Supercarrier Price

joojoo

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can give 100$ but release him as soon as possible! :D

+1!! :)

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

HB will release their own carrier for free for Tomcat owners with less details and features than the supercarrier.

What I don't understand is why Hornet owners expect an extra discount? I mean, who else do they expect to buy the Supercarrier, MIG-17 owners? :D

New module = work = time = money. That's how I see it. I've spent furtunes on DCS already, but I realize that's what it costs, and I have no regrets.

Maybe because Hornet players have been in Early release for nearly 2 years and still don`t have a lot of basic functionality? This is DCS` way of saying sorry?

Maybe because Hornet players have been in Early release for nearly 2 years and still don`t have a lot of basic functionality? This is DCS` way of saying sorry?

Those people have already proven that they'll throw lots of money at a half-baked product. Why would they give an extra discount to the customers that care about it the least?

It's just fun to watch the perks of buying the Hornet turn into an empty sales pitch when it comes down to it.

• ED Team
I think the confusion is whether or not there be a better than 30% discount for Hornet owners during the pre-order period. The news letter info you repeated is ambiguous.

We understand but it could not be helped.

We will have a lot more detail in the next newsletter.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I haven't seen ED apologize for much about the hornet honestly. More like Don't buy it if you don't like it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I find it hard to believe that it couldn't be helped. ED chooses how to run its business and apparently has chosen to be ambiguous.

Or they don't know all the answers yet either. The amount of hand holding people request from the Devs here on a regular basis is shocking considering the mature nature of flight simulators.

They said we still have months to wait before it gets released, It's hard to imagine we won't get all these questions answered by then. Especially when we get a newsletter EVERY weekend.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Or they don't know all the answers yet either. The amount of hand holding people request from the Devs here on a regular basis is shocking considering the mature nature of flight simulators.

They said we still have months to wait before it gets released, It's hard to imagine we won't get all these questions answered by then. Especially when we get a newsletter EVERY weekend.

This. They will sort it out, I don't think they expected some of the responses they got, so back to the drawing board for them, and we get an update in a week or whatnot.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This is business information that ED should at least has an idea about already. Most businesses say NOTHING about pricing until it is approved by someone with authority.

I'm empathetic with Nineline and Bignewy because they may not actually know. The are probably not involved in all the business meetings that go on. Also ED doesn't need help from the community defending themselves. They should be plenty callussed and have a lifetime supply of asbestos underwear on hand. And they wear big boy pants.

I've seen emo teens that were less emo than the grown (adults?) complaining about unreleased modules. THEY TELL US ALL THIS STUFF BEFORE EACH MODULE RELEASE. Like literally every time, we know what it includes and how much it costs. There is no reason to think otherwise. Pissing and whining because an unreleased product is not deluging you with info is ridiculous.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

What I don't understand is why Hornet owners expect an extra discount? I mean, who else do they expect to buy the Supercarrier, MIG-17 owners? :D

We can land this bad boy soon!

https://www.vnao-cvw-7.com/

I think the Discount for Hornets isnt just about being nice to Hornet pilots. It makes business sense to try and sell Hornets as well as carriers.

To your point. Which other module owners are going to buy the Carrier Module if they can't use it, which is what I asked in the other thread? I'm willing to say that the majority of Tomcat Owners also have the Hornet. Therefor if all the potential buyers get a discount then no-one gets a discount. If anything it should be the other way around. People buying the carrier to support ED should get a discount, since they can't use it.

It is not rocket science.

1. It will be released sometime in the future when it is ready to be, by the end of Q1 2020 according to the news release.

2. The price is yet to be announced.

3. A pre order discount will be offered.

4. F-18 module owners will be offered a discount but not as well as the pre order discount.

What else would you exactly like to know? What colour underwear the chief developer wears on a Tuesday maybe? ED give out far more info and give it out on a far more regular basis than many others. Yes they are trying to sell a product to a niche and smaller market than the likes of Codemasters etc, but cut them a break, flaming them does noone any good.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

To your point. Which other module owners are going to buy the Carrier Module if they can't use it, which is what I asked in the other thread? I'm willing to say that the majority of Tomcat Owners also have the Hornet. Therefor if all the potential buyers get a discount then no-one gets a discount. If anything it should be the other way around. People buying the carrier to support ED should get a discount, since they can't use it.

The top line of my comment was someone elses quote i messed up!

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

4. F-18 module owners will be offered a discount but not as well as the pre order discount.

This is an assumption, it was not stated in the news letter. Based on past history I would say you have a better 50% chance of being right, but it is still an assumption. And ED's choice to not state their full intentions yet is their prerogative.

9L, Bignewy - you guys have been incredibly patient with the useless comments about "whiners" that don't add anything at all to a discussion or address customer concerns.

This is an assumption, it was not stated in the news letter. Based on past history I would say you have a better 50% chance of being right, but it is still an assumption. And ED's choice to not state their full intentions yet is their prerogative.

Nineline confirmed this on Discord.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

We should have everything pricing and discount wise clarified in the next newsletter.

Thanks ED. Anxiously awaiting the updated information

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Sorry but not knowing what the discount for the Hornet owners is a bit ridiculous since we already know the pre order discount. Those should have been decided together since the company stated long ago that Hornet owners will get a discount. Honestly the discount should be the same, if not more. Then you will get more people to buy the Hornet and the super carrier. Makes the most business sense in my opinion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Sorry but not knowing what the discount for the Hornet owners is a bit ridiculous since we already know the pre order discount. Those should have been decided together since the company stated long ago that Hornet owners will get a discount. Honestly the discount should be the same, if not more. Then you will get more people to buy the Hornet and the super carrier. Makes the most business sense in my opinion.

There were just some final decisions on discounts and bundles and such, Pre-Order hasn't started, so there was still time to get it ironed out. Not sure how ridiculous that is.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png