Force Feedback Support?

DefaultFace

It is not possible to engage autopilot in the f-14 as dcs has a stupid annoying problem where when trimming the ffb stick stays to a linear path not matching the curve. The f-14 assumes that you are moving the stick out of limits for the autopilot and will not engage

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried to fly the f-14 and had no ffb in the pitch, there was slight effect from roll but that's it

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

It looks like that if you fly in one aircraft before the f14 it will mess up the ffb profile

• 3 weeks later...

Now we just need to get rid of the double trim effect. When FFB is in use shifting the stick center, the trim should not set the controls position at the same time as well which is the method of trim without FFB. At the moment, we FFB users have both at the same time, doubling the effective trim and halving it's precision.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Enabling AP now works with with my G940. Thanks a lot Heatblur and kudos for support ancient technology from the 90s!

However, there seems to be an issue: If I enable AP (Attitude hold) and I want to override the AP to set a new attitude the manual says to just push over the force, set the new attitude and relase the stick.

This seems to be borked in DCS.

Example: I'm in a 1000 fpm climb and enable AP (attitude hold). I let go of the stick and the AP keeps my climb. So far so good. I now want to change from my climb to a 2000 fpm decent. When I push forward on the stick it seems as if I'm fighting the AP. The airplane tries to maintain the climb. This goes as far as I'm hitting the limit of my controller (full defelection forward) and I'm still in a climb. When I then let go of the stick the aircraft pitches up massively as if the was full aft trim. The cockpit indicator does not show any changes on pit ch trim though.

My current workaround is to disable AP, set the new attiutde manually and then reenable AP. The downside of this is, that any other AP modes (alt hold, ground track) are disabled with the main AP switch.

• 1 month later...

Heatblurs ffb feels the best so far of all the modules i tried. Rocking a Brunner CLS-E joystick base with a warthog stick plus 12 cm extension. Although Brunner just recently started supporting DCS it feels phenomenal already. (note: for flying helicopters with cyclic trim this is a tad to hefty combination. upon trim release the stick dips a bit because of the weight. a lighter stick would probably work better. such as a virpil stick which is compatible.)

Heatblur should get in contact with Brunner who is to my knowledge the only company as of now who makes modern FFB/control loading bases. at this point the plugin for dcs only supports stick shake and tighter controls at higher speeds. The trim solution is awsome though. They use a hardware trim. So bind in brunner software some buttons for pitch and airelon trim and when pressed it trims the stick without the game interfering.

features such as autopilot or damaged components and affecting stick pulling because a wing is off or something would be awsome. Hopefully in the near future because the dcs ffb plugin is still in beta fase at the time.

Edited by kingpinda

Great to hear they start supporting DCS. If that thing just wasn't so expensive... it's more than I spent on my whole input setup in totals.

Regarding the helicopter trim, it would be great if the spring force wouldn't drop completely, or have at least some friction in there as well.

BTW any word on the double trim issue yet?

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Great to hear they start supporting DCS. If that thing just wasn't so expensive... it's more than I spent on my whole input setup in totals.

Regarding the helicopter trim, it would be great if the spring force wouldn't drop completely, or have at least some friction in there as well.

BTW any word on the double trim issue yet?

Yeah the latest firmware fixed it somewhat. Check this thread for more in depth info from my experiences and hopefully other users soon as well :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3981737#post3981737

Edit: above I thought you meant the double trim input from the latest brunner software and firmware. I wasn't aware the normal Ffb had problems in dcs. So disregard.

However. The brunner hardware trim is awsome. Just set in dcs game Ffb on for planes and for helos use the setting no spring or Ffb. With the ka-50 you can then map the same trim button to trim to have the hardware use the trim function but the game use the non trim to engage autopilot banks.

Edited by kingpinda

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...