DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

This last stable update killed my control setups and server list. Why this? It is a way to avoid this?

I also got a crash. And I don’t get a check back response. It is like is not working properly.

Honestly the How do updates in this mod should be improved

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm having a problem hosting the SRS server. After I start my DCS server, I go back to the desktop and run the SRS server. A small window pops up, showing the number of connected clients, etc., all good. Only 10 seconds later this window disappears. The SRS server is shut down and no SRS available for the players. Happens sometimes, not all the time. However, it's been the case for a week now. Any hints, please?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I have a complex setup with many USB devices, auto hot key scripts, dwvac.

But when I fly with srs on, I get a weird symptom where when I hold a ptt button for more than 3 seconds, my in game view changes to f10 map view.

I can change the configuration of my stuff to deconflict but I don't even know where to start understanding what are is doing that's conflicting. Does it bind any key or joystick buttons? Change any DCs control configurations? Simulate any keystrokes? Could an srs setting be involved?

Would love to get this stable as it's an AMAZING product.

SRS just reads inputs - it doesn't simulate them so it sounds like something else causing that.

Try unbinding whatever control you have for the map and see if it still triggers or try unbinding all SRS controls and seeing what happens

If no controls are bound in SRS and it still occurs, it's not SRS

This last stable update killed my control setups and server list. Why this? It is a way to avoid this?

I also got a crash. And I don’t get a check back response. It is like is not working properly.

Honestly the How do updates in this mod should be improved

SRS update should never clear the server list - it's in a CSV which as long as you don't delete will always stay across updates.

The last update 1.5.3.3 was a bad one and may have broken controls, but 1.5.3.4 which was released an hour after put it back. Generally updates are stable so this is pretty rare :)

Are you sure you haven't accidentally deleted your .cfg file and CSV file or loaded SRS from a different location than normal? If you did that it wouldn't find the cfg and CSV.

For more support, please go to the discord

I'm having a problem hosting the SRS server. After I start my DCS server, I go back to the desktop and run the SRS server. A small window pops up, showing the number of connected clients, etc., all good. Only 10 seconds later this window disappears. The SRS server is shut down and no SRS available for the players. Happens sometimes, not all the time. However, it's been the case for a week now. Any hints, please?
We've got 3 running for weeks now on BlueFlag so this sounds odd. Are you sure you aren't launching a second instance and so the ports are conflicting? Either way please go to discord for support and upload logs there

Discord https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The latest version of SRS is not working for me. I've honed down the issue to the Export.lua file. If I remove my Ikarus script it works fine otherwise it does not work.

I can connect but no frequencies will display on the overlay unless i comment out or remove Ikarus.

here is my file:

--IKARUS

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]]))

--SRS

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

The latest version of SRS is not working for me. I've honed down the issue to the Export.lua file. If I remove my Ikarus script it works fine otherwise it does not work.

I can connect but no frequencies will display on the overlay unless i comment out or remove Ikarus.

here is my file:

Is ikarus actually working? Likelihood is that it's erroring so SRS fails to load.

SRS tries to be a good citizen, as long as others write their export.lua in a way to not conflict it should work fine.

For example, SRS works with TacView without issue

Feel free to get me on the discord and upload your dcs.logs and the ikarus export and I'll see what the error is

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New RELEASE Version - 1.5.3.5

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE with 1.5.2.0 - Servers and clients must be on 1.5.3.1 or newer

SERVER OWNERS - You need to open an extra TCP port for SRS to work and its +1 above your normal server port. I.e if you run a server on 5002 you need to open port 5002 and 5003 for TCP

AutoConnect Script must be in Saved GamesDCSScriptsHooks now instead of just Scripts folder. Just create a hooks folder in Scripts folder if you dont have one

KNOWN BUG

If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

Changelog

• Added connection status indicators - Now tracks game export and game gui broadcasts to signal fully working DCS connection as well as VOIP and Server TCP connection status
  • EAM name should no longer be overwritten
  • Fixed for concurrent access bug causing excessive logging
  • Added Yak 52 support and expansion radios - Requires always allow SRS hotkeys to be on to be used for expansion radios
  • Added expansion radios to L39 - Requires always allow SRS hotkeys to be on to be used
  • Added basic log rotate
  • Improved Installer Saved Games checker logic to make sure saved games folder is used

DCS / VR Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

So I get the right channel frequencies. I can see when other people are talking through the dB level but I hear nothing over my headphones. Not sure why I can't hear others on the server.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

So I get the right channel frequencies. I can see when other people are talking through the dB level but I hear nothing over my headphones. Not sure why I can't hear others on the server.
You don't have the right output device selected. Use preview audio and try a few different ones until you get the right one :)

Quick question, I've setup my server/srs with irl raddio tx/rx behaviour ON but get no such effect in comms. Sounds nice and clear though! Anything I could check to get this working?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Quick question, I've setup my server/srs with irl raddio tx/rx behaviour ON but get no such effect in comms. Sounds nice and clear though! Anything I could check to get this working?

Double check that you installed SRS with the installer and you are launching the client from the installation directory (Program files /SRS for example, not the extracted zip.

The sound files are added by the installer into the correct location so this points to an installation error.

