Enemy Within Campaign after New update

I have been trying to play the Enemy Within Campaign after the new update on 6/24/16 and am having nothing but problems. The first problem is that my Track Ir goes in and out (says unplugged then wait a minute or two then says plugged in) also I cant rotate my head a complete 180 degrees. I can only look back as far as the flaps. My track ir says that I can but the curves are at 30 for yaw. It was not like that before the update. 2nd thing is that DCS crashes during campaign play. I drop a gbu 12 on a truck in mission 5 to be able to call in ford in the f10 options and I can see the bomb it and then DCS crashes every time. Thanks for any help or advise.

Hey svance76 and thanks for letting us know. Don't think this is campaign related, but I had similar when testing some missions for new M-2000C campaign. It always happens when there are some explosions, in my case from mortar fire. I have also seen someone reporting similar problem with mission where there is a carpet bombing of a town. I will try to reproduce this bug.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...
Has the trigger bug been fixed in the official 1.5 DCS for the Enemy Within Campaign yet? If not is there an ETA on when it will be fixed?

Nope, not yet. Updates are often released on Fridays, and the latest patch for the OpenBeta seems to have fixed most critical bugs, so here's to hoping all of the latest OpenBeta updates will become available for the 1.5 release version later today.

As for ETAs, don't expect to hear anything official, other than "when it's done", so it's probably a good idea to keep your eyes open in the Official Updates section and hit the Refresh key during the rest of the day. ;)

Has the trigger bug been fixed in the official 1.5 DCS for the Enemy Within Campaign yet? If not is there an ETA on when it will be fixed?

i have been having trouble on mission 4 where i anchor south of the mosk but nothing triggers. is this the trigger problem you are talking about?

i have been having trouble on mission 4 where i anchor south of the mosk but nothing triggers. is this the trigger problem you are talking about?

I think (but haven't tested yet) that the latest DCS version that was released on Friday fixed these problems. Do you have the latest version installed? It should be 1.5.4.54596.

Hi Preston, I checked this mission with last Open Beta (which has been now turned into final release) and it worked fine. Bear in mind that it takes several minutes for the Alpha team to get in position, you can try to follow them via your TGP to verify if they are indeed moving.

• Like 1

I think (but haven't tested yet) that the latest DCS version that was released on Friday fixed these problems. Do you have the latest version installed? It should be 1.5.4.54596.

when i start the game, it just says version 1.5.4

when i start the game, it just says version 1.5.4

Okay, that sounds like you're running the latest version, so the bug should be fixed.

BTW, you can find the full version number in the DCS main screen in the lower right corner. :thumbup:

The latest version (1.5.4) made the AI bug on takeoff back unfortunately.

In mission 20 the F16 are stuck on runway..

Yep, happened to me too. The AI A-10C's started to pull out of the parking and just stopped before pulling onto the main taxiway and that was all she wrote!

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

If the player / aircraft moves into the the taxi system the AI will wait until it is clear for them to move, could this be the problem here?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks dragon, if you can give me a short track and I can add it to a report if needed

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If the player / aircraft moves into the the taxi system the AI will wait until it is clear for them to move, could this be the problem here?

I don't think that's the case. After I pulled out before they followed to the end of the taxi and took off but this time they just stopped. I'll try to run it again and get a track file.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

From what I am being told if something is on the taxi way the other AI will wait their turn before moving.

Give it a go and feedback here, and I can follow it up as needed

So it is supposed to be the way you describe?

I will check it tonight, haven't noticed it when I was testing the M-2000C campaign and there is plenty of airplanes taxiing before player does. If they all had to sit and wait until others finish it would take ages... also it would make the Red Flag campaigns unplayable. But I will give it a try and report back in the evening.

Hi guys,

Sorry didn't answer later,

Actually in mission 20 of this AWESOME campaign (thanks again Baltic_Dragon) F16 starts way before you.. (it's a cold start for us the A10), and they start Rolling while you power up your plane, so it's not like I start Rolling or anything else or I'm blocking the taxiway.

They start Rolling while I configure my plane but still get stuck in the taxiway.

Someone else reproduce it by the way, and I have it everytime, I'm on 1.5.4 DCS World stable version.