DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Gnaw... I think this one is a real reality in the making and most likely a early release???? and work in progress? It's an important part of the Hornet and they also wish to upgrade some Russian Carrier for the SU, so I think it's a reality benchmark in the works if I had to bet on it.

Russian Carrier forces are mostly non-existent in reality.

I'd be surprised if there is much of a push to get an advanced Russian CV in-game, certainly not its own standalone module.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

;)

It's not possible for something to be "(…) mostly non-existent in reality"

Things either exist - or they don't...

Things can be common or rare, but to be either of those things they have to actually exist.

The single instance of a Russian carrier that exists in reality is in the game.

Remember though that the Chines also have one refurbished Russian carrier in service (the Liaoning), and 2 more on the same pattern on the way - all flying J-15 reversed engineered Su33, so the current Kuz / Su-33 combo stands as a prototype for 4 similar classed vessels & airwings. That's as many for the type as were built of the Forrestal class carriers.

Cheers.

I'd be surprised if there is much of a push to get an advanced Russian CV in-game, certainly not its own standalone module.

The in-game Kuznetsov will undergo a revamp after the Supercarrier project it completed, according to various ED personnel, along with a new Burke DD.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

i hope they will add wet deck textures when it is raining

stern-view-of-the-forrestal-class-aircraft-carrier-uss-saratoga-cv-60-returning-2bfcee-1600.jpg

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team

Hi all,

we are planning to update you all soon about the super carrier.

Look for news towards the end of October start of November.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all,

thanks

Awesome!

I´m eager for this module.

Thank you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

i hope they will add wet deck textures when it is raining

stern-view-of-the-forrestal-class-aircraft-carrier-uss-saratoga-cv-60-returning-2bfcee-1600.jpg

+ 1.

Good Morning,

To all, first of all, thank you for the decision to embark on this project and you wish them the best of all, it is something we look forward to.

I would like to check if some of these features are included?

1. Wet cover on rainy days.

2. 3D model and real behavior similar to the arresting cable when caught by the tail hook.

3. Long and visible wake produced by the ship.

4. Appropriate behavior of the Meet ball in piching decks.

5. The last one, it has nothing to do with the carrier, it is about the hornet. and it's just a constructive query. when watching videos (many of them) the behavior (balance, rebound, inclination) of the hornet and its damping system is seen to behave much more unstable and violent when landing on the deck, currently the model seems to be very flat and smooth. Have you thought about a review of this ?, I thought I saw it somewhere, I just wanted to know if they share the same appreciation when watching real hornet videos hitting the deck.

Greetings !, I hope my consultations are constructive and I wish you the best.

Hi all,

thanks

Looking forward to this. For years.. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

+ 1.

Good Morning,

To all, first of all, thank you for the decision to embark on this project and you wish them the best of all, it is something we look forward to.

I would like to check if some of these features are included?

2. 3D model and real behavior similar to the arresting cable when caught by the tail hook.

5. The last one, it has nothing to do with the carrier, it is about the hornet. and it's just a constructive query. when watching videos (many of them) the behavior (balance, rebound, inclination) of the hornet and its damping system is seen to behave much more unstable and violent when landing on the deck, currently the model seems to be very flat and smooth. Have you thought about a review of this ?, I thought I saw it somewhere, I just wanted to know if they share the same appreciation when watching real hornet videos hitting the deck.

Greetings !, I hope my consultations are constructive and I wish you the best.

Good points all. Necessary, I would say. And I agree on 5. as well. Landings should feel more "crashy", they're way too smooth now. Not only in the Hornet, in everything. It's just especially visible in the Hornet, since carrier landings are quite bumpy.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Good points all. Necessary, I would say. And I agree on 5. as well. Landings should feel more "crashy", they're way too smooth now. Not only in the Hornet, in everything. It's just especially visible in the Hornet, since carrier landings are quite bumpy.

+1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

In Wag's AMA, he mentioned we will be able to walk to the jet. Even though this is still a vague statement, this is GREAT news to me. I cannot wait to finally get the FULL picture of ED's plans/implementation for this module. As a developer, I know what you plan on doing cannot always be implemented.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

In Wag's AMA, he mentioned we will be able to walk to the jet. Even though this is still a vague statement, this is GREAT news to me. I cannot wait to finally get the FULL picture of ED's plans/implementation for this module. As a developer, I know what you plan on doing cannot always be implemented.

Walking on the carrier module has been a "old" feature planned to the Carrier modules on 2016, when ED talk "officialy" about them.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2659915&postcount=14

We see 2016 as a big year for aircraft carrier operations as we plan to release both Nimitz-class aircraft carrier and Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier modules. Both of these modules will be incredibly detailed models with working elevators, interior hanger bays, animated ship systems, and the ability to walk around inside the ships. These will be optional modules that would replace the existing ships currently in DCS World.

Walking on the carrier module has been a "old" feature planned to the Carrier modules on 2016, when ED talk "officialy" about them.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2659915&postcount=14

Thanks Silver Dragon,

Do you have information if the plans for the carrier include some of this?

REGARDS

Thanks Silver Dragon,

Do you have information if the plans for the carrier include some of this?

Wet surfaces has "planned" on DCS some time ago when make progress on weather engine improvements.

About Carrier module, a new 3D model coming.

Wet surfaces has "planned" on DCS some time ago when make progress on weather engine improvements.

About Carrier module, a new 3D model coming.

Thanks,

There is some information about the CARRIER in the Mudpikes interview to WAGS (oct.2019)

With regards to hints of a squadron room in the upcoming super carrier module – can you please elaborate a little more on the features especially in regards to multiplayer? Have you thought about integrating common online collaboration technology for briefing/debriefing like showing slides or even providing templates for common briefing topics?

While still very much subject to change, the Supercarrier briefing room is designed to allow players to view the briefing, arm their jets, watch the PLAT CAM, and walk to the jet. This Briefing room will not be delivered during the early access period.

https://www.mudspike.com/mudspike-ama-with-eagle-dynamics-senior-producer-matt-wagner/