[RARE VIDEO] MiG-21Bis cockpit and ASP sight view

Schmidtfire

Fantastic video of Croatian MiG-21Bis! Lots of nice footage from the cockpit and the ASP sight.

Notice how the fixed net is a bit different IRL. It has a very nice orange tone to it, just like DCS: Mi-8 sight. Making it easier to see the pipper.

MiG-21bisD.jpg

Hiromachi, maybe something that can be updated with the new cockpit model? :)

• Like 2

Cool very cool

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

thanks for sharing :thumbup:. Vid makes me keen on hopping into "my MiG" with nice clean canopy and pit like those ones:D

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

My wish is that they take a look one more time the FM.

That they evaluate one more time, how the stick travel, commands the aircraft surfaces and the effectiveness off aileron and rudder in low speed maneuvering.

Every video I've seen like this great footage, brings me nostalgia of previous Mig21 versions. Expect the pilots are always flying with SAU Stability on.

Off course I believe that the module may lacks in various other systems as a realistic functionality, but the FM is the first thing We virtual pilots feel and notice.

Being always aware that my only flight experience are simulators and mig21 previous release versions and nothing more. But don't feel really incorrect.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

It looks like the SPO-10 has been replaced. Is there any information on the system the Croatians are using? Fascinating to see original 21s still in service! Thank you for the video!

The good old SPO-10 is actually visible in the video. Right next to the radar buttons. Originally it is placed a lower than we are used to in DCS. From my memory, Leatherneck decided to change

it's position for player convenience. A little bit of artistic license ;)

Notice the original placement of SPO-10

31384_1295572552.jpg

Location of the SPO indicator changed throughout the production series but it's first time I hear there's anything artistic about it. Here is picture of the MiG-21MF I've taken this summer when I had a chance to seat in one:

vGd5On.jpg

Here is Finnish bis:

53063_1210811468.jpg

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thanks for your input, Hiromachi! My memory must be failing me, but I recall some instruments being swapped around back i the days. But it was half a decade ago so Im probably wrong about that :D

Over 10000 produced so I guess there will be a number of different configurations.

Yes, and the best part is that each country that operated it, introduced some changes or modifications. You can cutomize this aircraft a lot.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

The AOA indicator was designed for the MF version. If you look up pictures of the MF's instrument panel, you will see this instrument is oriented the right way up in a different location. In the Bis it is installed around 45 degrees rotated. The simple reason for installing it like that is because it only fits this way. The screws on the instrument case can be lined up only this way. In order to have this instrument installed the right way up they would have to change the way it is manufactured. To save cost they just left it like that.

About the SPO-10: Schmidtfire is right. I remember the devs decision on changing its location in order to see it better in game.

The Bis has two subversions: The 75A and 75AP, or using different names the LAZUR Bis and the RSBN Bis. We have the RSBN version in game, and in that one the SPO-10 is indeed at a different spot on the main instrument panel. In the LAZUR version it is where we have it in game. That's the little change the devs did and Schmidtfire called it artistic freedom. Now, I am talking about the original designs. It is correct that countries did change them around with different mods and avionics, so you shouldn't be bothered by it at all.

Edited by Argo Navis

• 2 weeks later...
I found this down the youtube rabbit hole. I am not sure the language used, but it seems to be on maintenance infrastructure for various aircraft. Some Mig21 stuff scattered throughout. Interesting even if I cant follow the language.

Croatian. Note the "Zagreb" being there in the title card. Also, those are Croatian BisD's prior to the ~2014 refurbishing. :thumbup:

eL3ysil.jpg

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!