What is the radio filename needed for the Spitfire variants?

It is not clear to me which row they belong to in the frequency spreadsheet, there isn't a row for the spitfires afaict..

The spitfire has a real radio onboard so those are set in the mission editor settings for each aircraft

There are expansion radios available and can be enabled serverside that can have channel files created for them, the file needs to be named after the radio.

Thx Ciribob! Will test out and make sure launching from correct location.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Unable to connect Multiplayer

Apologies if this has been raised before, but after installing SRS I'm unable to connect to multiplayer servers.

Once I installed SRS - using the automatic installer, when I tried to connect to both AEF 161 sqn servers, using VR, it sits on the aircraft selection screen for a minute or so, then all the options disappear and all that is left is the hangar with the SU aircraft.

I have tried three times to connect to the two servers, rebooting after each attempt. I then removed SRS, rebooted PC, and connected to multiplayer server.

Any thoughts?

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

Apologies if this has been raised before, but after installing SRS I'm unable to connect to multiplayer servers.

Once I installed SRS - using the automatic installer, when I tried to connect to both AEF 161 sqn servers, using VR, it sits on the aircraft selection screen for a minute or so, then all the options disappear and all that is left is the hangar with the SU aircraft.

I have tried three times to connect to the two servers, rebooting after each attempt. I then removed SRS, rebooted PC, and connected to multiplayer server.

Any thoughts?

I've seen VR users using SRS without issue as well as a large number of non VR including myself so this sounds pretty odd.

Would you mind jumping on discord and giving all the information listed in the support pinned message?

https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

SRS only uses the export and gamegui interface so has no way of interfering with multiplayer at all so sounds like it's something else conflicting.

When you connected to multiplayer was SRS client running?

If you have an older pc, like me, I have to quit every program, Dropbox, chrome, SRS etc to get into multiplayer.

I just installed 1.5.3.5, but I dont get any option to adjust microphone boost. Is that intended?

1576864283_srsinterface.jpg.c97af3f7813c988f6d6833376f16c6f7.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I just installed 1.5.3.5, but I dont get any option to adjust microphone boost. Is that intended?
Yes, SRS has autogain since a couple Versions.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ah ok. Doesnt work to well on my side. Picks up everything. Typing is loud as f***, and I have very faint music playing in the background (tv), causing all kind of havoc to the audio. Been sitting with it for a few min now, and as soon as I stop talking into the mic, gain picks up on the music and wind (window open). Its constantly increasing gain, to pick up the faint background music and wind.

Mind you, Im just using the Audio Preview. So using PTT might help a lot, since it will only adjust for speech then?

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Ah ok. Doesnt work to well on my side. Picks up everything. Typing is loud as f***, and I have very faint music playing in the background (tv), causing all kind of havoc to the audio. Been sitting with it for a few min now, and as soon as I stop talking into the mic, gain picks up on the music and wind (window open). Its constantly increasing gain, to pick up the faint background music and wind.

Mind you, Im just using the Audio Preview. So using PTT might help a lot, since it will only adjust for speech then?

Yep, preview is the same, for me. Much too sensitive.

In DCS with PTT it works pretty well.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yep, preview is the same, for me. Much too sensitive.

In DCS with PTT it works pretty well.

Thx, then Ill dare to use it. Cause as I heard it in Audio Preview, there was no way I would connect and blast peoples ears out :)

Thx, then Ill dare to use it. Cause as I heard it in Audio Preview, there was no way I would connect and blast peoples ears out :)

Dont worry too much about the preview - the auto gain is trying its hardest to get the volume to a certain level - so if you're not speaking it'll boost background noise etc - then filter that out when you talk or another louder sound is heard.

When you press the PTT it'll come out fine while talking and then slowly gain up the rest of the picked up audio if you don't say anything.

I got my view-changing issue resolved. It was not srss bug at all, sorry!!

I use viice attack and there was overlap of the ptt keys, so activating the radios ptt also activated vac, and then it was listening to whatever I said and pressing keys on me which was usually an F key and the view changed.

So totally my fault. Amazing project, thanks!

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Depending on realism settings (filter, radio noise etc.) you need to adjust the "Speaker boost" after connecting the first time.

It can be necessary to reduce the volume of DCS compared to SRS. I recommend to set "Hear like in helmet" as well.

Basically the autogain should level all participants to a -6 or -3dB (?) volume regardless of hardware and sensitivity. You just need to adjust how loud you want to hear them compared to DCS and other applications.

Only difference are the realistic filters and radio effects, as they reduce the overall volume and thus you need to increase your speaker boost more.

Shagrat

Is there a chance that SRS causes problems with dcs and crashes I'm kind of skeptical and want to make sure its easy to install,use and uninstall if there is problems.

There is always a chance a program causes a problem, however this is current SRS usage - around 16K unique users in the last 28 days - so fine for them

If you need help - get me on Discord https://discord.gg/ya6hyue

Try it - and see how you get on is all I can say :)

Can't get SRS Overlay to work since newest version, used to be LCtrl-ESC.

Did I miss anything?

Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

See https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

315279216_Screenshot2018-08-1021_40_56.thumb.png.9c83f24fbdb8fffd1f6f24aab1b27e20.png