AREA 51 - The Hidden Secret

Guys,

This is WIP, but didn't want to spare you from this...

DCS World 2.1.1.8244, multiplayer mission.

---

Briefing:

A2G training mission using dynamic tasking of targets.

1. Goal

On the RED side, random enemies are spawned at random locations and moving through random routes through the desert towards the blue locations. The BLUE side is to eliminate as much targets as possible.

2. Detection

BLUE has (Airborne) Forward Air Controllers which are hidden in the battlefield, and are detecting the RED enemies.

The detected RED enemy targets are grouped in areas, and are given an area ID (a number).

The command center (HQ) is collecting these detected targets, and is assembling the results and locations of the enemies.

3. Tasking

Depending on the enemy target group composition, tasks are dispatched to you as a player. There are A2G tasks and A2A tasks. The A2A tasking is currently inactivated.

4. A2G Tasks

There are currently 3 different Air To Ground (A2G) task types that are dispatched:

- SEAD = Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses. These are mostly targets that emit radar signals.

- BAI = Battlefield Air Interdiction, which are ground targets without air defenses nearby, and behind enemy lines.

- CAS = Close Air Support, which are ground targets without air defenses nearby, and with friendlies within the target area.

Each of these tasks requires specific equipment and payload to detect and eliminate these targets.

5. A2A Tasks

There are currently 3 different Air To Air (A2A) task types that are dispatched:

- INTERCEPT = Intruders are detected in friendly airspace. Go get them!

- ENGAGE = Enemy planes are nearby while you being airborne. Engage the targets!

- SWEEP = Intruders were detected in friendly airspace, but contact has been lost of at least one minute. Search for the enemy.

Each of these tasks requires specific equipment and payload to detect and eliminate these targets.

7. Task information

The tasking menu can be accessed under the command center (HQ), and select the relevant mission.

Each mission has a menu structure that has:

- Mission Briefing: Displays the briefing of the task.

- Report Tasks: Displays various task reports. The Planned Tasks and the Assigned Task are of your interest.

- Statistics Tasks: Various statistics on the mission.

- Join Task: Join one of the planned tasks.

- (Assigned Task): If a task is assigned or joined, then this menu is displayed. Here you can view the task report or abort the task.

8. Joined Task

After you joined the task selecting the relevant menu option, you are commanded to eliminate the targets in scope of the task.

While in flight, you'll receive from the HQ routing information, which can be displayed in BR, MGRS or LL coordinate formats.

Use the routing information to find your way to or near the target. When targets are moving, the coordinates will be updated, but only if a FAC has detected the movement!

After you have eliminated the targets, you'll receive scoring for target hits, target destroys and once you've destroyed all targets, you'll receieve extra points. You scoring statistics are logged and can also be viewed using the Scoring Menu.

You can abort the current assigned task if the target is not for you.

9. Designation

The BLUE (A)FACs are scanning for targets and are grouping them into areas. Additionally, those (A)FACs which are close enough to the targets (whithin a range of 12km),

can assist with target acquisition or destruction. The (A)FACs closest to the targets can be requested to:

- Lase the targets. Targets are lased in order of "threat level", with air defenses being the highest threat.

- Smoke the targets.

- Illuminate the target area when lighting conditions are bad.

(A)FACs can be ordered to auto lase targets, which will result in the (A)FACs to automatically lase the targets with the highest threat!

Messages are sent to you, showing the targets that are currently being lased, smoked, illuminated.

The lasers work with different laser codes, which are also communicated. Use laser guided bombs or missiles to destroy the targets. Lasers are visible during the night using FLIR capable viewers.

The Designate Menu provides you with all the options for target Designation.

10. Settings

A Settings Menu is available specific for your user. Depending on the type of plane or vehicle, you may want to receive

coordinate information and distance information in the format that is compatible with your plane.

- Use the A2G Coordinate Sub Menu to configure the display of coordinates in BR, MGRS or LL coodinate formats.

- Use the A2A Coordinate Sub Menu to configure the display of coordinates in BRA or BRAA, MGRS, LL and BULLS coodinate formats.

- Use the Measurement Sub Menu to configure the display of distances in the Metric or Imperial formats.

11. Scoring

A Scoring Menu is available that allows you to view your scores and the scoring statistics of other players.

Server: FlightControl Playground MOOSE

----

Check it out ... You can change borders, add FAC, Add Players, Add EWR, Add Airports, Add Templates... all is dynamic...

Currently it has the following setup on the Blue side:

- Base Groom Lake: 4 x SU-25T "Pointiac 11, 21, 31, 41"

- Base Creech: 4 x F-15C "Chevy 11, 21, 31, 41"

- Base Creech: 4 x AJS-37 "Ford 11, 21, 31, 41"

- Base Creech: 4 x A-10C "Boar 11, 21, 31, 41"

- Base Creech: 4 x A-10A "Tusk 11, 21, 31, 41"

- Base Beaty: 2 x UH-1H "Colt 11, 21"

- Base Pahute: 3 x SA-342 (L,M,Mistral) "Uzi 11, 21, 31", 2 x MIRAGE-200C "Uzi 41, 51"

- Farp Rachel: 4 x KA-50 "Colt 31, 41, 51, 61"

- Farp Rachel: 2 x UH-1H "Colt 71,81"

Farp callsigns "Moscow", "Warsaw", "Dublin", "Rome"

The RED side has AI GCICAP active.

