DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Yep, I'm not following a 156 page-thread. sorry.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been like that for years now (although the amount of unforeseen issues and exceptions to this rule was pretty high when 2.5 came around). So business as usual :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
It has been like that for years now (although the amount of unforeseen issues and exceptions to this rule was pretty high when 2.5 came around). So business as usual :)

Pretty much, but we have a lot of new faces around, and a lot of people excited about Hornet updates, so it helps to remind people.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Sith, I know you mentioned it in the post, but I think you'll still need add the following in big red letters:

"This is not a guarantee or a cast iron promise. Patch days will be missed/postponed as and when needed by the team"

otherwise I can forsee "where's the patch! the sticky said every other week!11!! rage rage rage" threads in the future.

Sith, I know you mentioned it in the post, but I think you'll still need add the following in big red letters:

"This is not a guarantee or a cast iron promise. Patch days will be missed/postponed as and when needed by the team"

otherwise I can forsee "where's the patch! the sticky said every other week!11!! rage rage rage" threads in the future.

Couldn't agree with this more! Expectations are set for some sort of update for every Wednesday.

Correct me if I am wrong...

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Couldn't agree with this more! Expectations are set for some sort of update for every Wednesday.

You’re wrong!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

We expect to put out an update every Wednesday, but as always, things could happen to disturb that. So not much different than previous.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You’re wrong!

We expect to put out an update every Wednesday, but as always, things could happen to disturb that. So not much different than previous.
:music_whistling::music_whistling:

Thanks for the response Sith. Loving the updates we have been getting thus far.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

:music_whistling::music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3575286#post3575286

With some exceptions, that’s how it has worked historically. Traditionally, there is a OB update every 2 weeks.

My point was/is that you are wrong to say there is an expectation to have weekly updates.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

My point was/is that you are wrong to say there is an expectation to have weekly updates.

tenor.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Its a danger with early access and them adding new systems and such, key bindings can drastically change.

Indeed. However Beta builds and Early Access could at least have more messaging to indicate it's actually a beta/early and such things may change and user values/profile reset, in various screens, such as when starting missions, in controls and settings menu, in pause screen, etc.

Kinda like a black-yellow (under-construction) stripped sign with the text in, maybe displayed in a way so it's not too bothring to the eyes, opacity, etc.

Not that it's ED's fault and they would need to do this, it's that it makes it clean that it shouldn't be ED's fault as the player was properly warned before on top of it. I'd personally would want this for myself, happened a few times I forgot I was playing a beta.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Kinda like a black-yellow (under-construction) stripped sign with the text in, maybe displayed in a way so it's not too bothring to the eyes, opacity, etc.

Pease no... some of us only fly the beta and the last thing we need is some intrusive watermark ruining our experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Not that it's ED's fault and they would need to do this, it's that it makes it clean that it shouldn't be ED's fault as the player was properly warned before on top of it. I'd personally would want this for myself, happened a few times I forgot I was playing a beta.

The main page of DCS World's website only shows the release version. One has to go looking, or been given a link to the Downloads page, to even access the Beta; at which point it clearly states, "The Open Beta is an optional version of DCS World that we use to first test new content and technologies before moving them to our release version."

That should be more than enough yellow caution tape for anyone. "Test"/break/fix go hand in hand with software development so when we hop the Beta train, we can expect some bumps along the road (rail). I have both Release and Beta versions installed. The only time I forget which one I'm running is...never. No, wait; there was this one (or three times) where fermented beverages were involved. :smilewink:

Wayne Saint

Gander, Newfoundland, Canada

"Do Unto Others BEFORE They Do Unto You..."

Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II

Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS, the OB isn’t really a beta at all despite its name, it’s just a preview of what will be the ‘release’ version a week later (unless a major bug is discovered).

DCS just evolves, you could say it is permanently in ‘beta’. The fortnightly process of one week updating the beta, followed the next week by making that the release version is pretty unconventional.

Usually, a beta is testing a different version while a ‘release’ version continues to be patched.

The occasional MP server aside, I’ve never understood why anyone uses the ‘release’ DCS version.

If some like me, wondered, what is Proportional Missile Navigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportional_navigation

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

If some like me, wondered, what is Proportional Missile Navigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportional_navigation

And what this practically means is longer ranges for missiles on maneuvering targets due to the missiles not bleeding all their energy at the beginning of a long-range shot. A huge gamechanger on BVR combat!

It does not add range for non-manuvering targets when shot from optimal parameters (e.g. missile does not need to turn to intercept).

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

"HUD glass has become lighter." Why did you change this?

Because it should be?

Remember that the problem with camera footage from real aircraft is that the camera shows things like the HUD differently than your eye sees it. Typically all HUDs are tinted way too much towards purple.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Because it should be?

Remember that the problem with camera footage from real aircraft is that the camera shows things like the HUD differently than your eye sees it. Typically all HUDs are tinted way too much towards purple.

Yep - the HUD is far too dark, especially in low light conditions. Much more than any other module - and makes discerning ground units in VR far more difficult than it needs to be. I'm glad they relented on this (there was a big thread on the Hornet forum that got closed after they said they wouldn't change it).