DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

hello guys, I am wondering why there are 2 keybord diff.lua files, the first with an N and the second with an R letter as suffix? Which one do I have to pick to load the keyboard controls in DCS for my F18?

"N" is for "Normal" and "R" is for "Reversed." It has to do with how the numeric keypad as UFC/ICP is mapped, with N meaning that what you press on the keypad is what you get in the sim. If you prefer the orientation to match the UFC/ICP (i.e. 1-3 at the top and 7-9 at the bottom), choose "R" and pressing 7 on your keypad will give you "1" on the ICP.

If you're not sure, use N.

"N" is for "Normal" and "R" is for "Reversed." It has to do with how the numeric keypad as UFC/ICP is mapped, with N meaning that what you press on the keypad is what you get in the sim. If you prefer the orientation to match the UFC/ICP (i.e. 1-3 at the top and 7-9 at the bottom), choose "R" and pressing 7 on your keypad will give you "1" on the ICP.

If you're not sure, use N.

Got it. Thanks for the promt reply. You are the Man :thumbup:

Hi Home Fries,

Two quick notes that I hope aren't too hard to chase down.

F18 - Not sure if this is CTS but if there are custom curves in your .lua profile for WH the right throttle is not on the same one as the left around the AB engage mark. I thought maybe this was my fault until it followed me across machines. I do have the AB detent option selected.

F14 - (Default POV Hat Function in VR = 1) Whenever I try to swap seats from pilot --> RIO there is a good chance of the plane getting stuck in a steep roll that is almost impossible to fix even after swapping back. I thought this was a HB bug but I think it's actually what equates to a trim command being 'stuck' when I swap seats. I'm still not 100% sure this is CTS but it would make sense given the methodology. The easiest fix I see would be to require the shifted trim hat even with VR = 1. I realize that conflicts with the "vr mouse" but I think for the F14 it's worth it, personally I never use the VR mouse but I'm not the only CTS user :)

Thanks, Stal2k. I'll look into forcing the trim commands off once a station is selected. I've shoehorned as much as I can into the Hat1, so there's no real room for anything else.

I'll look at the F-18 as well.

EDIT: I'll add the trim issue to the bugtracker to see if any of my VR testers get the same issue.

Ugh, I swore I posted this already but I can't find it so I'm going to do a short version - let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Profile: F-18

Config: Warthog boat switch as AG/AA mode toggle

Issue Encountered: Boat switch not remapping to AG/AA mode upon GSU

How to reproduce: I'm not 100% certain this is the cause as it was random but, I THINK it's what sets it up. If you use the boat switch for the engine crank but do not return it to neutral it never properly remaps to the master mode selection and retains control of the engine cranking with the gear up.

Hope this isn't a double post, let me know if you need any more clarity.

Home Fries, is there any chance of a profile for the MB-339A sometime in the future?

Thanks

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Ugh, I swore I posted this already but I can't find it so I'm going to do a short version - let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Profile: F-18

Config: Warthog boat switch as AG/AA mode toggle

Issue Encountered: Boat switch not remapping to AG/AA mode upon GSU

How to reproduce: I'm not 100% certain this is the cause as it was random but, I THINK it's what sets it up. If you use the boat switch for the engine crank but do not return it to neutral it never properly remaps to the master mode selection and retains control of the engine cranking with the gear up.

Hope this isn't a double post, let me know if you need any more clarity.

I tried this last night and couldn't duplicate any unintended functionality. Just so you know, the engine crank will stay mapped even with GSU as long as you have the APU switch set to On. This is to allow cross-bleed airstarts.

Or was this happening if you left the boat switch off center, turned off APU, then went to GSU? I tried that as well, but couldn't duplicate. BTW, I don't use boat as master mode, but the mapping algorithm should work the same way with MM as with the CM bypass switch.

Home Fries, is there any chance of a profile for the MB-339A sometime in the future?

There's always a chance! ;)

Seriously, I'll take a look at it in December. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs with the MiG-19 and I-16.

There's always a chance! ;)

Seriously, I'll take a look at it in December. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs with the MiG-19 and I-16.

I'm not touching it until next year then ;)

Looking forward to whenever you get a chance to have a look. Cheers.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I tried this last night and couldn't duplicate any unintended functionality. Just so you know, the engine crank will stay mapped even with GSU as long as you have the APU switch set to On. This is to allow cross-bleed airstarts.

I bet it's what you said, because I do tend to forget about the APU or flip it off w/ mouse. With VR I always hit the Right Engine Ign switch instead of the APU, which I don't think CTS could fix :)

Ok I'd file that as a PEBKAP then. Thanks.

Hey, I'd like to thank Home Fries for the wonderful work on these scripts, they truely are remarkable!

Just a heads up! Not sure if this is the right forum, but it relates to the CTS profiles in general; I have sent you (Home Fries) a private message as I've done a bit of tweaking to the Elite Dangerous profile for HOTAS Cougar to fix the Counter Measures wave playback and also add Cargo Scoop and Landing Gear to the Stick and TQS, as well as adjust the rotary dials to make them more intuitive if not using Rudder Pedals plugged in.

If anybody would like a copy ahead of any review by HF, please send me a message.

Thanks, Stal2k. I'll look into forcing the trim commands off once a station is selected. I've shoehorned as much as I can into the Hat1, so there's no real room for anything else.

I'll look at the F-18 as well.