FC

A51 - Area 51 - The hidden secret.miz

A51 - Area 51 - The hidden secret.lua

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Great stuff... Thanks for sharing. Good to pick up some ideas.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Dia1.jpgDia8.jpg

Dia2.jpgDia3.jpg

Dia4.jpgDia5.jpg

Dia6.jpgDia7.jpg

So as you can see, added a couple of things ...

1. Have been working on the DESIGNATE function.

2. Now there are two DESIGNATE instances:

- One for the SU-25T using laser code 1113.

- One for all other planes using laser code, which are generated.

3. Documented all the script code, for the noobies.

4. Tweaked the spawning parameters, the timing was too fast.

5. Revised the template compositions, and added new templates.

6. Tested stuff heavily.

Hope you will enjoy this one. I have a wish:

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO FLY THIS ONE WITH ABOUT 10 PEOPLE ONLINE.

Can we do that?

FC

A51 - Area 51 - The hidden secret.lua

A51 - Area 51 - The hidden secret.miz

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

I'm willing to give it a try, though I'm not setup for online yet - don't even know what all people are using these days for voice communication.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I imagine with the laser codes and everything we're talking about using the warthog?

I imagine with the laser codes and everything we're talking about using the warthog?

So this mission has an advanced designation function. (I hope it works).

If you check the mission, there are TWO designation funtions added!

One for the SU-25T, which only works with a specific laser code 1113.

One for all other planes, which have "generated" laser codes, that means they work for A-10C.

I need to add a designation for the A-10A too, but assume that this plane is not flown so much, so thought this wasn't so urgent now.

With the SU-25T you can fire off KH-25ML and KH-29L missiles. You can join the Pontiac51 and Pointiac61 (Su-25T #003 and #004 which have preconfigured these missiles as a payload).

Once the RED targets are within FAC perimeters, you'll receive a message that the FAC is ready for designation. Select the SU-25T designation, and select autolase. (you can also smoke the targets if you want or illuminate them). So the FAC will lase the targets, and will send messages that it is lasing (check that). When you check the designation status, the AREA # is listed of the designation target. Select the relevant task in the mission using "Join Task", selecting either a SEAD, BAI or CAS with the same area #. (001, 002, 003 etc). And you'll receive coordinates either in MGRS, LL or BR, depending on your A2G settings).

Once you approach the target, and you select 7 (ground targets) in the su-25T, you'll see a circle. select L-ALT-W for override. And fire... The missiles will home towards the laser spots.

The autolase changes automatically units, if there are more than one unit in the target area.

Good luck!

[/TABLE]

So this mission has an advanced designation function. (I hope it works).

If you check the mission, there are TWO designation funtions added!

One for the SU-25T, which only works with a specific laser code 1113.

One for all other planes, which have "generated" laser codes, that means they work for A-10C.

I need to add a designation for the A-10A too, but assume that this plane is not flown so much, so thought this wasn't so urgent now.

With the SU-25T you can fire off KH-25ML and KH-29L missiles. You can join the Pontiac51 and Pointiac61 (Su-25T #003 and #004 which have preconfigured these missiles as a payload).

Once the RED targets are within FAC perimeters, you'll receive a message that the FAC is ready for designation. Select the SU-25T designation, and select autolase. (you can also smoke the targets if you want or illuminate them). So the FAC will lase the targets, and will send messages that it is lasing (check that). When you check the designation status, the AREA # is listed of the designation target. Select the relevant task in the mission using "Join Task", selecting either a SEAD, BAI or CAS with the same area #. (001, 002, 003 etc). And you'll receive coordinates either in MGRS, LL or BR, depending on your A2G settings).

Once you approach the target, and you select 7 (ground targets) in the su-25T, you'll see a circle. select L-ALT-W for override. And fire... The missiles will home towards the laser spots.

The autolase changes automatically units, if there are more than one unit in the target area.

Good luck!

I need to brush up on the a10 or frogfoot, and I'll give it a go. I've been focusing my time on ensuring the Ka-50 Vergeev Group campaign still works in the latest DCS, but could use a break.

I'll look for the server around 2:30 EST, and try to get into an A10. What app do you use for voice comms?

It doesn't matter. Teamspeak or the discord channel at DCS.

Discord is more user friendly,

it works, easy and no fussing with parameters and mics that don't work.

I don't have a dedicated server, but maybe some of the moose guys on slack also want to host this mission? I'll check ...

[/TABLE]

I'm hosting it on my private dedicated server.

Server: Jack's Casa.

Simple Radio Standalone is active.

Tacview track will be re playable instant, no delay.

Limited external views.

All aircrafts is cold start.

Fixed problem with missing A-10A's.

Please use the menu system to locate targets.

Have something to write on for task information.

Have fun :joystick:

Result of yesterday test. It was fun, but it needs some work...

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/issues/653

Found already a couple of root causes.

[/TABLE]

Result of yesterday test. It was fun, but it needs some work...

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/issues/653

Found already a couple of root causes.

A-10A's is missing and shows up as A-10C's

Personally I think all aircraft should be cold started for selection of loadout. That will make the player select a task, then select a loadout he thinks will help solve the task.

:)

Here are the changed mission with all cold starts and no trainer active.

[ATTACH]167519[/ATTACH]

You can switch off the trainer with the menu.

[/TABLE]