F-15C damage model

Fortinero

When will give to this thing a correct damage model? how it's possible that you hit three times with missiles (not only lighter R-60s), direct hits in a hot aspect target, and the F-15 module for DCS still flying and fully systems operational, this is looking like an arcade now, and it's not an isolated situation, this repeats very often. Annoying, specially in a non full fidelity module that is already so powerful due to the weapon loadout, super easy radar managment and behavior...

I don't think it's the damage model that you want to be looking at.

I hit a Su-27 with a slammer last night and it didn't appear to feel it.

When will give to this thing a correct damage model? how it's possible that you hit three times with missiles (not only lighter R-60s), direct hits in a hot aspect target, and the F-15 module for DCS still flying and fully systems operational, this is looking like an arcade now, and it's not an isolated situation, this repeats very often. Annoying, specially in a non full fidelity module that is already so powerful due to the weapon loadout, super easy radar managment and behavior...

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Same for almost all planes it seems...

Some few days ago i was flying an Eagle and our flight was up against two Zhuravliks..

It took like 2 AIM-120s to nail one of the Su-27s...

Much worse with the Tu-160 a few weeks ago.. It took half of my missile load just to take it down :D .. a pair of slammers and a pair of sidewinders..

Then last night, i was in the Su-27 against another flight of Zhuravliks... took an ER and an R-73 to take the traitor down lels... In another flight.. i had too lob two R-73s against a rogue Su-17...:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don’t know. I do think it’d have a better chance of being acknowledged if it were posted within the 2.5 Open Beta Bugs and Problems sub forum.

Good point. I didn't notice where it was posted. I will see if I can PM Grimes to move it or something. I have a feeling they must know about this by now. Seems to be widely reported.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's specific to F15c, it's happening on alot of planes. I've made my own missions with the mission editor and this has happened on Mig 15s, Mig 21s. I even downloaded a Civilian aircraft mod and filled the sky with airliners over Las Vegas. I was shooting them down with Missles and even they will on occassion take 3 or more missles to go down. Sometimes the missles seem to have no effect on any aircraft. Surely they know about this bug by now. I'm using 2.5, this doesn't happen in the previous versions does it? (The versions that were official releases, not beta)

I'm using 2.5, this doesn't happen in the previous versions does it? (The versions that were official releases, not beta)

No, it does not. I was on release version 1.5.7 then 1.5.8 and missile hit always inflicted some damage.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Although this seems to affect all planes it also seems to affect the F15 the most. F15s certainly seem to be the most frequently tanky.

I dont know if thats a consequence of its FM/DM or a consequence of the missiles usually fired at it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

It is not difficult to understand how much damage is caused by 39kg of explosives in the 10m range (what about 30m?). If we take this into consideration we do not need Mythbusters to check.

maxresdefault.jpg

I honestly hoped these nonsense would disappear with DCS 2.5 but I was obviously mistaken. We've been sending feedback for years to ED but those with each new version are closer to the arcade. They ignore us and they do not want to discuss it at all.

It only takes me a second from the permanent uninstallation (after 10 years) of this garbage... smart people have already abandoned this for a long time.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

It only takes me a second from the permanent uninstallation (after 10 years) of this garbage... smart people have already abandoned this for a long time.

So what for high fidelity SIM are those "smart" people playing now? Please tell me.. i might leave DCS for that as well. Ow i'm sorry.. They can only go back to truly arcade sims with even more bullshit hidden under some nice gameplay. They probably did not like an true sims anyway in the first place and only came here to satisfy their gaming needs.

Yes the damage model is kind of BS, but it's also one of the most difficult things to get right, unless you implement shortcuts. But then it gets even more arcade just to improve gameplay. And it seems that arcade is the thing you really despise. But if the arcade part is hidden by using shortcuts you will suddenly like this game more? As long as you don't know about it right? And conforms with how things should behave like you want.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

So what for high fidelity SIM are those "smart" people playing now?

Maybe they just enjoy on your YT channel and try to figure out where they were wrong.

It's superfluous to discuss this because it's been going on for years. Enjoy in this high fidelity. :pilotfly:

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Enjoy in this high fidelity.

It is 'high' because of how it's done - calculations of physics with real life numbers from available data - and that only they have done that extensively. Just that makes others 'lower' fidelity. It's still not perfect but they know it and it's Beta anyway!

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

...calculations of physics with real life numbers from available data...

...yeah right.

It is not difficult to understand how much damage is caused by 39kg of explosives in the 10m range (what about 30m?). If we take this into consideration we do not need Mythbusters to check.

I honestly hoped these nonsense would disappear with DCS 2.5 but I was obviously mistaken. We've been sending feedback for years to ED but those with each new version are closer to the arcade. They ignore us and they do not want to discuss it at all.

It’s more complicated than x amount of explosives y distance away given fragmentation effects and the velocities involved.

The kinematic performance of missiles is also complicated in its nature and real world data is hard to find.

Also the current dm is on its way out and so are the missile physics currently implemented.

So the bugs everyone is seeing are only normal and besides remember this is open BETA where these bugs are being discovered and ironed out.

There is no easy solution to any of this or magic formula. We have to be patient.

Bare in mind everyone fudges up their missile performance on publicly released data making things even more complex.

You can go back to 1.5 if they bugs are too much for you.