VR first start: a few questions

Lange_666

After some small VR experience a few weeks ago in London i got myself an Oculus Rift S today.

It's amazing although i have to work on my setup a bit more to get a better picture. First run was OK but then tried the ingame VR settings but these are no good. Will be for the next couple of days...

I've ran into some small problems for which i can't find a solution (if any).

Looked in here and on the tube and although i found some stuff, it didn't answer my questions.

I have some center issues, sometimes the DCS screen is right in front of me, sometimes turned a bit to left or right and i already found myself out of the cockpit once.

Looking through the topics here i found a few things on centering the view through a button in the controller setup but... i don't have the VR View settings in the controller section (VR? and VR Zoom). Looked everywhere (aireplane, general, axis etc...), can't find them so i'm missing something but what?

Together with this i did read that one could de-activate the guardian perimeter for this but that's another thing i can't seem to do. It's on all the time.

And last question for now, how in the world do i turn off the in-headset speakers? I can turn them off but then i kill also my regular headphones. There are some headphone options in the setup but these don't have the desired effect, all of them turn the global sound either on or off (or set the volume). Is it possible?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

VR Re-Center and two levels of VR Zoom are in the UI layer of controller setup menu. Click the down arrow by the module listings and scroll down to UI layer. These are assignable to buttons on the HOTAS. Be aware these are global settings and obviously not plane specific.

Also in there you can assign mouse function to buttons on HOTAS.

I have my guardian set up for a moderate sized room so it never really comes on for me when playing seated.

RE: Headset, you should be able to pick your sound output in the sound options in Windows.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Default view center button is Num5.

If you connect 3.5mm directly to the headset (I think the rift S has this option) that should turn them off (as you will have unplugged them). If not do as dburne mentioned and manage your audio source under windows settings.

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

Can't even get that far atm.

When the Rift software starts, it goes into setup, just after the pairing of the controllers page where it tells me to setup my gaming area.

It says that i have to put on the headset and follow what i see in there.

This worked on the first time i did set it up but now i'm stuck in there, looking at 3 rotating dots (and a blue spike from time to time).

Also, in Windows, i selected the computer speakers as output (instead of the Rift S ones) but that doesn't do anything, the keeps playing in the Rift S speakers. If i read through the Oculus support pages it says that if you select the Rift S as main sound output, you hear in your computer audio speakers what you hear in your Rift S speakers. If you select computer audio, you hear in your Rift S speakers what you hear on your computer speakers. This makes only sense if there are 2 different audio streams playing, one from in game and another from a MP3 player for example. If there is only one sound stream, you hear in both speakers sets the same (which means to me that you can't turn Rift S speakers off).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Audio solved (in the Oculus setup).

Zoom and center solved (in DCS UI layer).