List of Hornet Keyboard Commands

Since we are pretty close to the early access release now, could we perhaps already get a list of all the Hornet's input commands and their corresponding key strokes?

(Or simply a list of all the commands present on the HOTAS, if the preparation of a complete list would be too time consuming.)

This way people using external controller mapping software could already start preparing profiles for the Hornet now and have them pretty much ready on release. :joystick:

Thanks!

ControllerBuddy - A highly advanced game controller mapping software (for flight simulators)

+1

Homecockpit F/A 18C MK4 von Dogfight Boss | i7-8700k | Asus Rog Strix Z370-F | ASUS GEFORCE® GTX 1080 ROG STRIX | 16 GB RAM 2666 | 500 GB Samsung EU 860 EVO SSD | Corsair Hydro H100i V2 | TM Warthog |3 * TM MFD‘s | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Yes...would be great...

Would be great also to have early access manual

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

+3

It would be great to be able to pre-configure the controllers so that it will be a sit in and fly on release. It takes a lot of effort to set up a full X-55 configuration. Not that the keys are going to change much from the press release version. The next couple of weeks are really going to drag and it would be better doing something productive.

The waiting has been long.

I am very much for everything that we get us ready for fly the FA - 18C right away:manual, Hotas key binding, etc.

I have been reading the NATOP manual but it looks quite daunting and deep.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Even without the actual key commands, you can look in the NATOPS manual at what the functions are on the real HOTAS and start figuring out where they'll go on yours. I've already done this for my CH HOTAS, and then it's just a matter of looking up the key presses later and assigning them.

It would be nice to have the manual, but you can get some of the work done without it.

The manual would be nice too :)

Would be great also to have early access manual

If they had the manual in a release-worthy state, we would certainly already have our hands on it.

It's pretty obvious (also to ED) that everybody would like to have the manual as early as possible - thus it makes practically zero sense to ask for it. :doh:

However, requesting a list of the key commands (which was the actual intention behind me starting this thread) is an entirely different story and not so obvious.

... and then it's just a matter of looking up the key presses later and assigning them.

For complex aircraft like the Hornet the creation of a profile can take multiple hours and the "looking up" of the key commands is something that we could already do now while we are waiting for the Hornet to go EA.

Of course what I am assuming here is that the definition of the commands is pretty much done right now and won't change drastically until release.

Edited by bwRavencl
fixed typo

ControllerBuddy - A highly advanced game controller mapping software (for flight simulators)

If they had the manual in a release-worthy state, we would certainly already have our hands on it.

It's pretty obvious (also to ED) that everybody would like to have the manual as early as possible - thus it makes practically zero sense to ask for it. :doh:

It's already in the hands of press people, so ya, they could let us see that version. But as you say, it make zero sense to ask for it :bash:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]