F16 brakes pressure

JRM

Hi.

Anyones knows how to increase brake pressure in order to take off instantly after throttle 100% with brakes applied withouth aircraf movement.

Wanting also to apply more presure to the brakes when landing in order to stop the aircraft in a very small runway.

Editing lua files is the most precise option, in you know a way please let me know.

I know that is not realistic but at the end is just a game!

The brakes are what they are. They are pretty weak, so you just have to learn to deal with them. Although on landing, you can pitch up on the runway about 5 to 10 degrees attitude until 130kts, which basically makes your plane a massive airbrake. After that you nose down and continue to slow down with brakes. It really shortens your braking distance.

The brakes are what they are. They are pretty weak, so you just have to learn to deal with them...

Nevertheless it should be noticed that the brakes on the real F-16 are noticeable more effective than on the present DCS version.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Nevertheless it should be noticed that the brakes on the real F-16 are noticeable more effective than on the present DCS version.

I think the brakes/sticking to the ground is more of persistent and universal DCS physics engine problem. (Deck sliding F18's etc)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The secret is to apply a bit of that superglue-grass to the tires then you decelerate at 20g.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Are all modules affected by the deck sliding 'solution'?

Based on what I've heard, some are more than others. Its also why some taxing in some modules has to be done at unrealistically high thrust.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

More effective if you turn off anti skid but that's likely to brings its own problems. (and might fade fast, I have not tested that)

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

More effective if you turn off anti skid but that's likely to brings its own problems.

Why should the brakes be more effective with anti-skid off?

That's one of the DCS problems. There's virtually no difference in stopping distance, with anti-skid on or with locked wheels.

Why should the brakes be more effective with anti-skid off?

That's one of the DCS problems. There's virtually no difference in stopping distance, with anti-skid on or with locked wheels.

Maybe it depends on your meaning of effective but they just have more bite. Or rather there is more wheel revolutions of braking instead of release to prevent lockup/skid.

Edited by CobaltUK

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

Some more bite would be nice. Even with aerobraking down to 90kts I nearly run out of runway at Nellis and have to slam the brakes.

Wha? How heavy are you landing and are you aerobraking correctly because Nellis should be EASY to get it stopped in. I can land it at Novo which is barely 6000ft, 10000ft of Nellis shouldn't require any heavy braking.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

You have just to do as "nicktune1219" said.Below a video to show that is not a kidding.:smilewink:

If you need something from interior cockpit send me a PM,please.

Your video is again a rock solid proof showing that DCS totally fails at simulating anti skid.

More effective if you turn off anti skid but that's likely to brings its own problems. (and might fade fast, I have not tested that)

Doesn't work anyway as can be seen on the video. That's also the reason the braking effectiveness is so dissatisfying.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Maybe it depends on your meaning of effective but they just have more bite. Or rather there is more wheel revolutions of braking instead of release to prevent lockup/skid.

And how do you know without anti skid when the wheels start to lock up?

Your video is again a rock solid proof showing that DCS totally fails at simulating anti skid.

Doesn't work anyway as can be seen on the video. That's also the reason the braking effectiveness is so dissatisfying.

First learn to land as it should :

Landing AoA IS too much (you know why that tone is on on landing don’t you?)

Speedbrakes not in override after nosewheel is on ground

No backpressure on stick during roll out. (Using horizontals as speedbrake)

You can start braking in 2 point attitude

2nd landing is worse

Edited by Bouli306

Wha? How heavy are you landing and are you aerobraking correctly because Nellis should be EASY to get it stopped in. I can land it at Novo which is barely 6000ft, 10000ft of Nellis shouldn't require any heavy braking.

I only had 1 Sidewinder and a centerline tank, total 6,000lbs fuel I think. Touched down somewhere in the tire marks of the TD zone on-speed AoA, aerobraked to about 90kts (memory is fuzzy at this point), waited until about 70kts or so to start breaking. Had to slam on the breaks to get down to 20kts and exit on the last taxiway at the threshold.

~6,000lbs fuel, 2x empty bags, 2xAIM9 2xAIM120, TPOD, boards out all through approach.

Touchdown on-speed AoA (13 degrees) 150kts on the captains bars right after the arresting cable. Full aft stick just to keep the nose up with 11 degrees AoA. Ease the nose down at 100kts, rubber meets tarmac 97kts. Immediately start breaking with about half pressure. Slowed to 20kts by the time I reached the captain bars on the opposite end of the runway.

Seems like a long rollout. I get roughly the same rollout in a light Hornet, planting all three gear down and slamming the brakes. Should I be slamming the brakes in the Viper as well? In other modules that has typically given me blown tires.

That's exactly how the manual describes the short field technique. Apply max wheel braking and aerobraking at the same time.

You pull back on the stick to keep the nose up while you wheel brake. When the nose finally drops your stick should already be firmly at full nose up deflection.

You modulate the brake pressure to control how hard the nose comes down, because the reduction in down force from the elevators is a function of the decreasing airspeed.. the nose doesn't really slam anyways.

That's how it's done.

With 2000lbs left and just sidewinders I brought the F-16C to a full stop on 2L in Jean, NV (0L7). That runway is 4600ft long at an elevation of 2835ft MSL. I estimate my landing distance (ground roll) at less than 4100 ft.