Grim Reapers: Mission Editor Tutorials

GR Ripcord

• 2 weeks later...

Did my first real "get into ME" attempt today and got some decent progress. Much thanks for this!

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Can you please do an very in-depth tutorial on each of the following the trigger and all options explains what they do and how to use them, then in another tutorial cover the conditions pane on the me trigger pop up and what each condition is and when and when not to use them and all the options to be included. And the one that I’m looking for at the moment is the sctions pane. I need to know how each action is designed to be used and what each variable is and how it pertains to the action . Please

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Can you please do an very in-depth tutorial on each of the following the trigger and all options explains what they do and how to use them, then in another tutorial cover the conditions pane on the me trigger pop up and what each condition is and when and when not to use them and all the options to be included. And the one that I’m looking for at the moment is the sections pane. I need to know how each action is designed to be used and what each variable is and how it pertains to the action . Please

That's not possible and would be a 50+ video series of hundreds of combinations of how you could go about doing something in the editor.

You are scripting / programming here. There is no lineal straight line path here to get x done. Whatever x is.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_editor_triggerBasics

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_editor_actions

You just need a very basic understanding of the logic that can be used here, there is many ways to get X done and you cannot do a video on each condition and action. Well you would be doing it for a very very longtime.

Here is a very quick bit silly mission I put together showing something thing you could do out of 1000s of possibilities with making missions. I might do another one linking many silly things together just so others can see the scope of what just the editor in DCS allows you to create.

Just learn some basic logic that the mission editor can do and there are many video's around for that. Then build your own and learn a little bit of the logic. Then you will understand how someone else built their mission using the available tools. The mission designer is free to use these tools in any way he feels. These is no, this is done like this and always like this.

Start with the Game PDF manual page 80 found

C:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS World OpenBetaDoc

DCS User Manual EN.pdf

Start at page 80 Set Triggers

Set Triggers

"An important part of making a good mission is the ability to script actions during the mission that lead to a more immersive experience for the player. By setting actions that respond to the player and other AI units in an intelligent manner, the simulated battlefield can have a much more interactive and interesting environment. Such actions could be the activation of units, text, and voice messages, or setting a flag state.

The conditions that are used to trigger such actions can range from units going in and out of defined areas of the map, units being destroyed or damaged, specified times, flag states, and even random states.

Using these tools and an active imagination, you can create your own engaging missions that no automatic mission generator can match. The missions and campaigns use the same scripting system.

The trigger system is not an "event" type system, but rather a "condition" type system; this means that a trigger does not occur when something occurs, but rather when a condition becomes TRUE.

Setting a trigger condition is a three step process:"

END QUOTE

Page 99

Trigger Practical Exercise

Now that we have reviewed the mechanics of the Trigger system, we will create a basic mission using trigger scripting. In this mission, we will do the following:

1. Player will fly to battle area, and when nearing this area, friendly artillery will bombard an enemy position.

2. As the player flies closer, they will receive a Forward Air Controller message about tasked targeting.

3. When the player destroys enemy armor in the target area, friendly ground forces will advance.

4. When friendly forces reach their objective, they will radio the player of a successful mission.

The first thing we will do is set up the Zone triggers. So, I will create three different trigger zones, and I will call these Start Artillery, FAC Message, and Mission Success. I will set the TYPE as ONCE for each of them.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link