Pre-Order begins on May 24

Thacyoon

Once the Pre-order is done we can use our remaining bonus points to purchase right?

Yes, correct, once the F-16 pre-purchase discount expires and the module is with the standard price, you will be able to use your bonus point to purchase it. If you have enough bonus points, you can deduct up to 30% of the normal price.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we are now in July, so I decided to bit the bullet and have just purchased the Viper to get the 20% discount, rather than wait until release and then realize that to have it I would have to shell out 80 bucks.

The Hornet has been out more than a year and it's only now that on sale you can get an almost equivalent 25% discount ... so I convinced myself to just pay it now rather than wait so long to fly her :)

Autumn ends in December, let's hope that the Viper wont slip beyod that date, on the meantime I intend to retake the Hornet and learn her fully before the arrival of the new plane :D

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Well, we are now in July, so I decided to bit the bullet and have just purchased the Viper to get the 20% discount, rather than wait until release and then realize that to have it I would have to shell out 80 bucks.

The Hornet has been out more than a year and it's only now that on sale you can get an almost equivalent 25% discount ... so I convinced myself to just pay it now rather than wait so long to fly her :)

Autumn ends in December, let's hope that the Viper wont slip beyod that date, on the meantime I intend to retake the Hornet and learn her fully before the arrival of the new plane :D

Cheers.

Great to hear!

Once a release date/timeframe for a module has been announced, ED has kept their word, so I don't see the F-16 release slipping past October.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Once a release date/timeframe for a module has been announced, ED has kept their word, so I don't see the F-16 release slipping past October.

I hope you are right, tough Autumn ends nearer December than October ... what I do expect sooner are Wags videos, somewhere he said that he would release the first on this month :)

• 2 weeks later...
I hope you are right, tough Autumn ends nearer December than October ... what I do expect sooner are Wags videos, somewhere he said that he would release the first on this month :)

Wags never, ever said the first of this month or any month. He said "early autumn" as a desired release window.

Menu music downloaded and converted to .ogg - ready to go! Brings back so many good sim memories :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Menu music downloaded and converted to .ogg - ready to go! Brings back so many good sim memories :thumbup:

Yes very good memories!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

... what I do expect sooner are Wags videos, somewhere he said that he would release the first on this month :)

Wags never, ever said the first of this month or any month. He said "early autumn" as a desired release window.

English isnt my native language, but please note that I was talking about the YouTube Videos that Wags produces .. somewhere he said that the first of these videos would be released this month.

English isnt my native language, but please note that I was talking about the YouTube Videos that Wags produces .. somewhere he said that the first of these videos would be released this month.

Yes you are correct - Don't worry your post was very clear, some people are just very keen to 'correct' others here. Wags did say the first of the 'academic' videos would be released in July. "Stay tuned for the first academic video in July."

Post - https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3965173&postcount=1

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would like to schedule my 30 days vacation during the DCS F-16C Viper early access release.

So, can I really consider the release in the end of September or beginning of October?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

I would like to schedule my 30 days vacation during the DCS F-16C Viper early access release.

So, can I really consider the release in the end of September or beginning of October?

I would wait for official word on release date before doing anything like that.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

My hunch is that it will be released on december.

I'm leaning towards a holiday gift as well.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

They announced a release window...early Autumn. I imagine that they are confident they can deliver the F-16 in some sort of flyable state no later than the end of early Autumn (mid October), or they wouldn't have set themselves up for failure by announcing a time frame and taking money. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Fortunately, ED has proven themselves with the Hornet by releasing it within the announced timeframe.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I would wait for official word on release date before doing anything like that.

Yeah, I expect they'll announce the date before release to schedule my vacation.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

• 1 month later...
Hi folks, couldn’t hold off any longer and bought the pre lease module today. Should i see anything from ED to confirm I’ve bought it or just wait till release? Thanks

Ian

Should be able to see it in your profile when you log into the DCS website

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Mini updates are coming in with videos. I believe 3 since last Thursday? Looks like we are getting close and I have so much on my plate with the Hornet and have not really touched the Tomcat! I am ready for my 2 week shutdown coming up for the holidays to "catch up"! :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals