Insane climb performance

Hummingbird

• 2 months later...
I’m working on it

Thanks, it's good to know that HB has this issue on its radar! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I’ve found the bug with the speed wall. Adjusted acceleration a bit too esp m1.0-1.5

So this means the the new top speed will be? Mach 2+?:):)

giphy.gif

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I’ve found the bug with the speed wall. Adjusted acceleration a bit too esp m1.0-1.5

"adjusted" meaning increased or decresead?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

There's no way it was increased from what it currently is :P

Just making sure. You never know :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

There's no way it was increased from what it currently is :P

Lol,

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_37_Viggen#Tekniska_data

EDIT; Maybe he was sarcastic?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

The changes is related to lift at low alpha in the lower supersonic range (which makes it a little slower) and also a bug in afterburner code at high supersonic speed. Top speed shouldn’t be dramatically affected hopefully. Btw Wikipedia is the only source I’ve seen mentioning that AJS would pass Mach 2. Everything else points to a lower top-speed but it’s overall quite difficult to tell.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

To be fair pretty much almost anything supersonic since the 60s/70s is cited as having Mach 2 for top speed, even though in practice that is nowhere near to being true for most aircraft in reasonable environments.

You're not wrong :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...
The changes is related to lift at low alpha in the lower supersonic range (which makes it a little slower) and also a bug in afterburner code at high supersonic speed. Top speed shouldn’t be dramatically affected hopefully. Btw Wikipedia is the only source I’ve seen mentioning that AJS would pass Mach 2. Everything else points to a lower top-speed but it’s overall quite difficult to tell.

No offense but why don't you guys have data for the Viggens top speed. How can it be a proper FM simulation when a fundamental parameter like max speed is subject for discussions ? Just started to dig into the Viggen and already found stuff which is medium so to speak ... Brakes not animated in cockpit, brakes horrible sensitiv, taxi light external view missing ?, rudder sensivity insane. No trolling, just saying, otherwise I like Heatblur stuff, you guys know how to bring an airframe to life. HB got Tigerblood ;-)

That would be because max speed is just a number that's based on specific parameters, ie. 'speed when acceleration drops below blah' or 'speed at which things melt' etc.

This can be affected by air density and other fun stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No offense but why don't you guys have data for the Viggens top speed. How can it be a proper FM simulation when a fundamental parameter like max speed is subject for discussions ?

What is the top speed of a Viggen?

It’s cited as a Mach 2+ fighter, yet, I have never heard a Viggen pilot admit to have exceeded Mach 2...

There are several truths when you consider aircraft performance.

* The official performance data

* The classified performance data

* PR

* Actual perceived performance

And then there’s the performance you are able to simulate on a personal computer.