Logitech Extreme 3D Profile Config

Zeno Spada

hello, i've searched the forum for any information about how to configure my Logitech Extreme 3d Pro for flying the mustang. im interested in the TF 51D version, so i dont mind about the weapon config for now, i wonder if there is someone using the same joystick and will share his configuration.

thank you

You don't need a config file. Best to set the stick up as you go with what functions you use most often.

If you don't have a head tracker you probably want to use the hat for your views. Elevator and rudder trim, prop pitch up/down(engine RPM), bomb/rocket pickle, Teamspeak transmit, zoom view in and out are popular choices.

For the 51 you will need to be dropping and raising flaps regularly while turning with an enemy.

To set the keys up I found a description for you

Chakir iconGames.png 11 Oct, 2014 @ 6:18am

Top left of controls menu is a drop down menu that allows you to select which aircraft you want to modify the controls for. When you select one, there will be three columns. The very left one will list the actual controls, then the keyboard and mouse, and then the logitech column. To bind a control to a certain aircraft funtion, dobule click the correspoding row with the aircraft function and logitech column.

If you wish to add a modifier key, say, if you run out of regular buttons on your joystick, click the 'add modifier' button in the bottome left of the controls menu. Be sure to select the logitech joystick /not keyboard and mouse/ and then push the button you want to add to modifers list. Note: Modifier keys are used in correlation with another key. e.g. Button 10 + Button 3. They can not be bound to any control by themselves.

To set up your throttle, click the 'axis assign' button in the bottome right of the control menu. Select the 'thrust' row corresponding with the logitech column. To bind it just move your throttle up and down until you see it register.

I would highly suggest modifying a few axis variables. The logitech is know to wear out in the center after awhile of use so adding a deadzone is important. Also, adding a strong curve to your axes will allow much smoother flight. To modify the deadzone and curve of an axis, select the axis in the row corresponding to the logitech column. Then in the bottom right, click on the 'axis tune' panel. In my experience will the logitech joystick, a deadzone of 7-8 minimized the wear area completely and a curve of 25 for Pitch and Roll axes and 15-25 for the Yaw axis.

You can fly a single player mission and find your sweet spot though.

If you select another aircraft, you will need to modify both the controls and the axes for that aircraft as well.

If you wish for a list of recomended aircraft funtions to bind I will make another post.

You don't need a config file. Best to set the stick up as you go with what functions you use most often.

If you don't have a head tracker you probably want to use the hat for your views. Elevator and rudder trim, prop pitch up/down(engine RPM), bomb/rocket pickle, Teamspeak transmit, zoom view in and out are popular choices.

For the 51 you will need to be dropping and raising flaps regularly while turning with an enemy.

To set the keys up I found a description for you

thank you for reply.

i 've set up my joystick with the essential key, i'm fly it quite well. will need to tune the axis a little bit , but im happy with it.

when i pass to the p51d il have to config the weapon relater key, so i will change a little bit my setup.