something in exporting MDI AMPCD was fixed in latetst :)

majapahit

Something got fixes in the latest 2.5.2.19157.408

"MDI's blank when trying to export to other displays - fixed."

(can't resize yet, I think)

I'm using triple screen and 1 screen underneath width = 5760 height = 2160

using the mods that specify a specific MFCD name in the Multipurpose_Display_Group *init.lua that translate to the <monitorsetup>.lua

Looks great

Screen_180704_215142.thumb.jpg.163df8a9d2e6a19789b00035b3d3c7aa.jpg

Screen_180704_215206.thumb.jpg.641b81c62f2cab48e60a9029e91d864e.jpg

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Know what the default name for the AMPCD for the lua?

":\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init.lua"

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18_AMPCD")

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I got it to work with LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD but the lines/font on the DDIs seems to thick and blurry. It is very hard to read. Anybody knows what to do with that ?

":\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\materials.lua"

dim Intensity

-- MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.HUD] = {2, 255, 20, 255} -- <<<

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.HUD] = {65, 190, 65, 148}

and

-- MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI] = {94, 202, 0, 255} -- MDI original -- <<<

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI] = {65, 190, 65, 148}

format is

- (R,B,G,intensity)

helps (get rid of the glow), too low will become transparent (~135)

Edited by majapahit

thats not a fix. still blurry

Running a 4k screen by any chance?

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Know what the default name for the AMPCD for the lua?

Same problem here.

LEFT_MFCD

RIGHT_MFCD

These work like they are supposed to.

However I cannot get the AMPCD to show. I've tried the following so far..

F18_AMPCD

F18_MPCD

AMPCD

MPCD

Cheers,

TNi

Using the Zeen *init.lua

added is

------------------------ added by Capt Zeen

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

------------------------------------- end of added by Capt Zeen

AMPCD_init.lua

Using the Zeen *init.lua

added is

------------------------ added by Capt Zeen

------------------------------------- end of added by Capt Zeen

Thanks!

I'll try that.

This worked perfectly!!

TNI

Edited by TNi

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks!

I'll try that.

This worked perfectly!!

TNI

Is this the only way to do so? After every update I have to redo and it´ll be more practical to have it like the DDI/MFCD´s in the monitor setup only. Maybe we simply have to wait.....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Is this the only way to do so? After every update I have to redo and it´ll be more practical to have it like the DDI/MFCD´s in the monitor setup only. Maybe we simply have to wait.....

make your own JSGME mod

create directory in JSGME mod directory

add edited file

apply

before update revert

after update apply

is how I run my 10 mods

Thanks. Sounds easy but I didn't create an own one so far. I will give it a try. I use OVGME but should be similar, right? I simply need to use the correct folder structure?!

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Thanks. Sounds easy but I didn't create an own one so far. I will give it a try. I use OVGME but should be similar, right? I simply need to use the correct folder structure?!

Xoxen

Yep.

<Modsfolder>\<name mod>\<dcs_sub_dir\dir\dir\dir\edited file>

and this will show up in your mod management prog

Good morning Pilots

A general Question, as i have decided to make now a simpit instead of using helios and i need to export various things like RWR, Fuel Panel and HSi

must i then go to the corresponding init.lua and add the following line with the corresponding text like ("F18_AMPCD") ?:

Would it then just be ("IFFEI") ("RWR") ("HSI") ?

or ar the names different?

Thanks to all help

Cheers Evilfisher

@Xoxen we can do this when you are back in Teamspeak.

Tried to create a Mod for it and it works like charm. Thanks for the advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guide to extract MFCD, AMPCD Kneeboard on the external monitors or tablet/iPad

I attached you the guide, both in Italian and in English, which combines all the different posts and the suggestions to extract the MFCD, the AMPCD and the Kneeboard on the external monitors. (without Helios)

It is still required a manual modification of the configuration of the screens.

Moreover, there are also two mods ready to be used. The Kneeboard one may need to be modified manually.

DESCRIPTION

2 Guides (English-Italiano),

2 lua examples of multi-monitor setup (Mie3Schermi.lua, Mie4Schermi.lua)

2 lua examples mods (_Bat Miei MFD ESTRATTI FA-18C, _Bat My Kneeboard)

MFCD-EXTRACTION.zip

Edited by BATCARLO
too long title
  • Like 1

I attached you the guide, both in Italian and in English, which combines all the different posts and the suggestions to extract the MFCD, the AMPCD and the Kneeboard on the external monitors. (without Helios)

Moreover, there are also two mods ready to be used. The Kneeboard one may need to be modified manually.

DESCRIPTION

Excellent guide, thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DESCRIPTION

Many thanks for this.

I have one problem, I am running 5760 x 2160 over four screens arranged in a T-shaped three-over-one (central) in three separate 1920 x 2160 viewports so that I get the instruments in the lower central screen. It is the best balance I can get for performance without using four 1920x1080 viewports. Of course that means that the image is being generated in the areas where I do not have lower side screens so when I use your method I get the MDI on the Tablet with the game background. Is there a way to black out the background. Also is there a way to include the buttons?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

@klem

I have one problem, I am running 5760 x 2160 over four screens arranged in a T-shaped three-over-one (central) in three separate 1920 x 2160 viewports so that I get the instruments in the lower central screen. It is the best balance I can get for performance without using four 1920x1080 viewports. Of course that means that the image is being generated in the areas where I do not have lower side screens so when I use your method I get the MDI on the Tablet with the game background. Is there a way to black out the background. Also is there a way to include the buttons?

I think the only way to black out the background, is to exclude the MDI from the viewport of the game.

But the MDI must be included within the overall resolution of DCS.

I do not think it's possible to export the buttons too.

Could you send me your screen configuration file, your global resolution set in DCS, and an image of your four screens while DCS is running?

Edited by BATCARLO

• 1 month later...

DESCRIPTION

Thanks a lot! It works perfectly! :thumbup:

• 5 weeks later...

DESCRIPTION

Thanks for the guide but it seems I'm missing something. When I put my personal monitor setup .lua file in my own folder (as per instructions) the name doesn't show up in the DCs config menu. Also putting the file in the main DCs folder has no effect?