Multi-crew for one huey implemented or not?

chanrobi

The Gazelle has the multicrew now. What is Belsimtek waiting for?

The Gazelle has had SRS compatible multi-crew since release. It's only gotten better.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no incentive for them to add any features to these old modules. They aren't going to make any money for it so why devote the resources or make it a high priority if you do? It's simple business logic.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

There's no incentive for them to add any features to these old modules. They aren't going to make any money for it so why devote the resources or make it a high priority if you do? It's simple business logic.
Because it was promised in by them and people bought it becasue of said features.

No, business logic isn't that at all...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

• 2 months later...

I just got the L-39 recently and flew multicrew with a friend and it was phenomenal. One of the best experiences I have had in DCS...

Anyways this is a bump to see when this feature coming to the UH-1 and MI-8...

Talk to us Belsimtec/ED

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I wait for the Tomcat. in a jet it would be really fun. i mean in they huey as well, imagine you play with 4 Players at once, 2 doorgunner and 1 Pilot + 1 Copilot. that would be great Battlefield like. but as i said. it wont come. Maybe they make a huey V2 with that Features but you have to buy it. also a Vietnam map would be great then. then all the planes of the era makes sense. Tornado IDS would be cool too.

It's not adding features. It's finishing a product. And the incentive is keeping your client base. I have spent thousands on addons. Mostly in fsx/p3d and there are a few companies that have lost my business due to either not finishing a product or a declining quality of their product. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this. So that should be their incentive. To keep us as loyal customers.

Unwell belsemic is no longer they became part of ed last month iirc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Im quite sure that Huey will never get multicrew. They got out money and rest is history.

I hope to be wrong but so far nothing shows else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im quite sure that Huey will never get multicrew. They got out money and rest is history.

I hope to be wrong but so far nothing shows else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apart from BST told us a couple month ago, they started on that. Plan to implement it in the Huey before the Mi-8, etc.

Multi-crew is likely coming big time with the F-14, the F-15E in the pipeline, C-101 getting there.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

We can hope ed will pick up the slack now they own belsemic mods

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Guys, I would think multicrew on the aircraft is not easy due to net coding to make sure everything shows up equal and also how the cockpit works. When it comes to aircraft that have different more advanced system it will be alittle harder and take more time to work.

This is not a easy task I would believe.

Give them time even if its a while I see them doing it soon

I agree that netcode could easily be an issue, however, I was flying Multi-crew during the early 1990's in Janes Lonbow. So it can't be "that" difficult.

Changes to the way the internet works and things like netcode etc, probably do make it more difficult to make it work well. But without knowing anything about software design, I'd say it can't be that difficult to achieve considering how long ago it was when it was working just fine (in other software).

But I'd rather have it working well (i.e. flawlessly) than have some half-A$$'d attempt released. So ya, it could take a while yet.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Guys, I would think multicrew on the aircraft is not easy due to net coding to make sure everything shows up equal and also how the cockpit works. When it comes to aircraft that have different more advanced system it will be alittle harder and take more time to work.

This is not a easy task I would believe.

Give them time even if its a while I see them doing it soon

I agree that netcode could easily be an issue, however, I was flying Multi-crew during the early 1990's in Janes Lonbow. So it can't be "that" difficult.

Changes to the way the internet works and things like netcode etc, probably do make it more difficult to make it work well. But without knowing anything about software design, I'd say it can't be that difficult to achieve considering how long ago it was when it was working just fine (in other software).

But I'd rather have it working well (i.e. flawlessly) than have some half-A$$'d attempt released. So ya, it could take a while yet.

The question is not whether multi-crew is difficult or easy to implement, others already implemented it so please stop discussing this net-coding difficult thing and stop defending a company. Multi-crew is in their feature list and people bought this module due to certain features set.

Huey was the first module of BST. How much time passed since then. The actual problem is that it is not in their priority list. I don't think so they are working on it. They are already busy on other more prioritized projects.

