Bugs, Known issues & Updates

gregzagk

when i make a cold start from mission editor; heading indicator alligns itself but in this campaign , i always have to sync it with my compass manually. is it normal?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Does that mean that pilots turn heading to north after shutting down. On most aircraft I have flown, the DI is roughly where it was left from the last flight, and only needs minor adjustment (if any). I suppose the aircraft could have been hangerred overnight and returned to a new position, but this seems unlikely on the back of a ship

problem isn't turning the knobs . i like turning knobs :)

but, if we assume that these helicopters are always in use, what makes them un-synched after shut down?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

problem isn't turning the knobs . i like turning knobs :)

but, if we assume that these helicopters are always in use, what makes them un-synched after shut down?

Unfortunately, there is no persistence in DCS, but so you shouldn't look for a reason, it's just off on a cold start. Not sure whether it's a constant pre-defined value or random.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

in mission 15; uh-60 went down and crashed during formation flight for no reason.

during the operation, an ah-64 also crashed.

and then i also crashed (not a bug just my stupid :D )

only one ah-64 survived

Youtube

• 5 weeks later...

Mission 11 Autorotation

Hello!

I dont know, what exactly the problem is, but I just cant continue the campaign because the conversation stops during the test-flight in mission 11 when starting the autorotation-test.

Everything worked proper so far, I reach 1200 feet and get the message to switch the governor to "emer" and turn the throttle to idle and I repeat autorotation a lot of times - no further messages! After landing in autorotation I wait for further instructions, trying everything, even starting again, climbing up to 1200 feet - same message and no further instructions from the major!

what is going wrong?

Greetings

Herbert

I had this same problem. It turned out that the throttle twist grip on my Komodo Sim Collective wasn't registering 0 throttle input when fully rolled off. I deselected it for this part of the mission, and used the keyboard to decrease throttle, and this did the job.

Hope this might help!

Hello, sorry for the delay. Just saw the report.

I couldn't reproduce it. From what I understand from your reports and from what LCYCowboy said it could be a failure in the trigger as it's not detecting your throttle being in idle. Please try as LCYCowboy said doing it with keyboard at that point and please report back.

If that's the issue I will edit the trigger's parameters to detect lower inputs.

Thank you

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

thanks for your answers!

Of course the problem was, that the throttle on my collective does obviously not reduce the throttle input to zero when moved to its lowest position.

So i helped myself using the keyboard command for setting the throttle to zero and so i could finish the mission!

Thanks a lot

greetings

Herbert

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mission 1 problem

Mission 1. After landing at Batumi nothing happens. I have watched a youtube vid of the mission and some text referring to the VIP's is displayed. I am not seeing this. Is there a specific place to land, I put down in front of the Apaches?

Using version 1.5.7.7741

Mission 1. After landing at Batumi nothing happens. I have watched a youtube vid of the mission and some text referring to the VIP's is displayed. I am not seeing this. Is there a specific place to land, I put down in front of the Apaches?

Using version 1.5.7.7741

Hello, thanks for your purchase. Yes it should display a message after landing succesfully inside the area (in front of the apaches, c-130 and the crowd). Land, get your collective back and wait a few seconds. It should work if you didn't damage your chopper or something similar.

There were no other reports for the first mission during 1.5.7 tests so it should work ok.

Please tell me if it works for you otherwise I will try to think of other possible reason for this.

Greg

Hi Greg, I landed ok with collective fully off and waited for minutes rather than seconds still no message. Tried landing in various other positions in case its a trigger zone and I'm not quite inside it. Aircraft not damaged. Positioned between crowds and a few yards off the nose of the Apaches. Only thing outside flight plan parameters was a little too much altitude while over sea.

Hi Greg, I landed ok with collective fully off and waited for minutes rather than seconds still no message. Tried landing in various other positions in case its a trigger zone and I'm not quite inside it. Aircraft not damaged. Positioned between crowds and a few yards off the nose of the Apaches. Only thing outside flight plan parameters was a little too much altitude while over sea.

Sorry just saw your reply. Will check it again as I can't think of anything else at the moment. It worked on my previous test and there should be no issue regarding the recent patch.

Edit: Can you please check if your collective is getting to idle position when you get your throttle back? Maybe it's still a bit up and needs calibration (wild guess)?

Greg

Hello, I just checked the mission and everything seems fine. After I landed in front of the apaches the VIP's boarded the chopper and the mission went smooth. Try to lower the collective using Num - from your keyboard and she what happens. Collective must be at 0 in order for the trigger to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Greg, all ok now. I have a TM Warthog stick and throttle. I moved the collective from one throttle axis to the other which seems to have cured it. Mission 1 complete. Really enjoying the Campaign. Many thanks mate.

Thanks also to Petritis for the tip.

Hi Greg, all ok now. I have a TM Warthog stick and throttle. I moved the collective from one throttle axis to the other which seems to have cured it. Mission 1 complete. Really enjoying the Campaign. Many thanks mate.

Thanks also to Petritis for the tip.

Nice! Keep it up :thumbup:

Bug Report - On the most recent version of 1.5. the HUD of the F-5E is not transparent . Its a light black tint that makes it very hard to see thru . Spotting is impossible. Spoke to other folks that experienced the same problem.

I believe you accidentaly posted this in the wrong thread.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I would like to report those little things in mission #10.

Unless I mistake, the copies highlighted in the red rectangles below are displayed but we cannot hear the voice-over. There was a small issue like that also in mission #9 if I recall correctly but unfortunately I forgot to make a screenshot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=167529&stc=1&d=1502741987

attachment.php?attachmentid=167530&stc=1&d=1502741987

Regardind the trigger/voice-over below it works well for a previous mission but in mission #10, if the user comes from a different path than the one you (the developer) expected, it can be messing. For example, I was heading straight to the FOB following FM homing, but still I got the message to divert East to Factory Alpha which is not relevant.

attachment.php?attachmentid=167531&stc=1&d=1502741987

I'm enjoying the campaign :)

rogersir.jpg.3d40ddb91ea9702b3819627d704f7a60.jpg

enjoyable.jpg.68e011c8ac9e75c406d0907904997db7.jpg

factoryalpha.jpg.6e8c38e18797e79f94f3b4781fd9d52f.jpg

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync