine, really appreciate the offer, I think I will have some time on wednesday or Thursday during the day, if that works for you. never used discord, will look into this....