BST has the top notch quality products, there is not a single word doubt but when it comes to communication with community they are the poorest among all the 3rd party. They don't bother to communicate, that is the said truth

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

The question is not whether multi-crew is difficult or easy to implement, others already implemented it so please stop discussing this net-coding difficult thing and stop defending a company. Multi-crew is in their feature list and people bought this module due to certain features set.

Huey was the first module of BST. How much time passed since then. The actual problem is that it is not in their priority list. I don't think so they are working on it. They are already busy on other more prioritized projects.

BST has the top notch quality products, there is not a single word doubt but when it comes to communication with community they are the poorest among all the 3rd party. They don't bother to communicate, that is the said truth

Multi-Crew is part of this module already. Press 1,2,3,4 to switch seats in the Huey and man multiple stations and take different roles.

The Multi-crew for MULTIPLAYER was announced as something around " we would like to do this, need to wait for ED to do it (as it wasn't even in beta back then) and we can't guarantee it will be possible ".

Then it isn't easy as has been told multiple times.

With more jet modules introducing Multiplayer Multi-crew in the near future, we may see something working for the complex rotary wing, also.

Keep in mind in the jets you have seperate cockpits whereas the helos share the same space and controls, at least partly.

I am pretty sure, it isn't just using the code from the L-39C on the Huey or Mi-8 and be done with it.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

What about Gazelle SA342? Aren't they have implement long time ago and that was their first module.
Yep, a first test with sync problems galore and a pretty restrictive split for switchology operations.

Though I would love to simply be able to sit in the left seat, navigate and watch for targets etc.

Shagrat

Multi-Crew is part of this module already. Press 1,2,3,4 to switch seats in the Huey and man multiple stations and take different roles.

The Multi-crew for MULTIPLAYER was announced as something around " we would like to do this, need to wait for ED to do it (as it wasn't even in beta back then) and we can't guarantee it will be possible ".

That's not true. The feature list on the DCS Huey product site always listed the following feature from the very beginning of the Hueys release a couple of years ago:

• Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/helicopters/huey/

It clearly says multiplayer coop and it lists it as a solid feature, not some maybe feature!

I tried to explain that to you before btw: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3436799&postcount=169

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Guys, multicrewing is under ongoing development. It's difficult because a lot of code has to be rewritten, because the Huey was coded way before multicrewing was a thing. Now that ED implemented multicrew functionality, the Huey cockpit needs to be coded very differently to how it has been in the past to be able to make use of that multicrew functionality.

See this statement from Belsimtek:

Hi guys! Multicrew was one of the topics we wanted to roll out as news article, but since you are active here recently, we will address it here.

First of all we want to say that we don't want to run from what we said. Multicrew will be done and its progressing. Yes it taking its time and we can only be grateful for your patience! worthy.gif

Things with helicopter multicrew are not exactly same as in, for instance, L-39. It is because L-39 have two separate cockpits, therefore two clients have each their own accessible controls to fiddle with. But its changing when you have two guys at the same cockpit and both of them have access to whole cockpit, things are getting tricky that way and we tried to dance around those issues we faced. And as solution so far we see separation of available commands for pilot and co-pilot with which we are working right now.

As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.

Besides that, there is more changes for UH-1H, that are coming even sooner... You will hear about them soon..

This should still be valid, although it might have been pushed back a bit by the work that Belsimtek spend on supporting ED with the Hornet, but that's just speculation on my part.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It would be nice to have the external avionics package added that I’ve already bought

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

It's nice to read, that the multiplayer multicrew for the Huey isn't dead. I do have some other modules for DCS, so it's not going to get boring, but multicrew for the Huey would be awesome. Maybe I'll try it even first in the Gazelle.

But one thing I don't get: Why is it a problem making the whole cockpit accessible for both crew? If my copilot switches off the engine while on an attack run, he's an idiot (or a mean flight instructor ;-P).

I don't own the L-39. It has two cockpit and I guess - while most of the cockpit controls are separate for each cockpit - the flight controls aren't, right? So when this works apparently for the flight controls, why doesn't it for ordinary cockpit controls?

I don't see an issue with this? But maybe one of you could enlighten me.

Thanks!