EDIT: I'll add the trim issue to the bugtracker to see if any of my VR testers get the same issue.

After my flight today I wanted to confirm this issue is not just with the F-14. The same thing happens in the C-101 which suggests it's an issue with the routine (as you stated).

The nice part about the C-101 is you can see the roll trim gauge moving without any input once you switch seats. Unlike the F-14 this doesn't cause the jet to careen into the ground because both seats have flight control, but it does cause an unsustainable input situation. The C-101 may be an easier module to replicate/debug this in since the actual instrumentation can confirm the issue.

As a reminder, I'm using the "Default Hat function in VR = 1" which I assume is required to duplicate the issue.

After my flight today I wanted to confirm this issue is not just with the F-14. The same thing happens in the C-101 which suggests it's an issue with the routine (as you stated).

The nice part about the C-101 is you can see the roll trim gauge moving without any input once you switch seats. Unlike the F-14 this doesn't cause the jet to careen into the ground because both seats have flight control, but it does cause an unsustainable input situation. The C-101 may be an easier module to replicate/debug this in since the actual instrumentation can confirm the issue.

As a reminder, I'm using the "Default Hat function in VR = 1" which I assume is required to duplicate the issue.

Thanks for the amplifying information. I'm head down right now changing the M-2000C and getting 2.42 out the door, but once the dust settles I'll take a closer look at the issue.

2.42 is released!

Change Log:

• Added MiG-19P Farmer and I-16 Ishak (both WIP).
  • Updated and Improved F-16C, added SnapViews.
  • Fixed profile selection mode not passing over uninstalled non-DCS games.
  • Added MFDisplay overlay to profile selection mode.
  • Replaced fixed 1 second interval with Emergency Jettison Cycle Interval for modules that perform emergency jettison by pulse.
  • Added vocal cues to logical gearstate toggle with S3+T6/LDGH.
  • Setting Number of Thrustmaster MFDs to less than 2 now forces controller exclusion from profile.
  • Fixed seat swap not occuring in L-39 (non-VR)
  • F-14: Reduction in MFDisplay refresh commands while using H1 as RIO.
  • M-2000C: Updated for DCS 2.5.5.39384 (new cockpit)

F/A-18C Hornet:

• Added optional UFC MFD for people with four MFDs (H/T Dr. Jester).
  • Updated UFC assignments on LMFD.

IL-2GB:

• Switched RPM and Mixture axis mapping on Pinky Switch (Warthog).
  • Applied Mixture axis curve when Combat Throttle is selected and Pinky Switch is Forward (Warthog).
  • Added option to map Flaps to Boat Switch when APPATH enabled (Warthog).

SA342 Gazelle:

• Updated X/Y axis shaping based on
  • Fixed NVG mapping.
  • Remapped NADIR keypad to a layout more representative of the actual NADIR.

Elite:

• Added Cougar functionality (H/T Dream).
  • Added autorepeat functionality to subsystem targeting with S3+H2L/R Long.

Hey there!

I'm back after a couple of years hiatus, this time learning F/A18C after my previous Mirage journey (not ended... but will pick up some time in the future)

I noticed a really minor error in the Warthog PDF: the Engine Crank positions are inverted, so Aft is left engine and Fwd is right engine in the profile.

Should I see additional issues I'll let you know!

I noticed a really minor error in the Warthog PDF: the Engine Crank positions are inverted, so Aft is left engine and Fwd is right engine in the profile.

Nice catch. I'll update the graphic.

Also, in F/A-18C the Dispenser Switch only updates the first time in the AMPCD SnapView. All subsequent changes of the switch are done but the SnapView doesn't update.

This is a known issue with no solution because the AMPCD DirectEntry SnapView holds the DX31+DX32 modifiers (allowing you to press the AMPCD buttons using your MFD if you only have 2 MFDs), and the countermeasure bypass switch uses the on else off switch logic that tends to break when modifiers are introduced. Best workaround is just to click the switch while using the SnapView and then use the Boat Switch when in a regular view.

EDIT: I've put in an option to disable the DirectEntry modifiers in the next version (for people with more than 2 MFDs).

Edited by Home Fries

I new to using tm profiles. I haven ’t.a.r.g.e.t. And saved and iirc ran the profile before I plugged in my cougar. Then I started target but it didn’t recognize the hotas or show the profile. Can someone help me get the profile loaded in the cougar so the horas emulates the rl hotas in the f-16?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I new to using tm profiles. I haven ’t.a.r.g.e.t. And saved and iirc ran the profile before I plugged in my cougar. Then I started target but it didn’t recognize the hotas or show the profile. Can someone help me get the profile loaded in the cougar so the horas emulates the rl hotas in the f-16?

Since you've been using the Cougar, I'm assuming you're familiar with Foxy and programming the EPROM on the Cougar. TARGET is completely different. You must have the TM controller already plugged in (so TARGET recognizes the device), then you load the profile. TARGET converts your physical controllers into a virtual controller (i.e. different Windows ID called Thrustmaster Combined instead of HOTAS Cougar), and it is this virtual controller that DCS recognizes.

So you need to 1) plug in the controller, 2) launch the TARGET profile, then 3) run DCS to configure everything (i.e. import the diff.luas).

To get my script to emulate the F-16, you must load the F-16 profile from the available profiles (i.e. most of the DCS aircraft). Read the Setup Guide PDF on how to do everything and it will become more clear.