Release date?

Aluminum Donkey

I wouldn't be that pessimistic. Their team looks professional. If they choose some most modern version with expanded A-G capabilities it will definitely take some time. Simply look how fast ED was able to model basic Hornet or Viper and how long modeling some gizmos is taking. Avionics, systems logic, weapons, datalinks etc.

I was waiting >20 years since EF2000, I can wait another two. I hope for the best anyway.

Edited by bies

2 weeks :thumbsup:

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

"Two weeks, be sure!" by the power of soon™, as always rainbowdashwink.png

Maddox might hear you and order you to close that book and never open.

"Where did you read about Spitfire made from a wood? Close this book forever and never open it again." ~ the Great Aero

Good old times! rdlaugh.png

oleg.jpg.754e4066db00f5afbb5e8c6b3698d364.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

My prediction is 2022/2023.

Same here. Full fidelity DCS modules take plenty of time to develop. My guess is middle to late 2022 for early access.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

New forum sections are usually added for upcoming products when they are relatively close to release. Either this is the start of a new trend or a bit telling. I don't see a forum section for the A-7, Mi-24, or P-47.

New forum sections are usually added for upcoming products when they are relatively close to release. Either this is the start of a new trend or a bit telling. I don't see a forum section for the A-7, Mi-24, or P-47.

The JF-17 forum section was up for quite a while though

• 1 month later...

Yeah its weird. The A7 guys were aiming for an end of year release IIRC. Which i thought was hoplesly optimistic.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yea that was disappointing. Implies they don't know what they're getting into.

Funny, thats what i said at the time. I think they come from xplane like razbam. So hopefully they do a more detailed job.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Somewhere out there in academia is an equation that shows the relationship between software complexity, delivery time and developer naivety. As a grizzled and hardened dev myself I can tell you the often over optimistic schedules that are either uttered by the developers or worse from sales who haven't even spoken to the developers.

A wise person uses the following answer to a release date. They reply "Soon". This will result in people asking soon. The reply being "As soon as it is ready!"

Now here is a thought. What if a development team threw a load of old rubbish over the fence for the users, even in beta, to satisfy a release date. They would get slated for it. The best to do is make it the best you can. If you miss the release because it is not ready so be it. Better late and stable than unusable and on time. :pilotfly:

Developer interview

So... the one question everyone REALLY wants to ask is...

When can we get it?

Developers confirmed they literally just started this journey.

Aircraft module takes something between 5 to 7 years to complete

Sometime in the middle of this timeframe there is an early access release.

Do not expect this in the next 2 years I think.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Somewhere out there in academia is an equation that shows the relationship between software complexity, delivery time and developer naivety. As a grizzled and hardened dev myself I can tell you the often over optimistic schedules that are either uttered by the developers or worse from sales who haven't even spoken to the developers.

A wise person uses the following answer to a release date. They reply "Soon". This will result in people asking soon. The reply being "As soon as it is ready!"

Now here is a thought. What if a development team threw a load of old rubbish over the fence for the users, even in beta, to satisfy a release date. They would get slated for it. The best to do is make it the best you can. If you miss the release because it is not ready so be it. Better late and stable than unusable and on time. :pilotfly:

the Eurofighter is a very complex plane to be released soon. I think it will take a long time to program it and plan it all.

hurrying programmers is a very unnatural thing hurrying programmers only produces inaccuracies and incompleteness.

1 year or a 1/5 year I think it will be enough but if you want a module well done, surely you have to wait much longer. otherwise they release it in less than a year but not complete with but with inaccuracies to be accurate with time.

Developers confirmed they literally just started this journey.

Aircraft module takes something between 5 to 7 years to complete

Sometime in the middle of this timeframe there is an early access release.

Do not expect this in the next 2 years I think.

Probably right. Honestly maybe 3.

But the real question is why these guys got a forum section, while the aussie A7 guys got nothing?

But the real question is why these guys got a forum section, while the aussie A7 guys got nothing?

Teams get a forum section when they ask for it.

True grit did.

Flying Iron Sim hasn't yet.

THE END

Teams get a forum section when they ask for it.

True grit did.

Flying Iron Sim hasn't yet.

THE END

Cool, didn't know that that's how it worked.

I wonder what the Luftwaffe thinks about developing this aircraft in a video game with the participation of an instructor pilot

They are probably ok with it otherwise it wouldn't have got this far. SMEs are involved in the development of most (possibly all) of the modules.

I can tell you the release date.

I have a prototype Eurofighter throttle quadrant. I bought it months ago to turn into an F-14 replica throttle, but now I'm conflicted as to what to do....

Therefore the Eurofighter module will therefore be released exactly one day after I complete the throttles conversion into an F-14 format. It's a simple law of nature. No need to thank me.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Therefore the Eurofighter module will therefore be released exactly one day after I complete the throttles conversion into an F-14 format. It's a simple law of nature. No need to thank me.

You have 24 hours to convert it

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

You have 24 hours to convert it

It's going to be a long night, bring some coffee :D

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I can tell you the release date.

I have a prototype Eurofighter throttle quadrant. I bought it months ago to turn into an F-14 replica throttle, but now I'm conflicted as to what to do....

Nah. It won't take that long. It will be released while you're in the shop, moments after you make that one irreversible modification that eliminates the option to change it back.

You'll finish for the day, proud of how well it turned out, and there will be a DCS update and an endless supply of adult beverages from a grateful community waiting...