Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

If you go to 16agr server you will find some sling loads that can only be lifted by the MI-8.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I say no to these helicopters. I feel they have no real purpose in DCS because the ground AI is not fleshed out very well. Personally, I'd rather see your excellent development skills go towards aircraft like the Mi-24, Mi-28, AH-1 or the AH-64 (if there is a god on that last one.) If this were Prepar3d or Flight Sim I'd say sure, because those games are more about flying. DCS is about fighting.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I say yes... I would say if your leading down the LHA/LHD look to the marine air wing makeups with AH-1s osprey chinook uh series ie venom and b/hawk.

units that are useful to missions in dcs... SnR/ground support/logistics/

would be great to have that fully immersive group.

Coops

For me it all boils down to game play in the end.

I'd vote yes if you can manage to find interesting, entertaining and challenging tasks for it to do in DCS. Tasks that can make it fun to play in multiplayer situations as well.

So;

Yes, if it's mission can be replicated in a good manner.

No, if you can't replicate it in a satisfying manner in DCS (yet).

It's also one of those "I probably would not buy, but I'd love to fly with others that have" :)

• ED Team

Yes!

for me the Chinook and puma, brings back memories of being picked up after a long wet patrol :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Chinook or Puma would be great!

With the new models for sling loads and CTLD you could do a lot.

My preference would be Chinook then Puma.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I haven't read through all seven pages of responses yet, I will just add my two cents here. The CH-46 frog and the CH-53 would be great. The frog above and beyond the CH-53 for two simple resasons: 1) We don't have any form of frog in the Sim at this point in time, we do have an Ai -53. 2) Not only would the frog be a natural fit on the deck of an LHA or LHD, but it is the primary Vertrep platform for ship to ship transfers.

Speaking of LHD, it is my opinion that RAZBAM should do a Wasp class, instead of a Tarawa Class. The reason being, Markindel just released a really nice LHA-1. We already have a LHA in sim.

It would be really nice to have a Phrog model to go do insertions with similar positions as the BST Huey, Door gunners, pilot, and co-pilot.

-Woog

Yes!

for me the Chinook and puma, brings back memories of being picked up after a long wet patrol :)

Puma (Later Oryx in SA Air Force) is the most beautiful sound in the world........coming to extract you after weeks of living dug in in a hole somewhere on a clandestine mission.......oh the memories .

I will always have a special kind of love for this whirly.

• Like 1

While these kinds of aircrafts certainly have a place in a combat environment, I think there are many other aircraft available to make that would fill out the environment better right now. For example a USSR competitor to current and upcoming western fighters. Then we can finally leave FC3 in the dust on the multiplayer servers. In way of helicopters I'd rather see something like the NH-90, that's both transport capable and also bringing something new to the table like subhunting.