TM Cougar throttle to USB

Hi guys. I've searched the forum but couldn't find the answer to my questions.

So I've started following this guide (https://pit.uriba.org/uriba/standalone-cougar-tqs-part-i/) to get my old TM Cougar from DB15 to USB using an Arduino Leonard instead of an Pro-Micro.

I've followed the wiring as shown in the guide, except I have used pin A4 instead of the external ADC.

The problem is the uploading of the firmware to the arduino. The README files states the following (located here https://github.com/uriba107/32u4_hexuploader/releases/tag/v1912):

Allow to upload code both to Serial enabled boards (that have an exposed COM port), or devices in other modes (not Com port visible.

to upload to visible device, select it's COM port from the drop down list. and click upload. for a Non visible device, select the proper option and click upload. then reset the device to Bootloader mode (usually "double click" on the devices Reset button.

the program will identify device's bootloader and will upload the selected HEX file.

When I open the Hexloader program, the arduino COM port is not shown and when I set the arduino in bootloader mode (connecting RESET and GND twice) and uploades using the HID alternative, is states: No device found.

I can see the Arduino listed in the device manager. Also tried to run the "upload_code.bat" file but it failed since there wasn't any hex file with the correct name.

Not answering you question, but since Arduino Leonardo is based on ATMEGA32u4 chipset, why don't flash with MMjoy2 firmware?

Since Cougar TQS is wired in diode matrix, is just set this matrix in MMjoySetup and easy to connect TQS wires in Leonardo board without any internal modification in TQS.

With the plus that eventually you can upgrade throttle axis with TLE5010 contacless sensor in digital mode, what is supported by MMjoy2 Firmware.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I also looked at MMjoy2 but I couldn't quite figure out to use the program with the TM TQS.

Ok, but use MMJoy2 firmware is easy way to to, seems more than the way in the site you link above. :)

1- Flash Arduino firmware with MMJoy2 firmware.

2- Connect TQS wires in Arduino in this way:

TQS2-USB.jpg

In the picture the guy made a external adapter using Arduino PRO Micro, but you can place the board inside TQS case, and connections in Leonardo is similar, the good of MMjoy2 firmware is that you define pins in MMJoySetup in graphical interface.

3-Define in MMjoySetup what pins are used for axes inputs, what for buttons matrix (TQS use a

3 rows x4 column matrix)

* Here an example with Arduino (PRO Micro) placed inside TQS case.

If whant revert TQS for original just unplug the 15 pins connector.

TQS-Cougar-MMjoy2.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br

This is what I'm going for Sokol1_br, but apparently I'm sort of an idiot when it comes to the use of the MMjoy2 software. I get some data inputs from the throttle but the rawdata is 0 - 7 so I'm not sure what to have in the calibration fields.

I posted the same question on simHQ. https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4518724/thrustmaster-cougar-throttle-to-usb-mmjoy2#Post4518724