Dimebug Free stencil A-10C cocpkit project

dimebug

If you don't update win 7 and mainboard for a long time, it is probably the main problem.

I think you have to look for HID drivers or USB drivers. I use Microsoft USB/HID driver 6.1.7601.17514

Is it and old mainboard?

Good luck

Strix

solved , i got an older USB/HID driver.

After a few flights on my cockpit, I got the feeling that there is something wrong with my cockpit. For starters, the Saitek pedals I have need to be as far-forward (towards me) as possible, else my shins would hit the front console when I put the brakes on. Also, my knees/legs would get in the way of my right arm.

I'm thinking maybe I need to lower the seat a bit more, but has anyone else had this problem like me?

- Ice

Sounds like you need to either raise the stick/lower the pedals. If you look at the real A-10, you'll notice that the pedal floor drops an inch or so lower than the rest of the floor.I've found that my knees are a little high at times, so I may move my seat back very slightly to drop them. I have found no issues with knee clearance on the front panel however.

476th vFG Alumni

Dont forget that pilots aren't very big/tall!

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

• 4 weeks later...

nice build. Since your not using alum panels (saving tones of money) how/where you printing out the panels for the sizes etc?

I mean id love alum panels but the cost doesn't add up with what a printed sheet w/lam would save in the budget.

What switches are you using? Mom-off /mom - off - mom? I think i'm overloaded with pitbuilder info ahah.

my goal is just to provide plans, stencil for those who want to built an A-10-C. I will not build it myself, i did the project for a Friend and decided to give the stencil to everyone. You're free to choose whatever build technic you want, basically what i offer is mainly the structure. For all others choices, level of realism ect.. it's up to you.

So people print the pdf files that i provide, as the part are scale 1/1, the hard thing is just to fine someone who have a large printer/plotter to print the files. Once done, you glue them on the wood and simply cut following drawing line. Check the first post of this topic to fine the part already available.

Edited by dimebug
  • Like 1

Hi Dimebug,

you're doing a hell of a job here! Great stuff! :thumbup:

There's one thing I noticed in you progress picture - the curve of the outer cockpit wall ends horizontal to the floor. If I look at pictures of the A-10, I'd say that the outer wall hits edge of the canopy frame at an angle of about 45 degrees an then there is a sharp edge. I hope I'm making sense here...

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
Dont forget that pilots aren't very big/tall!

Where are you getting this from?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Hi

do you know (i'm sure you are) what are the real MFD dimensions?

ThrustMaster MFD Cougar are too small to be placed on the front console.

i like to create my own MFD frame following the real size +-.

Thanks

Avi

First time poster, long time lurker here. Hopefully I can give something back to this great community.

I can usually find just about any info on these forums, however the MFCD's dimensions don't seem to be available. Tracking the manufacturer was surprisingly hard, however I think this is the one.

Hope it helps.

5x5-amlcd.pdf

First time poster, long time lurker here. Hopefully I can give something back to this great community.

I can usually find just about any info on these forums, however the MFCD's dimensions don't seem to be available. Tracking the manufacturer was surprisingly hard, however I think this is the one.

Hope it helps.

This is great file !!! the funny thing is, i am scrolling the page down and see "Elbit System":megalol: this was my first response.

This Company is 2 blocks from my work building, in the same Haifa Industry area called MaTaM. and i have some friends there.

again thanks for this document it surly can help.

Avi

• 2 weeks later...