FC-still the most popular Sim?

TOMCATZ

Hy friends,

I found out a very interesting statistic - Okay: forget FSX but the look over the rest is a little suprice:

LO 1.02(15 votes [4.32%] - View)

LO FC 1.1(14 votes [4.03%] - View)

LO FC 2.0(159 votes [45.82%] - View)

Ka-50(48 votes [13.83%] - View)

A-10C(68 votes [19.60%] - View)

FSX(38 votes [10.95%] - View)

none of those(5 votes [1.44%] - View)

Yeah- DCS-A10: The best flight model ever, the best grafig engine, the best simulation ever, best documentation - But it seems to be that the guys still like to jump into a MiG or Eagle cockpit. :pilotfly:

source: LockOnFiles.com

Edited by TOMCATZ

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Well, you found that on lockonfiles.com. It's not a forum dedicated to lock on only, it's true, but still I don't think it speaks for the whole flight sim community.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Link to survey: http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/topic/36586-members-survey/

I'd be shocked if ED would actually take the survey numbers into consideration. I must say though that more than twice the amount of members who chose FC2 as their main sim over A-10C is surprising. Even Ka-50 has more votes than A-10C for other sim you like to fly.

Hows that FC3 portfolio looking now, ED?:smilewink:

Hows that FC3 portfolio looking now, ED?:smilewink:

You cannot seriously expect a totally biased survey on a lock on heavy site to hold any significant information on over all user statistics. ;)

Besides, ED themselves have the statistics of what sold how many copies, so they have all the hard data needed to decide on whether to prolong the FC series or not.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I think The A-10 and Ka-50 numbers are in reality higher (relative to FC) but since lockonfiles is "historically" a lock on community, there are more lock on users who frequent the forums, that is all.

Edit: ..or as sobek put it

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

You cannot seriously expect a totally biased survey on a lock on heavy site to hold any significant information on over all user statistics.

Biased? LMAO! More like true facts! With more than 70,000 members (minus spambot accounts) spanning between LockOn/DCS, Falcon, FSX, and IL2 communities, I would say that it can't ALL be expected to favor LockOn. Currently 417 members chose to vote their choices of their favorite sim without any kind of pressure and the results are showing. Feel free to voice your favorite by submitting your vote and maybe a month or two from now the stats will dramatically change, who knows.:)

Besides, ED themselves have the statistics of what sold how many copies, so they have all the hard data needed to decide on whether to prolong the FC series or not.

Yes, however they also have the statistics for FC2 sales but probably refuse to compare those numbers to A-10C sales.

I think The A-10 and Ka-50 numbers are in reality higher (relative to FC) but since lockonfiles is "historically" a lock on community, there are more lock on users who frequent the forums, that is all.

Considering the fact that LO came before DCS series, I quite frankly believe that roughly the same number of people who play(ed) LO still have their old accounts on LOF. The majority of members who play LO on LOF also have accounts on this forum, like me for instance. Have you failed to notice that?

Edited by Viper101

Biased? LMAO! More like true facts!

That's selective perception for ya. ;)

The only true fact in this matter is that we cannot state the significance of these results because we do not know the overall number of sold copies, let alone the fraction of which users that frequent lockonfiles. These are the things that really matter, but unfortunately they are company confidential and we are never going to see them.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Biased? LMAO! More like true facts! With more than 70,000 members (minus spambot accounts) spanning between LockOn/DCS, Falcon, FSX, and IL2 communities

Then where is F-AF and IL-2 in the poll?

Yes, however they also have the statistics for FC2 sales but probably refuse to compare those numbers to A-10C sales.

What would that comparison actually bring?

Considering the fact that LO came before DCS series, I quite frankly believe that roughly the same number of people who play(ed) LO still have their old accounts on LOF. The majority of members who play LO on LOF also have accounts on this forum, like me for instance. Have you failed to notice that?

That might be true, but what I meant is that LOF is "historically" a lock-on community, that is, it has more lock-on: DCS ratio of users than there really are.

Spoiler

So 193 users chose LO, 81 A10. I don't think these numbers are really significant.

Where it would be significant if it were the opposite. then LO would need to worry. I think what this poll actually shows is that LO needs to watch to see if there is significant migration from LO to others.

