Laser-guided bombs would not drop

GOAE

Hey guys, I encountered an issue in one of my sorties, but just one sortie thus far, where two symmetrical pylons of dual GBU-16s would not drop any of their bombs. I held the pickle button as the drop cue fell, and the vertical drop line flashed as if the bomb dropped while I was still holding the pickle button. I also saw the time to impact on the HUD counting down afterwards, but the bombs did not leave the pylons. I made multiple attempts with no success.

I distinctly remember each thing I double checked to verify that my airplane and munitions were in the correct configuration, and I also double checked to see if I had forgotten something with my wingman who was dropping the same bombs successfully. These are what I checked:

Master arm to ON.

In A/G master mode.

FLIR switch set to ON.

TGP done timing out.

LTD/R switch set to ARM.

LST NFLR switch set to ON.

Bomb mode set to AUTO.

Bomb MFUZ set to OFF.

Bomb EFUZ set to INST.

Both racks of bombs' laser codes were set to the same as the LTD/R.

The armament showed RDY at the top of the STORES page and was boxed.

The armament was not crossed out on the HUD.

Target was designated via TGP using TDC depress prior to flying towards the target.

I was sufficiently aligned and flying level at the time of drop.

I was flying at my loiter altitude and speed, I believe about 22k feet and mach 0.6.

I was not lasing at the time of drop, as I was going to lase ~15 seconds from impact, but I tested the laser between attempts and it turned on fine.

The mission has random system failures enabled, so I thought at the time it might have been the first significant random system failure I'd encountered thus far, but I found it odd that both pylons refused to drop their bombs. If it was a system failure, I'm curious as to what system failed that would have caused both pylons to be inoperable. Did the ground crew not properly prepare the bombs? Was the bombing computer itself faulty? Later on I believe I dropped some GPS-guided bombs without issue in the same aircraft without requesting a repair. I did not do any hard G-force maneuvers that might have damaged the bombs or pylons to my recollection.

I was encountering a few other desync issues in the same mission file but during multiple sessions, so it might have been a DCS bug. Harpoons seemed notably desynced even though we both seemed to be patched to the version that fixed the network trajectory; as the host, I'd see my friend's harpoon hit but they said they saw it miss and the battle assessment reflected that it did miss. As host I also saw both of the drogues pre-deployed on the KC-130 tanker even though my friend did not, and the drogues never moved on my screen and I'd clip through them when attempting to connect without contacting the tanker. After calling the tanker for contact my friend said he saw them deploy and then I could connect, though I had to rely on him to let me know when they were actually deployed for multiple sorties. Anyone else encounter such weird issues on the latest version? Seems since the anti-ship missiles were added DCS has been quite a bit buggier, but maybe my mission somehow got screwed up as well.

Sorry for packing so many questions into my post. Thanks in advance!

I had the same some days ago but after quite some troubleshooting and fiddling with settings and buttons I found that I accidently set the bomb quantity to 4 by just having 2. So either a stupid mistake by myself or it happend somehow. I'd recommend to check your weapons profile again carefully. Maybe this helps...

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5