Do we have to buy a module for 2.5

jfri

My only question for the past 3 years still remains:

When will DCS stop fiddling around and finally join all multiple versions and modules into 1 coherent product? We are in 2018...

In other words what is he point of producing dozens of aircraft modules when your main product is not complete, even worse, it is delayed for like a 3 years....

picture.php?albumid=1460&pictureid=9511

I still have the original Lock On Modern Air Combat CD (2003).

When I bought Flaming cliffs you had to own the original Lomac because UBI

soft still owned rights.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/lock-on-modern-air-combat/release-info

https://www.lockon.ru/en/

It was a while until ED/DCS had the rights to everything.

Back in the day there was no DCS world. Back in the day each aircraft

was it's own install and included the map.

No auto update system existed. I could go on.

DCS world was the first move to fix that and new aircraft came because we

wanted them no matter what ED was working on.

It took a while for them to get here and we kept the stable version around

until the new stuff worked OK. simple as that.

And guess what. All those new aircraft that were developed are gonna slide

right into the new DCS world like they were made for it ! How about that.

Aren't ya glad they got made before the release of 2.5 ?

It took along time to do all this because it was darn hard.

That's why..............

Now to answer your original question. End of January 2018

• Like 2

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the meantime, those who pre-purchased the A-10C were promised to get a copy of the NTTR map. But to the best of my knowledge, the "existing" NTTR map sucked, and had to be recreated from scratch.

Now if it was me, I might have created a map that very loosely resembled NTTR and considered the obligation fulfilled. But not ED. If you look at the NTTR map... actually, I don't know how to describe in writing the amount of awe that I feel when flying there. This is not just "an obligation fulfilled". The map is just insanely beautiful. The amount of detail is mind-blowing.

Well, if I would have been ED, I would have considered to release a NTTR map with the 1.2.x terrain engine - if it was 80-90% ready as is.

Then I would have promised to get it updated to the current NTTR just like the Caucasus (#1 map, NTTR being #2 map, Normandy #3 map etc) is receiving now with 2.5.

That way get early quickly the NTTR map out, the flight missions for it and keep going forward.

But that is only the theory, easy to say etc etc. And one of the challenges was that we ended up a 2.0 Alpha and 1.5x. Incompatible to each other.

But looking all around that, the main drawback I saw with it is just the licensing, DRM keys wasted to two different installations etc. ANyways the maps would require a lot of space even if all behind one installation base, but the module management just has been little too difficult compared to if it would have been just one.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

All this talk about how things were and such reminds me of this stupid commercial:

I know I know, that's horrible to spread a mobile game on here. But I thought it was funny :P Especially the part "It's only been a year..."

Soon, we'll be chatting with noobs as they complain about DCS like "We used to have 3 separate installs, an old Ubisoft game, and had to sprinkle goat blood each full moon just to make the damn thing work!"

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

what I understand the upgrade will be made in two different way.

1- downloading the whole 2.5

2- update from 1.5beta to 2.5

I see some people posting that update will be from 2.2 to 2.5 . I think this is not correct.

somebody can clarify this please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All this talk about how things were and such reminds me of this stupid commercial:

I know I know, that's horrible to spread a mobile game on here. But I thought it was funny :P Especially the part "It's only been a year..."

Soon, we'll be chatting with noobs as they complain about DCS like "We used to have 3 separate installs, an old Ubisoft game, and had to sprinkle goat blood each full moon just to make the damn thing work!"

Lol I like your style cowboy !!!

(P.S. You also had to be facing north when you clicked Start Mission ;))

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]