Dimebug Free stencil A-10C cocpkit project

dimebug

Bump! Figured out the angles on the bits I needed, starting work on the front panel itself. However, I find this a bit... bare with regards to measurements and angles. Also looking for measurements of the panels (AHCP, engine instruments, etc.) on the front panel, how big are they? Spacing?

- Ice

The AHCP is 6.5x4 inches, and the engine instruments are the same height. I've been measuring the screen, and taking the measurements I do know to make ratios for more general dimensions. You'll have to search a bit, I know some of the dimensions are on here.

476th vFG Alumni

No worries there, I was just surprised that there weren't any dimensions/measurements for these, considering how anal-retentively accurate the other PDFs were. :D

I'm not necessarily making the front panel instruments yet, but was hoping for the info so that I can structure my LCD supports properly. Oh well, I guess I can revise them later as I build the front panel... or maybe even build a different panel entirely and just swap it 'round once that's done.

- Ice

No worries there, I was just surprised that there weren't any dimensions/measurements for these, considering how anal-retentively accurate the other PDFs were. :D

I'm not necessarily making the front panel instruments yet, but was hoping for the info so that I can structure my LCD supports properly. Oh well, I guess I can revise them later as I build the front panel... or maybe even build a different panel entirely and just swap it 'round once that's done.

Check out http://www.strandedduckling.com/html/instrumentpanel.html for measurements of an A-10A MIP frame.

Yeah i saw that one on ebay and it looks like it landed on the side of a mountain and rolled all the way down :lol:

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

Here are some glareshield details

Dime, this is awesome! Any ideas how to get the curved sides out of wood? If I had aluminum I could do it easily, but I don't, and have no clue where to get any and how to work with it.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Yeah i saw that one on ebay and it looks like it landed on the side of a mountain and rolled all the way down :lol:

Oh Im sure it wound up at the bottom of the mountain with someone still attached. But think of the "Awesome factor"...how many ppl you know have an ejection seat that was only used once? :music_whistling:

to curve the wood, there's several ways to do it. Put the wood in warm water for few time, fix it to the flat surface then start to fix it to the curved zone. Fix it every 2 cm (or 1 inch) until you reach the end of the curve. Once done let it dry or use something producing very warm air to dry it. It should stay in place. Aluminium may be much easier.

• Like 1

little picture of the stick extension :

It's not the best looking one or strong as steel but it cost 15 € of parts... and everybody can build it

1007211p.jpg

it's made with this PVC tube, the main tube is blended after been heated, you're watching the first try, cold be done with a better final aspect. The parts used to link the Joystick parts are modified garden water tube connectors :

1007212q.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello. Im trying to replicate your Warthog extension but I cannot find a water tube connector with the same diameter as the Warthog's joystick. I have been told that water tube connectors use standard diameters and the Warthog's diameter is between the 1" and the 1" 1/4 standard tube connector diameters.

Any thoughts?

I would also like to thank you for your free stencils. You have done a great work for the flightsimming comunity.

Heheh...

I did not rush with mine! Only worked on it every second day at most :cry:

I use GP-Wiz 40! And I have 3 of them now!!!

But I DONT use any potentiometers, because I don't know how to....:helpsmilie:

I would like to use pots, but I need help to do it.

Hi Strix, it's looks great.

i have a Q regarding to GP-Wiz 40.

it's nice board but it is not working on my win7 64bit only on win7 32bit.

did you checked it already ?

let me know please if its working for you on win7 64bit.

or if there is an firmware update for it....

i got 2 boards (not used) and i'm not going to install win7 32 bit.

Thanks,

Avi

Hi Strix, it's looks great.

i have a Q regarding to GP-Wiz 40.

it's nice board but it is not working on my win7 64bit only on win7 32bit.

did you checked it already ?

let me know please if its working for you on win7 64bit.

or if there is an firmware update for it....

i got 2 boards (not used) and i'm not going to install win7 32 bit.

Thanks,

Avi

Hi!

No problems with my Win 7/64bits!

It loads the drivers and it works fine.

I have not installed any other drivers, so I am not sure what your problem is...

Do you update win7 anything?

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Hi!

No problems with my Win 7/64bits!

It loads the drivers and it works fine.

I have not installed any other drivers, so I am not sure what your problem is...

Do you update win7 anything?

Strix

first thing i did when got the card is plug it in to see how its been i dent by windows.

win didn't found it.

i did the same with my living room pc (win7 32bit) it was found with no problem.

so I figured that's the problem.

i will try update me drivers /main board too.

Thanks

Avi

If you don't update win 7 and mainboard for a long time, it is probably the main problem.

I think you have to look for HID drivers or USB drivers. I use Microsoft USB/HID driver 6.1.7601.17514

Is it and old mainboard?

Good luck

Strix

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Dimebug, I've been meaning to mention this for a while but kept forgetting. Whether you care or not is a different story but the side consoles, in reality, aren't sloped like you have them. They would be parallel to the floor, vs the slight upward slope you have designed into them.

Also as a general FYI, the throttle panel / quadrant is angled up 7 degrees from the rear section of the console (LASTE Panel, radios, etc) in actuality.

K