Running an i5 2500K OC'd to4.7, 8g DDR3 Ram, 2TB HD space, Diamond 6670 Video, X52 Pro Stick setup. :thumbup:

It would show a large difference of sales between FC2 and A-10C.:P

You can bet on it!

Because FC2 is an expansion of a product launched 8 years ago, where as A-10 is only 1 year old..comparing the two is difficult at the moment, not to speak that they are different in terms of fidelity, so different products.

Spoiler

Its a poll.... online... yeah, there is probably a margine of error. But its not like there was a post on some other fan site telling everyone to vote for lockon or anything...

IMO, the best method to accurately determine the actual player size would be to take the game stats within multiplayer. Granted that is just MP, but usually tends to show the vitality of a game. And in that case, FC2 is quite healthy.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I don't see a problem with these figures. Most online-players prefer to engage in competative gameplay. Neither Ka-50 nor the A-10C is made for this.

That does not mean, it's the most popular sim in general, though.

Besides that, LockOnFiles.com has most stuff for LOMAC/FC, so of course most people are looking for these things, when visiting the page. Don't expect to see many people vote for a vegetarian life in a hunters shop either.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I don't see a problem with these figures. Most online-players prefer to engage in competative gameplay. Neither Ka-50 nor the A-10C is made for this.

That does not mean, it's the most popular sim in general, though.

I agree, but their are a lot of Ka-50 pilots that fly online. If they make the A-10 compatible with FC2 it might be the same as well. I think they should have it to where you can fly everything with FC2, meaning someone can fly A-10A along side a pilot in DCS-10C.

Do the poll at SimHQ or even IGN's PC section and see what the results are.

Due to it's commercial success (aka sales) and years of reputation, I am pretty sure that FSX would come out on top.

Maybe someone should open a poll at SimHQ, I might do that tonight. I'll post a link if I do. Here is a link to the new poll at SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3367860/1.html

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Well, being still relatively new to the Sim Community..and LoMAC was my very first Flight Sim...I love the LoMAC and FC2 version of the Fighters and what they have to offer..but I am a avid fan of the P-51D Mustang..so for now I have to go with FSX..but not taking away what LockOn/DCS have to offer..I have the last couple days flipping coins on whether to buy A-10 or not to buy...LOL

I really don't think that its a matter of the sales..that count I believe that its how the community binds together to make that particular sim the most popular..but no matter what ... there will always be someone saying this sim is better than that sim..I believe its a matter of user choice..and accept it...as for myself I have all sim's ...and trying them all next is Rise Of Flight...just to see the difference from all ..

But again my baby is the P-51D Mustang..and LoMAC and DCS are not going that way...but still love what the have done..keep it up..

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Once you go DCS A-10C its difficult to go back to FC.

Not at all m8!

FC2 is so easy and quick to get in to action. No "talk on" to find the target :pilotfly: I would vote FC2 over A-10C for a long time yet I think.

(HJ) still living out summer onboard my motorcycle :D

Yes, they probably won't publish the numbers.

But refuse to compare them? They are interested in making money, so you bet they continually evaluate their product performances. You make it sound as if they would ignore a cash-cow on purpose and need some random poll on a random site where the polled self-select... Such polls are not much use at all.

You should rest assured that ED knows very well how their products perform and are fully capable of making their choices accordingly. Remember, for a customer it's afternoon entertainment on the line, for ED it's the livelihood that's on the line.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Once you go DCS A-10C its difficult to go back to FC.

I just can't go back into the A-10A. I end up spending half the time wondering why certain switches are toggled a specific way on the texture and trying to move my mouse to switch em back. Every other aircraft is fine though and still quite enjoyable. I think whenever DCS: CA-18 comes out, FC2 will still have some appeal. I'll remain that perfect stepping stone for DCS and will still provide the faster paced gameplay it is known for.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yes, they probably won't publish the numbers.

But refuse to compare them? They are interested in making money, so you bet they continually evaluate their product performances. You make it sound as if they would ignore a cash-cow on purpose and need some random poll on a random site where the polled self-select... Such polls are not much use at all.

You should rest assured that ED knows very well how their products perform and are fully capable of making their choices accordingly. Remember, for a customer it's afternoon entertainment on the line, for ED it's the livelihood that's on the line.

Well put! :thumbup: