A4 Skyhawk - Haiphong Harbour Campaign Videos

]I love the A4 Skyhawk and to celebrate the update to Ver 1.4 I have been working on a series of videos to "simulate" the Vietnam era Rolling Thunder missions. Hopefully they will link together to make an interesting story. If folks like them, I will turn them into a campaign for others to download. Here is the first one. Let me know what you think and subscribe to follow along

Edited by sidekick65
Got the You Tube wrappers working

I watched this the other day, neat little video showcasing a mod that doesnt get enough youtube love, I really enjoyed it.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback. Now up to 4 videos. The latest one features the AGM-45's and also the nav computer and the radar - which also don't get a lot of love on YouTube beyond some basic tutorials, but are actually very cool technology for the time.

Edited by sidekick65
Got the You Tube wrappers working

Snake Eyes at Sunset

Just posted the sixth video in the series. Have a look for some low-light low-level flying. See the Nav Computer and the radar in action in profile mode. And of course, watch us drop some Snake Eyes right in the face of the enemy airfield.

Feedback always welcome. Let me know what you think.

Mate I didn't realise there were more in this series because of the topic title, excellent work

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Sidekicks videos are awesome, they are some of the best promotion Ive seen for DCS world and they promote a free module.

cw1.png

Skyhawk Tips and Tricks

Here's another video in the series. This one is a bit different - it uses the previous videos as a tutorial about the Skyhawk. Happy to have feedback. Let me know what you think. Let me know if there are any particular weapons or situations you would like to see.

Skyhawks Campaign

I've watched all your vids and hope you make them into a campaign. I'm just learning the mission editor but it would take me a long time to even do your first mission. I love flying the A4 and always look for new missions.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I agree that the mission editor is an "acquired taste". It feels a bit like a tool that the devs originally used to make their missions and the cleaned up so they could release it with the game. So the interface is not as user friendly as one that was designed that way from the ground up.

Keep at it. It gets easier.

Btw encouragement like this is exactly what I need to convince me to do the work to make these missions releasable.

Thanks.

... Btw encouragement like this is exactly what I need to convince me to do the work to make these missions releasable.

I really hope you will release them at some point .. I realize that sometimes it is a chore, as there is always the chance that a DCS update will break the mission and you may feel forced to update it ... but even so, I'd love to be able to play these missions :thumbup:

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Skyhawk Tips and Tricks Part 2

Here's the next installment. This video goes back over videos 4, 5, and 6 to look at what you can learn from them about planning the misisons, setting up the jet, and flying the missions.

Enjoy! Feedback is always welcome

Your 'tutorials' are like a BTS video where you actually learn about the air-frame. I really enjoy this approach.

cw1.png

and yes "Snake Eyes at Sunset" was some of your best work to date!

cw1.png

Your 'tutorials' are like a BTS video where you actually learn about the air-frame. I really enjoy this approach.

Excxellent. That's what I was going for. Now thinking about starting a series on a different aircraft. I want to do another ground attack plane since I am not really very good at ACM or BVR stuff.

I own Flaming Cliffs (so SU-25 ), the A-10c, the Harrier and the F-18. Any interest in seeing the same approach applied to any those airframes?

I own Flaming Cliffs (so SU-25 ), the A-10c, the Harrier and the F-18. Any interest in seeing the same approach applied to any those airframes?

I'd love to see a similar series on the Su-25A (not the T), as it is an old-school airframe somewhat reminiscent of a land-based A-4. It is a fun aircraft but with few YT videos on it. :thumbup:

Greetings.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB