how to change mission default loadout

rocketeer

I know how to create a custom loadout. Before you launch a mission, you select your aircraft on the map then go to loadout page, create a new loadout mix and save to a new name. But I have to select this before I launch every time. Is it possible to change the default loadout?

I see my custom loadout name in unitPayloads.lua in the dynamic Saved Games\DCS Warthog\MissionEditor path. But how does each mission know which loadout to default to? I want to change the default loadout for a mission without having to manually change the default to new mix before launch each time.

Just open up the mission editor from the main menu screen, then open your mission file. Select your aircraft, change the load, then save and exit.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

After you pick the individual stations and assign weapons, and after it creates the new loadout configuration, do you go back and actually select it? Strange.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

yes i go back and select it of course. but you are not getting what i'm saying. If default loadout for this mission is A, and I created a custom loadout B. I know i can select B in mission planner before launch. But I want to permanently change this mission's default loadout to B, so that i don't have to go into mission planner and select B each time, which is a hassle. I want to run this mission and it always default to B. period. for each mission i want to decide the type of weapons i'd always carry for that mission, and fix it and default it for good without having to select every time i launch it.

There is a difference between mission planner and mission editor. If you select a mission through the mission categories (Instant Action, Single Mission) then go into mission planner before starting mission to make changes they will only work for that playthrough. If you go into Mission Editor on the DCS main screen and open your mission through there you can then edit a lot more stuff and save the changes for good.

@cthulhu68, thanks for pointing out this. I never knew there is a difference between mission planner and mission editor. Show that i've never gone into the mission editor before.

GTFreeFlyer has been talking about mission editor, while i've been talking about mission planner. duh! silly me. no wonder the disconnect.

Initially i went into mission editor and changed loadout and couldn't save. then i read somewhere that i had to run dcs as administrator. that worked.

thanks guys.

@cthulhu68, thanks for pointing out this. I never knew there is a difference between mission planner and mission editor. Show that i've never gone into the mission editor before.

GTFreeFlyer has been talking about mission editor, while i've been talking about mission planner. duh! silly me. no wonder the disconnect.

Initially i went into mission editor and changed loadout and couldn't save. then i read somewhere that i had to run dcs as administrator. that worked.

thanks guys.

Glad you got it worked out. I don’t think I’ve ever used the planner. The editor is great :)