DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice changelog! New Spit finally!

Bombs and drop tanks for the Spitfire, YEEE-HAAAAAW-WOOOOO-HOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

THANK YOU, ED!

What do you mean by "Normandy 1944 update"? What has changed?

They said they were going to update Normandy map a while ago, this update was supposed to be released this month. And here it is. Take a look at the Normandy thread, there is definitely something there. Or download the update and see it yourself. :thumbup:

Well, all previously advertised new Normandy features did arrive already with 2.5.2OB indeed, but if they added something more now, I'm not complaining. Would be nice to know what we're supposed to notice, though :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Wow this is a great update, they seem to have made it for me with all the things I wanted. Same for Razbam updates. INS on Harrier is immense. The general world fixes to the AI, esp AI taxiing to the cat's with players there, means I can start getting AI back on the carriers safely with players (with any luck)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

What I find weird, is that there are a lot of fixes made that don't appear in the changelog. This has happened a lot recently - including today - with the Viggen.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

What I find weird, is that there are a lot of fixes made that don't appear in the changelog. This has happened a lot recently - including today - with the Viggen.

Its up to Heatblur to provide ED with a changelog, it might be added later today, its not something that has not happend before.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I know it's happened before, however, I would have thought that any submission of updates to ED should include basic notes on what was done. I mean, surely ED would have to test the changes!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Did you notice any on hornet or dcs main platform?

Not sure what you mean? Did you look at the changlog?

The radar elevation has been tinkered with. I'm not thinking it's well right now.

You said there was things fixed not listed in changelog, did you notice any thing fixed in the hornet that was not listed in last changelog? Or did you notice any on the main dcs platform that was not in last changelog?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Am I the only one? Ping to the address is fine. If I am alone with this i will make a thread in bug section. But if servers are busy please chime in. :)

It's updating away here on the US east coast. No problems.

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

I have noticed that now, after this latest update, I can no longer see the objects that I am placing in the ME. This is very annoying! I sure hope that it was just an oversight on their part. I have edited and saved the Mission Editor .lua with no effect :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I have noticed that now, after this latest update, I can no longer see the objects that I am placing in the ME. This is very annoying! I sure hope that it was just an oversight on their part. I have edited and saved the Mission Editor .lua with no effect :cry:

Do you mean the 2d Icons? Did you click the button at the bottom of the ME to turn it on? Shouldnt have to edit anymore, its a feature now I think. In Open Beta anyways.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

"fixed raindrops" on Harrier and M2000 meaning IMPLEMENTED raindrops, I assume?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Ah great!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence